Man Struck on Head with Crowbar at the North Concord BART Station

March 17, 2014 10:00 am · 36 comments

A man was hit over the head with a crowbar by three suspects at the North Concord BART station on Saturday night around 10pm.

Several patrons were sitting outside next to their car in the reserve parking section upper lot when three male suspects approached them on foot. The suspects then began to strike one victim on the head with a crowbar, BART police said.

The suspects then fled on foot, and were not captured. BART Police did not provide a description of the individuals responsible for the crime.

The victim sustained non-life threatening injuries and was transported to the hospital.

1 Sounds like a drug deal March 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM

did not end successfully.

Gangs control drugs, more emphasis needs to go toward the gangs around here.

Support your local Police.

2 The Mamba March 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Struck in the head with a crowbar? Damn.

3 JET March 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM

How in the world do you NOT sustain serious injuries when struck on the head with a crowbar? Glad this person is okay, thats pretty frightening to hear.

4 nerf March 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM

was it a nerf crowbar?

5 Dorothy March 17, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Remind me not to sit outside my car with a group of people after dark at a BART station – or anywhere else for that matter.

6 ciaobello March 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Pathetic thugs with nothing better to do than hurt a fellow human being.

7 Idiocracy March 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Didn’t Bart just fork out a raise? Can’t they hire more guards for trouble spots? Solutions?

8 Your Reward March 17, 2014 at 11:28 AM

for voting democrat.
Thugs within the borders of the state of demafornia are assured their victims 90% of the time will not be armed and able to defend themselves.

9 Z-Man March 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM

How is this related to a raise at BART?

People loitering in a parking lot (despite them being, apparent “patrons”) is not a recipe for success in this area (unfortunately).

10 Ranchgirlca March 17, 2014 at 11:41 AM

Why is anyone hanging out in the BART parking garage at 10pm?!

11 old concord March 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hope they can get the violent criminals off our streets . Hate hearing about thugs , bullies or punks in Concord .

12 mutts March 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Why spend money on Bart to go to Oakland?

13 Dorothy March 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM

North Concord does not have a parking garage and the reserve section is an area near where the station agent booth is located.

14 @Ranchgirl March 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Where can we begin?
They just got off work and were spending some time chatting before getting into their cars
They were carpooling and awaiting the arrival of another person
They were headed to work and saw an old friend and stopped to talk

Why is the people attacked are the people at fault?

You won’t stop and chat with someone you hadn’t seen for a while if you were in the Safeway parking lot?

15 Incognito March 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Thick skull, perhaps?

16 What security March 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

hold on,,,, He must of done something to have three guys go after him and plunk on the head. Maybe he voted Republican

17 Wibly March 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM

No one is safe these days, hope the guy is ok.

18 Elwood March 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Some people have really hard heads.

19 Elwood March 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM

They were watching the submarine races.
They were leprechauns.
They were playing with the unicorns.
Their dope deal went bad.

Pick your favorite..

20 Elwood March 17, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Head ‘em off at the pass!

21 Shelley March 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Finally, all my pontificating about the club paid off. Somebody GETS IT!

22 NotGood March 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

What is wrong with people these days?

Hope the victim is ok.

23 north concord March 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM

just a couple of weeks ago, some guy was hit over the head with a guitar at north concord. BPD has never done enough to thwart loitering at this BART Station, particularly in the far lot, you where all the syringes and condoms are?

24 rapid rate March 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM

How funny guy gets beat over the head with a crowbar, yet somehow bart has no description of the suspects? ?!…
LoL Gee I wonder why? ? God damn political correctness is outa control in America!

25 Mr. Pink March 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

No robbery? Just a random club and run? Sounds strange. They probably knew each other. Or were having some sort of verbal altercation prior to the physical one.

26 Billy bob banjo March 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Probably a small b and e crowbar, like a cats paw. 12″ in length would be hard to inflict a leathal wound.

Who hangs out at the BART station? Aside from the homeless.

27 ConcordDad March 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Type idiot comment!!

28 ConcordDad March 17, 2014 at 5:22 PM

The station agent booth is inside the station. You can only see a small section of the parking lot from inside the station.

29 LOL March 17, 2014 at 5:25 PM

BART police got a directive from the head of the police department and the board of directors. They’ve been told to have a very low profile and not make any unnecessary interactions. This is to improve the Public Image of BART police. So now the thugs and people that don’t pay are running the system. Ask any BART employee how they feel about BART police!! I did and was shocked. I emailed my Board of Director to tell them to take BART back so the riders are safe again.

30 just a concordian March 17, 2014 at 6:21 PM

I was there! Well, a bit earlier, maybe 9-9:30. I had left my car in the upper parking since I had gotten a ride from a friend earlier. I walked my dog to Bart and picked up my car at the same time.
The small crowd mentioned was there. 4-5 black guys just talking. There was another group of 2 in another car, also outside the car, also talking. Nothing too loud or obnoxious. These two cars were in the middle of the upper lot. I passed by them, got in my car and left.

As I drove out I saw a Bart police car parked at the end of the lot where the stairs to the lower lot begin. Their hazard lights were on, but not blinking. Two officers sitting inside with their cabin light on as well.

I drove off thinking nothing of it.

31 just a concordian March 17, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Apologies. I checked my phone as I had sent a text as I was walking to Bart. I was there around 8:00 – 8:30. Can’t recall at which point during my walk I sent the text. But it takes about 20 min to walk from my house to the station.

This basically means these people were there for about 2 hours, outside in the parking lot, and no one questioned their presence there.

32 RanchgirlCA March 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM

No. at 10pm, I’m not stopping to chat with people in BART parking lots. I’ve read, regularly, on this site about the crime at our local BART stations. When we get home from any event, we walk straight to the car, get in and leave. I don’t chat people up in my Safeway lot late at night either.

33 slagheap March 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

@your reward ( #8 )
yeah, you’re right, there was never any crime ’till somebody voted democrat. you’re an imbecile.

34 bruce March 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Bart trains are fun!!

35 @slagheap #33 March 18, 2014 at 3:56 PM

Thank you! It never ceases to amaze me what the uninformed choose to blame the Democrats for. It’s an ignorant and baseless cheap shot, to put it nicely.

36 bruce March 20, 2014 at 1:06 PM

whats a democat?? are they pretty??