Hit & Run Vehicle -vs- Pedestrian Collision on Willow Pass in Concord – Possibly Fatal

March 17, 2014 1:31 am · 22 comments

cpd

Concord Police are investigating a hit & run vehicle -vs- pedestrian collision on Willow Pass Rd. near N. 6th St. in Concord, which possibly claimed the life of one person on Sunday night just before midnight.

Concord Police have not confirmed this was a fatal collision, but multiple Claycordians say the person did pass away at the scene of the crash.

Concord Police have not released a description of the vehicle that struck the woman. Police are currently going around the neighborhood knocking on doors to see if anybody heard or saw anything during the collision.

Willow Pass Rd. has been shut down from N. 5th St. to N. 6th St., and it will remain shut down until at least 6am on Monday morning.

We will update you with more details as soon as they’re available.

1 Linzer Torte March 17, 2014 at 2:07 AM

So, so sad. My friend watched this woman die, and she is absolutely beside herself. However, It is touching to hear about all of the good Samaritans who stopped to help, and who recited prayers over the dying victim. May she rest in peace and may her killer be swiftly brought to justice.

2 ryan s. March 17, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Willow pass still closed off near 6th cop tape everywhere. Big lights out looks like a fatal to me.

3 BagsFlyFree March 17, 2014 at 7:11 AM

So sad to keep hearing these poor pedestrians cant cross this street safely at night.. Thats almost two pedestrian fatalities within a week on a 5 block stretch of road! CPD and our city manager need to work together to fix this because the evidence is clear, the area needs better lighting and traffic control at night.

BFF Out!

4 me March 17, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I live a few blocks from the scene. Never heard a siren, but at eight past midnight I heard a single person wearing hard shoes running past my house. It seemed out of place so I made a note of the time.

5 Wildcat March 17, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Sounds like this woman was just walking down the sidewalk when she was hit and killed. Sad.

6 karma March 17, 2014 at 8:07 AM

WHO is the lady name anyone know age have a friend staying down of 5th

7 karma March 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM

know her name age anything ??? had a friend staying at a house down the street very concerned calling her phone no answer very worried

8 When the hit and run driver is found March 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I think stoning is the prefect reward for the coward.

There is no excuse.

9 Gurpreet Sangha March 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM

It was one of the homeless ladies. All the news channels came by my store this morning. They got footage of her walking in front of my store and then down willow pass. We’ve been trying to get a screen shot of the vehicle coming up willow pass past my store but we don’t know what vehicle we are looking for. No one seems to have a decent description of the vehicle.

10 None March 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Nobody knows her name or last name so if you so concerned go to her house and check!!!!!!

11 Jerk March 17, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Out of all the good Samaritans who stopped and helped – why didn’t one pursue the KILLING vehicle???
Come on people – THINK! Idiots continue to do foolish things because they have NO FEAR of punishment.

12 @Jerk March 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM

What makes you think the people that stopped saw the accident occur?

13 Don't Censor Me Bro March 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM

@ Jerk

Vehicles kill?

14 @ Gurpreet March 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Do you work at 7-11? Do you know if her name is Sonja?

15 Linzer Torte March 17, 2014 at 11:38 AM

It was a transient lady. @jerk, the first responders probably thought trying to save her life was just a bit more pressing of an issue. My friend said she was so stunned and the scene was so horrific that she can’t even remember what the car looked like.

16 Lety Cruz March 17, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I want to thank the person who spent the last few moments with my sister.
Your prayers mean a lot to our family.
Leticia Cruz

17 Linzer Torte March 17, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Leticia, I am so sorry for your loss.

18 Gurpreet Sangha March 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

No not 7-11. I own Fast & Easy. It was not Sonja.

19 Kittensis March 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM

when i was driving home last night it was heart breaking to reach the road block and see a body laying in the middle of the street with a sheet over it. thats not something i ever thought id see in my hometown. i really hope the person who did it comes forward or at least carries the guilt of what they have done.

20 Lorena Sanchez March 17, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Lety
I was one of the people that were with your sister in her last moments! I want to let you know that she was not alone, there were 4 of us there with her and we said a prayer for her… My prayers go out to you and your family! I am very sorry for your loss! I just wished I could’ve done more…

21 Linzer Torte March 18, 2014 at 1:38 AM

You’re amazing, Lorena! Glad that Yolanda had you in her last moments and that I have you as a friend!

22 samantha March 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I am so sorry for your familys loss Lety—I knew your sister these past 10 yrs—saw her off and on—I know she is with the Lord—-the last time I talked to her —couple of mOnths ago—-she had made a lot of progress SPIRITUALLY—–AND HER SELF CONFIDENCE SOARED—-YES!!!!! love you Yolanda XOXOXO