Need a Job? The Popeyes on Clayton Rd. in Concord is Hiring

March 20, 2014 10:00 am · 26 comments

popeyes

The Popeyes restaurant, which is currently under construction on Clayton Rd. at Ayers Rd. in Concord, is hiring.

Check out the picture for all the information.

Below is the previous story we published regarding the construction of the new Popeyes & Arco AM/PM.

popeyes

The construction of a new Popeyes Chicken and Arco AM/PM gas station is underway at the corner of Clayton Rd. & Ayers Rd. in Concord.

As we first reported a few months ago, the gas pumps will be along Clayton Road, and the Popeyes & AM/PM will be near the back wall of the property, along with the drive-thru for Popeyes.

This land used to be occupied by a Chevron gas station and a 7-Eleven convenience store, but the property has been vacant for over 10 years.

{ 26 comments }

1 kira March 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM

My favorite fast food YEA :)

2 Little Nikki March 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Popeye’s Chicken is the shiznit!

3 just a concordian March 20, 2014 at 11:27 AM

Great! That’s what we need… more greasy deep fried food restaurants!

4 SF CityGirl March 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM

So not looking forward this joint.

5 Tia March 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I just applied on behalf of my Son :)

6 Wow March 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Any ideas of when it will be done. Cause I want to first in line. Love Popeyes

7 Hallelujah March 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Finally. Can’t wait, best chicken joint ever

8 Cowellian March 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Love that chicken from Popeye’s!

9 cant wait March 20, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Love the rice, very spicy and tasty. There goes my diet.

10 ConcordMike March 20, 2014 at 1:48 PM

Good. KFC on Clayton has gone downhill the past few months. Drive thru menu is right at the speaker so you don’t have time to figure out what you want. Couple of months ago they didn’t have any white meat, and if we wanted white meat, we would have to wait ten minutes.
Last week we ordered three 3 Piece meals via drive thru, only to find out later we only received three 2 Piece meals. Even though they gave us 6 cookies for our troubles, bottom line is they need to get their act together.
I welcome Popeyes!

11 WC44 March 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM

More fine dining for Concord.

12 Idiocracy March 20, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Yuck please do not build this…
Can Concord get a Wholefoods and stop trying to be Richmond? Popeye’s chicken is worse than KFC.
Concord Council #1 Priority Get rid of the Monument experiment AKA Call ICE and establish a clean Sweep door to door period. Can’t handle the load call the national guard = problem solved and probably 10,000 jobs made available to actual TAX paying citizens.
# 2 When you sweep up all the illegals sweep up all the Bums on Clayton road.. Nothing makes me more mad than to pay a mortgage and property taxes and then drive around the corner and see hordes of homeless on clayton Rd! Don’t my tax dollars that you swindle from me pay for shelters? or programs that dumbocrats make (that always fail) to help these people ?
#3 Get some Beat cops to walk up and down clayton and Monument – I mean geez even the five points in New York in 1864 had beat cops
#4 Put a traffic Light on Willow Pass and 6th street

Feel free to add any other improvements or solutions that are actually plausible ….

13 Idiocracy March 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM

I heard monument Is the way it is cause slumloards allow 10 or more people to live in one apartment and don’t enforce the codes/laws

14 Concord Blvd Resident March 20, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Keep the Popeyes, loose the AM/PM….

AM/PM tends to attract the low end of the community, the ones that toss their garbage, cig butts, bottle/cans and wrappers out the car window rather than putting their trash in a trash can, the ones that are out in public in the middle of the day still wearing the sleep wear from the night before….. The ones with their pants so loose they have to hold them up as they walk….You get the picture….

Traffic is going to be a mess in that immediate area once that poor excuse for a “C” store/gas retailer opens. And just watch as the graffiti increases exponentially in surrounding neighborhoods. I feel sorry for the folks living in the immediate area.

There is going to be booming thumbing stereos at all times of the day as people stop for $10 of gas and a cold 40oz for the road…. Squealing tires as they jump out into traffic on Clayton Rd.

I hope the city puts limits on their hours of operation….

Anyone wants a preview of what the congestion will look like should go visit the AM/PM at Willow Pass and Farm Bureau…..

15 Millenial Michelle March 20, 2014 at 2:54 PM

If it doesn’t pay $75K, I’m not interested….. I’ve got unemployment insurance.

Thanks to all of you and Mr. Obama for the extended vacation.

16 Cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz March 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Oh boy………more low-end substandard fast “food”…….Just what Concord needs. Concord will always be a low-end city if they keep adding these types of restaurant/retail establishments
And some of you wonder why other on here refer to Concord as “Ghetto”….Well…………”here’s your sign”

17 Alex Jordan March 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Wasn’t this being built next to Chevron, Subway and Jack in the Box in the Willow Pass Business Park?

18 Grace March 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I can hardly wait.

19 Unbelievable Trolls March 20, 2014 at 6:22 PM

When did this post go from employment positions to “reasons” why one neighborhood is trashier than the next? You people need hobbies, or a job, or both! Popeyes is hiring! I suggest you look into it. :P

20 Arnold Ziffel March 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I want a job there so I can sign up for Obama-Care.

21 Yhe Phantom March 20, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Idiocracy, Cuzzzz and Arnold

Read “Anger Kills”

It could save your life.

22 A Little Slice of Richmond March 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Just what we need, more ghetto blight and subsistence wages. Well it does fit with the K Mart across the street.

23 Spartan Dad March 21, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Good for Concord! I don’t eat much fast-food but I do prefer Popeyes over the other choices on Clayton Road, I also love that we get an AM/PM the gas station stores around that area suck.. I don’t see traffic being an issue either because it’s no where near a freeway like the one on Willow Pass. All-around a great job on planning this. Long live Concord!

24 Cuzzzzzzzzzzzzz March 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Well folks if you need another reason why Concord is “Stuck on Stupid” just read the drivle Yhe Phantom writes……….There is your other sign

25 jobless March 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM

where do I apply for a job at popeyes?

26 Laura Zah March 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM

If you can’t even read the e-mail address on the sign you don’t qualify for the job.