Vehicle Stolen from Century Theater Parking Lot in Pleasant Hill

March 29, 2014 16:28 pm · 31 comments

honda

Claycordians, a fellow resident needs our help….

My 92′ Honda Civic was stolen in Pleasant Hill at the Century Theater parking lot. I was working at the time that it was stolen. It has my school projects and papers that I need to graduate from college. I would appreciate if you help me spread the word to the people of Claycord to keep an eye out for my car. It is my only transportation to work and school. License plate: 7CBG365 *has big red scratches on the drivers side rear bumper.

Good luck, we’ll be keeping our eyes out!

{ 31 comments }

1 Share The Road With Me! March 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Shared!

2 anon March 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Real bummer, hope you get everything back.

3 Michelle March 29, 2014 at 5:34 PM

We’ll keep our eyes out for you. Hope for the best! :-)

4 chs graduate March 29, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Thank you so much! This car is much needed, its a shame that someone would take a car and Im pretty sure someone seen it. It was during daylight so I wouldnt doubt it. Everyone please keep an eye open and call Officer J. Espinoza or Police if anyone sees or hears any information about it. We highly appreciate it!

5 the Shi ite March 29, 2014 at 5:56 PM

Broken Record….thieves are LAZY, when they see this they will move on to the next victim:

6 wibbly March 29, 2014 at 6:43 PM

This was thought about a while ago. Thieves in planning.

7 mika March 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM

What’s up with these older model cars getting stolen? Where was the car parked, in the garage or in the Lucky parking lot? Hope owner gets his homework back, and learned never to leave valuables in your car!

8 Anon March 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Here you are doing everything right..and some piece of crap steals your car. Ill spread the word and will keep an eye out too. Congrats on your upcoming graduation!

9 Clayanon March 29, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Years ago my Saturn was stolen from the Walnut Creek BART station. A Saturn! The BART police told me cars are often stolen from BART stations from people who don’t want to pay the fare when it’s cheaper to just steal a car and use it to get back and forth. They then abandon the car. I didn’t believe the cops but two days later I got a call from the Walnut Creek police. The car was parked not far from the BART station and discovered when they were going to ticket it in a metered parking space.
So my advice to the victim here is, be positive you may get that car and its contents back. My car wasn’t missing anything, hopefully you will have the same luck. Good luck!

10 Sorry CHS Grad March 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Was it in the open lot next to the theater or in the garage? There are so many thefts in the garage, I’d rather risk a ticket parking in a lot than park there.

I wish the landlord would install security cameras and the PHPD would patrol it more often.

11 Hopefully you get it back March 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM

first thing to do….disable fuel gauge. It will always read “E” but you’ll know how much gas you have by tracking with trip odometer. Car thieves are Gutless Peuking Maggots and will immediately bail out

12 Rose Garden March 29, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I hope you get your car back!

Parking garages are an easy target. I hope they step up the surveillance.

13 To mika #7 March 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Honda Civics are one of the top stolen cars. Especially those older models.

If you get your car back the Concord Police were giving out for free the steering wheel bar lock to help prevent these thefts. So sorry your college class work got stolen. A valuable lesson was learned. Something of that much importance can not be left in your vehicle. It is as valuable to you as jewelry, or expensive electronics. As like you said, your graduation depends on it. Possible write a letter to the Contra Costa Times as well asking the thief to at the very least drop off your work somewhere.

14 jjjj March 29, 2014 at 9:33 PM

My daughter’s ’94 Honda was stolen from in front of our house on Valentines Day….Walnut Creek police called about 10 days later in the early morning saying they had located the car on Creekside Dr. Things were stolen out of the car, the front plate was stolen and taped over but the car was in good shape…just filthy on the outside. Maybe call Walnut Creek PD and ask if they will check Creekside Dr. Don’t try to recover it yourself, not worth the trouble you would get into. Personal photos were left in the car so it is possible your schoolwork could still be there.

15 Kai March 29, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Also keep checking security at DVC. A friend had his backpack stolen from his car parked near our house. I figured the thief would dump it when they found only schoolbooks inside. We fanned out and checked garbage cans in the park nearby and ditches along the road. We didn’t find it but some neighbor did and realized it was a DVC textbook inside and took whole thing to DVC security the next day. It was in the security office and when he went into security to report it stolen they asked him to describe it. He had it back. Hope the same happens for you.

16 chs graduate March 29, 2014 at 11:17 PM

@13 & 7 My school things were in my car because right after school I’d go straight to work. I work at Sweet Tomatoes and go to Heald in Concord so I never have the time to go home and leave my school stuff there :/ but thank you for everyone’s comments and wishes! And Yes, it was in the garage but it was in the first floor literally in front of the elevator and the crosswalk to the movie theater so someone at least should have seen it. Just hope it is found soon!

17 Basel March 29, 2014 at 11:32 PM

80′s and 90′s vintage Hondas and Toyotas are high on the list of stolen vehicles. The ignition is usually so worn out, a scissor, file cabinet key, or simply a screw driver will kick them over to start. Check out your ignition key, is it pretty well worn out with rounded edges? It’ll correspond to the state of the locking system. Bad guys caught with ‘shaved keys’ are charged with burglary tools – as they’ll open doors and start engines.

Hope you get your car back soon along with the contents.

18 Meth Monsters March 30, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Free club?

19 jb March 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your car being stolen…As others have said before me. I hope it is found with all your books and paperwork so you can graduate. Know how much work you put into this work and hope it is found.
I will keep my eyes open today and if I spot it will call the police…the more eyes watching for it may help…and hope someone did see something and will report it. I myself do not go to the movies anymore as to expensive but if I do will not park in that lot..I park on the same side as the theater and so far have not had a problem…so sorry for your loss…and hope it gets recovered soon…

20 anon March 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM

CPD was giving away free security clubs to put on your steering wheel for people with Hondas and Toyotas because those vehicles are stolen everyday.

21 really March 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Its heald college you can graduate with a coloring book. Lol

22 Theyellowranger March 30, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What’s up with older cars stolen? As some have mentioned the ubiquity of the honda civic/accord makes them in demand as parts. The newer models in the last 10 years or so have much more sophisticated security devices installed stock. RFID enabled keys which must be present or the computer will shut down the engine makes them hard to steal without the actual key. Unless a thief has a tow truck most newer cards are really hard to steal for a an amateur thief.

23 Silva March 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM

That is just so rotten. To anyone who has worked and gone to school at the same time, we all know why you had your schoolwork in your car. No explanation necessary. I sure hope you get it all back.

24 Time to install a kill switch! March 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Hide it so your car will not start simple idea will save you a lot of $$$$ and headaches.

On a side note when you get caught and you will do not kid yourself you will get 7 years for a first offense….

One question…. IS IT WORTH IT????

25 Me too March 30, 2014 at 10:09 AM

I’ve had 3 Honda’s stolen, check out in Bay Point.

26 MrDuckyWucky March 30, 2014 at 12:53 PM

sorry for your bad luck, sister. My advice is learn a lesson from this. What is that lesson? dont buy cars that are most popular for theft:

Hondas built between 1990 and 2000 dominated the National Insurance Crime Bureau’s list of most stolen vehicles, taking 16 of the top 20 spots…

cheers

27 Dukka Dukka March 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I was at the theater during this time, saw Divergent. Good movie, but ushers were constantly eagle-eyeing patrons(sat near exit ramp), thought it was strange. The kill-switch sounds like a great idea, cheap and effective. Just don’t make it owner proof…..

28 anon March 30, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I find a lot of stuff by praying either to help me find it or for it to be returned.

29 me March 31, 2014 at 7:20 AM

@ #24 Time to install a kill switch!

Exactly ! Older Hondas are notoriously easy to steal.
Worn out locks….etc
I know …My ’03 got ripped in less than 1 min, late one night.
And an alarm (w/window sticker) wouldn’t hurt either.
The thieves will move on to easier pery.

30 Terrible March 31, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Hope you get everything back. That is such a bummer about your school projects and papers being stolen. Hope the scum that did this to you is caught soon and charged with more than a slasp on the wrist.

31 chs graduate March 31, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Thank you everyone who wished me luck in finding my car! Fortunately it was located in the streets of SF BUT unfortunately my school work and some of my favorite CD’s were stolen. But thank you so much Claycordians and Mayor I very much appreciate it.