Lindsay Wildlife Museum Names New Director of Veterinary Services

March 29, 2014 16:20 pm · 14 comments

dr

Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek has announced Dr. Guthrum Purdin has been appointed director of veterinary services, a transition from his previous role as associate veterinarian.

The following information is from the Lindsay Wildlife Museum:

In the new position, Dr. Purdin will further develop the veterinary medical program at Lindsay Museum and continue to provide best possible care to the more than 5,000 animal patients the wildlife rehabilitation hospital treats each year.

Dr. Purdin has worked for Lindsay Wildlife Museum since March 2013. He completed his veterinary education at University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine and, prior to joining Lindsay, worked with several wildlife rehabilitation organizations. Most recently Dr. Purdin was with the Wildlife Care Association in Sacramento as shelter veterinarian and member of the board of directors. He continues to be a speaker at national wildlife conferences.

“I am confident that Dr. Purdin will continue to provide excellent leadership and animal care at Lindsay Wildlife Museum’s wildlife rehabilitation hospital,” said Norma Bishop, Lindsay Wildlife Museum executive director. “His extensive experience and dedication are vital in building on Lindsay’s legacy as the first wildlife rehabilitation hospital in the nation.”

{ 14 comments }

1 Angelface March 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM

He’s HOT. Sorta has that Philip Seymore Hoffman thing going on.

2 brown menace March 29, 2014 at 6:28 PM

I thought it was a mug shot! ha

3 sam March 29, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Thank goodness for the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, Hospital; for all of our,
nature’s wildlife, injured or otherwise, they continue to rescue, save every year.

4 Rose Garden March 29, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Congratulations Dr. Purdin!

I love the Lindsay Wildlife Museum! God bless them for all they do.

5 Michelle March 29, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Kudos Dr. Purdin, this was well deserved. Such a wonderful place and good people who work there to care for the wildlife.

6 Anonalalon March 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Interesting I didn’t see an announcement for Norma Bishop who was only recently appointed the new director. Regardless perhaps the press release is her brain child to get more awareness of the museum. Good job Ms Bishop.

7 yawn March 30, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Oh gee willickers! Who cares!

8 Angelface March 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Seriously, the Lindsay Wildlife Museum is a fantastic institution, we’ve been proud members for decades. And he’s HOT.

9 Dirty Desiree March 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

awww man..he told me he was the new gyno doc at the medical center–oh well at least i got that checkup…

10 Lori March 31, 2014 at 8:32 AM

A smile would have been nice. Congratulations Dr. Purdin.

11 Dr. Jellyfinger® March 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM

It’s a serious job Lori. Not much to smile about when you have patients that don’t trust you & bite! A sincere love for animals is necessary in order to be a Vet. Lord knows I couldn’t hack it. The first & only time I did a rectal exam on a Badger I was injured so badly I nearly bled to death! In hindsight….. uhm, no pun intended, I suppose the tranquilizer would have helped more if I had given it to the Badger (I thought it was for me).

12 Silva March 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Dr. Jellyfinger, #9 has your fingerprints all over it!

13 Dr. Jellyfinger® March 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Silva, Puhleeze! Not me. No. I am only responsible for my own stupid comments.

14 Silva March 31, 2014 at 7:46 PM