UPDATE: Fatal Hit & Run Vehicle -vs- Pedestrian Collision on Willow Pass Rd. – Vehicle Killed Woman on Sidewalk

March 17, 2014 · 30 comments

scene

Concord police are looking for the driver of a pickup truck involved in a fatal hit-and-run that happened on Sunday night.

Officers responded to a report that a vehicle had hit a pedestrian in the area of Willow Pass Road near N. 5th Street around 11:40 p.m., police said.

A pickup truck traveling east on Willow Pass Road left the roadway, hit a pedestrian walking west on the sidewalk and fled the scene, police said.

Arriving officers found the victim deceased on the roadway, according to police.

The victim’s identity is not being released pending notification of next of kin, police said.

Police are looking for a pickup truck with front-end damage and anyone with information is asked to call Officer Ken Carlson at 925-603-5931.

photo credit: Craig Cannon – for use only on Claycord.com

1 ale March 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Concord…where even sidewalks aren’t safe for pedestrians.

2 Anon. March 17, 2014 at 8:40 AM

What the person did was cowardice, period. He/she shoulda have faced the situation, karma will take care of it. God bless the family of the woman.

3 Anon March 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM

When I have been walking cars will swerve to miss the speedbumps and have almost hit me.

4 Old Guy March 17, 2014 at 8:51 AM

This is so sad . . . This accident shouldn’t have happened.
If they ever find this person I hope that they put him/her away and throw away the key!
I see, on a daily basis, examples of road rage, reckless driving. speeding cars, people running red lights, drivers cutting off other vehicles, AND I never see any police enforcing the laws we should be driving by.
It is time that Concord PD reassigned a team of officers who do nothing but watch for and ticket (or even arrest ) these reckless inconsiderate drivers that are currently in control of our streets.
If something is not done to eliminate lawless drivers this situation will only get worse.

5 anon March 17, 2014 at 8:52 AM

David Rosen (SPp?) are you free?

6 terrible March 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Pretty cold hearted to hit someone and just drive away. Sad. May this poor woman RIP.

7 Jerk March 17, 2014 at 9:15 AM

R I D I C U L O U S

8 PO'd March 17, 2014 at 9:40 AM

The amount of no end, low end scum that seem to permeate the local scene is astounding. One f—up after another, that have no real purpose, and will never be close to being a member of a community.This POS won’t even stop after knocking someone airborne.
Message to my governor: Please build enough prisons to house this type of human debris-forget the high speed rr and tunneling under the Delta-BUILD ENOUGH PRISONS DAMMIT!!!

9 anonanonagain March 17, 2014 at 9:41 AM

This is very tragic. The driver is a scumbag. To hit a human being and then drive off as if they have no value is disgusting. I hope that they find the scoundrel and bring them to sweet justice.
My thoughts and best wishes are with the family of the victim. This is heartbreaking……

10 Buster March 17, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Could also of been a case of domestic violence. How many times have you seen an argument with one person walking and another driving?
Very sad.

11 Cowellian March 17, 2014 at 9:54 AM

On the damn sidewalk?
Unbelievable!

Rest in Peace!

12 The fat rat March 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Yes pedestrian deaths only happen in concord…….

13 Wildcat March 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Buster hit it one the head. Either Domestic Violence or Drunk. Time will tell.

14 Idiocracy March 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I agree with Old guy and Po’d its as if we law abiding citizens are getting no representation even at a local law enforcement level. Its not just young ppl who are reckless, I’ve had 50 plus old guys trying to pick fights over me driving a nice car minding my own business. I don’t understand why things are so backwards around here. We reward the stupid, lazy and undeserving. One more thing that bothers me and its way off topic – what’s up with all the single moms out here ? Its an epidemic

15 Kahuna March 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM

This kind of individual should be put away for life and exposed to hard labor till he/she dies! What an empty pathetic soul this person is! My heart goes out to the victum’s Family!

16 Cowellian March 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Buster, that’s certainly possible, but it doesn’t seem likely. She was walking west, and the driver was driving east. If he had been driving alongside her, he would have had to have sped up to get ahead of her, turned around, and come back to hit her.

If that is what happened, it’s definitely premeditated.

17 Cowellian March 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

I’m betting drunk.

18 Nuttsie the Nutter March 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Somewhat related, has there been any more detail about what is happening with Jarrod Bickford, the kid that hit the car near Sam’s?

19 kira March 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM

What do single mothers have to do with anything at all? Someone lost their life and you feel the need to throw comments like that out?

20 J Mohr March 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I know that cops usually don’t bother with little traffic infractions, but it’s caused drivers to not care. I’ve almost been run over a bunch of times, crossing the street, in a crosswalk, with a green light, because people turning don’t pay attention. It’s also horrible in parking garages, people just fly around without concern for others trying to get to their car. As for the comment about single mothers made by @idiocracy, I’m a single mother because my child’s father died of cancer. Sorry I’m part of an epidemic. I guess I better run out and find a man because I am incapable of raising this child alone. Why not spend money on a babysitter and precious time away from my child so I can date. You’re an idiot. Hopefully you were just trying to stir things up because if not..like I said you’re an idiot.

21 Idiocracy March 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM

J mohr It was just an observation no need to get in depth about a tragic death. In no way was it a personal attack on you or any single mother I was just asking why there are so many

22 Paulina March 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Yolie u will be desperately missed. To your family go all of my prayers for Gods Serenity….

23 Rebecca March 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I know her son. I am so sorry for your loss as well as your family’s. may she rest in peace

24 Craig Cannon March 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I was So Upset at This Piece of Poop that would leave an Innocent Lady in The Street Dying, Then Driving Off, I was Compelled to Drive Around a Bit This Morning, just to see if That Truck was Parked Nearby. If we all Look, just a Little, we might find that Truck, and The Thug that Did This Ugly Thing.

25 Jorgge March 17, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I live a block away and mom was listening to the news this morning when i woke up and overheard. It is very sad and I hope her family knows many people in Concord have them in their prayers.
Last night my partner and I were driving back home from Pitt about an hour before this incident happened. Had we been an hour later, maybe we could have seen the truck. So painful to think she was left there.
Drivers, including myself, let’s remember to slow down in that curve of Willow Pass. Even if a driver isn’t under the influence, that is a scary turn. The city should add cement pillars to address the safety issue there.
To the driver who did this, the way to give closure to her family is to turn yourself in. It isn’t fair to see a human life leave so abruptly.
Lastly, we need a traffic light between the intersections of Willow/6th and Willow/Parkside. Pedestrians in the area deserve a safe place to cross the street. Maybe a light will also slow down those Willomaniac drivers.

26 I'll bet you the perp is one of your functioning members of the community... March 17, 2014 at 6:48 PM

…if I win, I get to keep that pretty high horse you’re looking down on everyone from. This town is full of functional drunks.

27 vcim March 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM

just heard on the news channel 7 that they have the driver of the hit and run is in custody, that is great news….

28 Towman March 17, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Vehicle is inpounded and driver is arrested.

29 Anon March 17, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Yes Old Guy I totally agree with you. There needs to be more law officers to get on this. Its getting worse and worse. People drive reckless and stupid all the time especially in the rain. I hope this scumbag gets caught and is put away for life. God bless the victims family you are in our prayers. We wont stop praying till this person is found and justice is served.

30 Anon March 17, 2014 at 11:31 PM