Walnut Creek Police Search for White Van in Connection with Theft of ATM Machine

March 18, 2014 17:20 pm · 25 comments

Walnut Creek Police are searching for a white panel van in connection with the theft of an ATM machine on March 10 at 1am at the Shell gas station on Mt. Diablo Blvd. & Oakland Blvd.

The service station was unoccupied at the time of the burglary. Two suspects were involved and they were seen driving an unmarked white panel van. One subject wrapped moving straps around the ATM machine and attached the straps to the rear of the van. The subjects drove away using the vehicle to pull the ATM machine out of the store, police told Claycord.com.

“We are pursuing several leads and are investigating whether or not this burglary is linked to other similar crimes around the Bay Area”, Police said.

{ 25 comments }

1 Craig Cannon March 18, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Being a TV Photojournalist, I Work Many Counties. I’ve Monitored or Seen on News Feeds, this Same Exact Type Heist, Occur in Other Areas Lately. A Van, White, Straps-Yellow, and A Couple Creeps Pulling it Out Of The Floor Bolt Down with The Vehicle. Law Enforcement Not “Talking” about these in Some Cities, after it Occurs, Keeping it To Themselves, Seems Like a Great Disadvantage. Imagine all The Folks Out Here, Who Could Call a Sighting in to Police, if Only They were made Aware to Look For! Public will Help, if They Let Us! We All Have Cell Phones, Eyes, and Know What Looks Out Of Place! We Must Remember not to Approach Thugs on Our Own. That’s for The Pro’s.

2 DanMtz March 18, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Of course, the ATM owners were smart enough to install some surveillance cameras and have crystal clear pictures of the perpetrators. Right? Right??

3 Uh gee, March 18, 2014 at 7:00 PM

There are white vans everywhere, and yellow
tie straps also. They will get these guys,
but unless someone turns them in, they can’t
stop every white van in the Bay Area.
There are seven in just my immediate neighborhood.
I’ll keep my eye on those, ok! LoL

4 Odd March 18, 2014 at 7:41 PM

That shell station just went through a major remodel after being closed for months. You would think after all that they would have put in nice new surveillance cameras to pick up crystal clear images. We just may not know all of the story cuz with that very little but of info put out by WCPD in this article was useless.

5 Dorothy March 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Good think my white vehicle isn’t a van.

6 Dorothy March 18, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Oops, “thing” – sorry.

7 Bill March 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

White Van, that should be easy to find… Not like there are hundreds of thousands in the Bay Area or anything.

8 Jimboy March 18, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I learned something tonight.

The “Mayor” of Claycord (albeit self-appointed) is a stutterer.

“ATM Machine”

Automatic Teller Machine Machine.

9 Schmee March 18, 2014 at 8:19 PM

So how far did they drag it. Follow some marks in the cement. How did they get it in the van after?

And what’s with the Capitals craig?

10 Ted K., SuperMax March 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM

There’s a WB on ramp to Hwy 24 just west of that station. Guess where tht leads … Oakland.

Craig Cannon… I don’t care wht you do for a living but stay the heck off the railroad right-of-way. That pic you took was touching but you set a bad example by ‘getting the shot.’

11 Anonymous March 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Seems like the news had a very similiar deal in Sonoma County couple of days ago.

12 Lake March 18, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Exactly what is a white panel van? Can a photo be posted?

13 @Jimboy #8 March 18, 2014 at 10:05 PM

fffffunnnnny! :)

14 Elwood March 18, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Head ‘em off at the tunnel!

15 Bluto March 18, 2014 at 10:52 PM

They took the ATM? The whole F&&^%ing ATM?!!!!

16 Neil McCauley March 18, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I do what I do best, I take scores.

17 Ancient Mariner March 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Smarter to steal the ATM than to rob a bank – you get more money and, if you’re caught, the charge is burglary, not robbery.

18 Connie Dobbs March 18, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Lake, a panel van has no side or rear windows. Think plumbers, or electricians, or scary clowns.

19 Chevrolet girl March 19, 2014 at 6:25 AM

@ Jimboy 8 I had to reread that three times before I got it because I always say that too. Never gave it a second thought but I will now! Thanks

20 Anon March 19, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Seems it is way to easy– happens a lot.

21 To Craig March 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

I’m with Shmee. What’s with all the capital letters? Makes all your posts more difficult to read. If you want to share ideas, could you possibly change your “style” or whatever your reason is for capitalizing the first letter of Every Single Word In Your Posts!
Just my opinion.

22 Inpector Gidget March 19, 2014 at 12:35 PM

When will they catch the “Tiffany” in Walnut Creek burglars? Probably the same bunch.
ATM’s need better bolting down and alarms that go off when being taken away.

23 just a concordian March 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My buddy has a white van. And ties. But he uses them for motorcycle transport. Best to let him know to lay low. White vans are way too high profile at the moment.

24 Mayor please March 24, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Get a PHOTO from PD? I saw something suspicious recently day of theft, and seeing the video would Be helpful right?

25 Connie Dobbs March 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM

#24 If you saw something suspicious, contact CPD and report it. Broadcasting video from the scene may actually hamper the investigation.