The Claycord Online Museum – Concord Police K9 “Atticus”

March 18, 2014 14:00 pm · 20 comments

atticus

atticus2

This is Concord Police K9 “Atticus”, who served the citizens of Concord from 1978-1984 alongside his partner, Officer Steve Krull.

These photos are courtesy of the Concord Police K9 Association. Check out the K9 Association on facebook by clicking ON THIS LINK.

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

{ 20 comments }

1 Cowellian March 18, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Good Atticus!

2 Atticus and Krull March 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Officer Krull and K-9 Officer Atticus. Those are the kinds of names that strike fear in the hearts of men.

Atticus and Krull – Coming this fall to CBS.

Seriously though, I love police K-9s. They are usually incredibly friendly as long as you aren’t some scumbag criminal. Then you are lunch.

3 Beautiful March 18, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Beautiful dog. Thank you for the pictures.

4 Shelly March 18, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I remember that dog!

5 RunnerDope March 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I went to Oak Grove Intermediate and YVHS with Steve Krull. I don’t think he’s been with CPD for awhile, but I see him at the YV reunions.

6 Clayton Pete March 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I would totally watch “Atticus and Krull”.
Starring Robert Conrad, with Claude Akins as “The Chief”.

7 Kirkwood March 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I think I remember that dog also, the Officer used to bring the dog to the Corporation Yard and give him a car tire. The dog would chew the tire and toss it like a rag doll. Rottweilers are strong dogs.

8 anon... March 18, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Nice likeness to our own Atticus of “Whatever” fame……

9 jtkatec March 18, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Nice to know they have a FB page. Pictures of pooches are always nice.

10 Spanky Fortuna March 18, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I’ll go quietly, Officer.

11 Atticus Thraxx March 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM

How cool is that Volare? Rolling our fair streets with a Rottweiler and a shotgun. Like a boss.

12 Craig Cannon March 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM

Concord has and have had some Awesome K-9 Teams! Our Past Claycord Contributor “Radar” Sure Loved The K-9s of Concord. Took some Really Nice Tribute Photo’s of The Teams. Bless His Heart. Miss The Guy…..

13 Bill March 18, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Ahhhh, remember when Police vehicles didn’t look like Military assault vehicles??

14 nytemuvr March 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM

The ugliest cop cars of in all of Concord’s history and I’m a Mopar guy.

15 @bill March 18, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Well now bill, they don’t look like military assault vehicles now or ever so can you explain what you are talking about? If anything, police vehicles have become less noticeable than in the olden days due to the minimization of the light bar (thanks to LED technology) and the sleeker designs of the newest vehicles,which are similar to the numerous non law enforcement vehicles we already see on the streets everyday (like the dodge chargers). My only guess is you are referring to special command, SWAT, Bomb Squad, etc… vehicles which look different because they are designed to serve a very particular purpose, in which case you are comparing apples to oranges. So please explain why you feel law enforcement has become a local military brigade.

16 Connie Dobbs March 18, 2014 at 11:18 PM

#15 He saw it on Frontline.

17 Bill March 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM

@15 I’m talking about the ramming bumpers that could knock a tank off the road.. Talking about the SUV style behemoths that look straight out of Fallujah.. I have a feeling you know exactly what I’m talking about #15, could it be that you are just trying to minimize what all of us already know?? If not, you should really get out more dude..!! Fact: Police are becoming militarized in dress, Weaponry, and equipment. Everyone can see it, if you can’t then you are either sheltered or just plain contrary. (My vote is contrary)

18 Connie Dobbs March 19, 2014 at 11:58 AM

He could just be law-abiding.
You often get visits from the SWAT team?

19 VikingPrincess March 19, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Now THAT is just too cool.
Bet he or she was a puppy to his master ;)

20 james March 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I remember being in the 2nd grade in 1982 or 83 and having the police dog and handler come to my class for show and tell.

The handler let us pet the dog and it bit a kid. All the kids screamed and some where crying.

Since I was only a little kid do not know if the parents sued the Police Dept.