Several Vehicles Damaged by Fire in the Martinez Wal-Mart Parking Lot

March 31, 2014 8:21 am · 18 comments

fire

fire2

fire3

Several vehicles were damaged after a fire broke out in the Martinez Wal-Mart parking lot early this morning.

The cause of the blaze is still under investigation, and no injuries were reported.

Just two days ago, firefighters responded to the Walnut Creek BART station for a vehicle fire at 2am. That blaze was considered an arson fire, according to BART PD. It is unknown if today’s fire is related to the fire at Walnut Creek BART.

photo credit: Craig Cannon – for use only on Claycord.com

{ 18 comments }

1 Michelle March 31, 2014 at 8:46 AM

This looks terrible! I hope there were no serious injuries, praying for all involved.

2 2 AM ? March 31, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Someone’s ex., or revenge of some sort.

3 iluvfriedchicken March 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Do we have a serial arsonist? This is the third case of vehicle fire in as many months.

4 cg March 31, 2014 at 10:28 AM

This is so sad, if someone is setting cars a blaze then they have no thought for those that own those cars and the cost that people that may be struggling may have. I hope if it is arson the person(s) are caught quickly. Walmart should have security cameras, right? I hope they are checking that and also I would think BART would have some type of security cameras.

5 Jerk March 31, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Oh no, a Ford! Looks like it’s living up to the Planned Obsolescence that it was designed for.

6 Anon777 March 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Why are cars parked there overnight? It’s not a 24 hour store. Maybe your driveway or in front of your house would be safer?

7 my car March 31, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Many people that commute to work and work nights many times park their cars in lighted lots and wait for a ride to work.
Or it could be that some repo company is using the lot as a drop off area.

8 I work accross the street March 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I work at Home Depot across the street, and no it’s not a 24hr store. But they have an overnight crew that works overnight. So that’s why the cars are parked there.

9 Jessica March 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Damn. Glad I wasn’t there! o.O

10 Down and Out March 31, 2014 at 12:32 PM

According to the founder Sam Walton, people are allowed to camp in any Walmart parking lot overnight. You will often see RV’s or homeless there overnight. Plus there is also a night shift who works there, as someone already mentioned.

11 Cuzzzzz............... March 31, 2014 at 1:18 PM

It really doesn’t matter “why” the cars were there. The problem is there is some sick wanko out there that thinks it is “ok” to destroy other property by burning. it. Today a car, tomorrow a house…………

12 If it was not an accident.... Someone is a huge "COWARD" March 31, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I hope this was NOT arson!

13 Sara March 31, 2014 at 3:07 PM

One of the cars belongs to my mother in law and she is a hard worker at wall mart doing a night shift and to come out to this who ever is doing this is taking from those that have worked do hard for their transportation to work and you destroy it and grit feeling if safety for what?

14 Mimi (original) March 31, 2014 at 3:31 PM

There are so many low-lifes in this world, aren’t there?

15 Kelley March 31, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Sara, sorry about your mother-in-laws car. I know this mst be so hard for her. But, is the investigation completed? Maybe a manufacturer problem caused spontaneous combustion, you have to look into everything and can’t rule out anything.

16 Han Solo March 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Did anyone consider that a car fire may start due to a mechanical or electrical problem ?

17 Sara April 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM

They are still investigating it may be a car defect from the other car sad fact either way my mother in law is out of a car and no help at all from the insurance company sad

18 Kelley April 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Sorry about the insurance, I guess they don’t cover spontaneous combustion. But feel better anyway….