The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 12 Burglaries in the Past 7 Days

March 21, 2014 9:30 am · 7 comments

burglary

This week, Concord had 12 burglaries. The week before, Concord had 22, and before that, Concord had 10 burglaries.

The last two numbers in each address have been deleted to respect the privacy of the victim(s).

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above might not include burglaries that are still under investigation.

{ 7 comments }

1 Kaski March 21, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Is it possible to post the weekly info about vehicle thefts? Seems to be a rash of them happening and it would be nice for people to be aware of what’s happening in their neighborhoods so they can perhaps at least buy a ‘Club’ in order to protect themselves. Particularly the people who only are covered by liability insurance

2 Anonymous March 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Be nice if the Chief made burglary a top priority.

3 just a concordian March 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Mayor, a question.. Has there been any instances during your years of reporting that a place was hit twice?

4 CLAYCORD.com March 21, 2014 at 11:05 AM

@Just a Concordian, yes, many times.

5 Rose Garden March 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM

We don’t live in Concord (Alhambra Valley), but no police dept. will ever make burglary a top priority.

Burglary is a property crime, and property crimes are low priority to all departments.

All departments make violent crimes a priority. Larger cities (violent felonies are a priority), and smaller departments, (violent crimes, felonies or misdemeanors).

If it was up to me, burglaries would be a priority in all cities, because we’re all “at risk.”

But I understand the difference between property crimes and violent crimes.

Anonymous, I agree with you. But unfortunately it will never happen.

6 Anonymous March 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM

@ Rose Garden You are right about Concord anyway. The Chief makes domestic violence a top priority and not burglary. Domestic violence is a bad thing, its also virtually unpreventable by beat cops.

I am a lot more worried about burglars coming (again) then I am about being the victim of domestic violence. Although the misses did throw a slipper at me when I wouldn’t change channels.

We know the Chiefs priorities, Id like to see the Mayor do a poll and see how many people would trade burglary for domestic violence as a top goal.

7 GTG March 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM

I agree with Kaski. In the last 6 months 2 of my vehicles have been stolen from out in front of my house/driveway, not to mention my neighbor’s car, and a few other burglaries…
It would be nice if there was more of a crack-down knowing all of the crime that has been going on lately. It’s Concord folks, not that bad of a town! :(