Event at JFK University in Pleasant Hill to Feature Grandson of Cesar Chavez.

March 27, 2014 · 23 comments

Chavez Comm Flyer Rev2

Please click on the flyer above for all the information.

Reservations are still being accepted.

1 NoMoreFreeRide March 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Grandson! Pretty soon they’re have his second cousin out there. Really people you can’t go back in time it’s not the 60’s or 70’s.

2 concord resident March 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Great learning opportunity for my child. We’re going.

3 pac o March 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Ceasar Chavez was against illegal immigration since they were a threat to the strikes he organized. He was a socialist if not a communist. Maybe I will go to eat the Mexican food, and bring grape juice as a gift we can all drink. I’m all out of the Kool-aid.

4 ClayDen March 27, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Stupid!

5 North Concord March 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM

All you ignorant people need too go else where with all your stupidity comments its an opportunity too learn about history I bet if it was a white American looking like uncle sam you guys wouldnt be saying any stupid like you are everyone of you needs too grow up an act more mature Ceasar Chaves Live On Si Se Puede Puto’s!!!!

6 Anon March 27, 2014 at 11:47 AM

“We have a state holiday for Cesar Chavez (the CSU is closed), but not for Presidents Day????????????????”

Lots of votes there — illegal & legal

7 North Concord March 27, 2014 at 11:49 AM

All you ignorant people need too go else where with all your stupidity comments its an opportunity too learn about history I bet if it was a white American looking like uncle sam you guys wouldnt be saying anything stupid like you are everyone of you needs too grow up an act more mature Cesar Chaves Live On Si Se Puede Puto’s!!!

8 Futurama March 27, 2014 at 12:23 PM

I’ve seen smarter white people than the people who post here on the Michelin man signs.

9 Rose Garden March 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM

I’m not a liberal, nor am I Hispanic, but this sounds like a very honorable event.

Anthony Chavez should be very proud!

10 at Anon March 27, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Anon, please please get a life. Read, experience and learn. There’s so much more than just posting on Claycord.
Good day.

11 at Pac O March 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Please, educate yourself a bit more about this topic, your posting is extremely ignorant. I would be ashamed.

12 Malice In Wonderland March 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM

@ClayDen #4: There is a holiday for Columbus as well…you may want to read up on his track record. #ignorant

13 at North Concord March 27, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Please don’t help….

14 94519 March 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I picked tomatoes and other fruits and veggies
Fo a few days and marched (as a H.S. student)
with Ceasar and in support of farm workers
during the hay day of this movement in Oxnard
Ca.. I am White, and must say very few would
do for their people, what he did for his.
I say VIVA CEASAR, VIVA!

15 Old Kid March 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Communist and rabble rouser is bad. Opposing illegals in ANY way is good. Result: ambivalence.

16 ClayDen March 27, 2014 at 6:16 PM

@Malice In Wonderland

As a historical figure, there is no comparison between the significance of Columbus versus Chavez. If Columbus deserves a whole day for a holiday, perhaps Chavez deserves a minute or two. And you’re calling me ignorant? Go change out of your Che t-shirt now.

BTW, did you notice that our great country was discovered by an Italian and also named after one?

17 camilla Sodia at ClayDen March 27, 2014 at 7:04 PM

You’re not making any sense…..:-(

18 camilla Sodia at ClayDen March 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Please stick to the topic.

19 Context March 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM

hmmm and I thought Columbus discovered the new world…occupied at the time by what he called Indians in 1492? 295 years before the constitutional convention, while working on behalf of Spain. And the America you think is our country, is the name of the continent as named by Martin Waldseemüller who credited Vespucci…who landed in Brazil.

20 Antler March 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Thank you, John F. Kennedy University and Century Theater, Pleasant Hill! This will be a fine tribute and learning experience, and I hope the theater will be filled.

21 Frito Bandito March 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I plan to show up early and get My pick of the seats.

22 NotPC March 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I say protests are in order. Anyone?

23 typical concord resident March 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Sure, PLEASE go protest this event. Then you can go to Oakland and protest MLK Jr. Those darn brown people really need to learn their place, and you’re just the one to teach them!

Make sure you let us know in advance where you’ll be so we can bring our video cameras… you know, for science…