Crash on Buskirk in Pleasant Hill – Three Major Injuries Reported

March 14, 2014 13:12 pm · 16 comments

image

Three people suffered major injuries during a vehicle collision on Buskirk Ave. in Pleasant Hill on Friday.

The crash occurred just before 1pm.

The road will be blocked for a while while authorities investigate, so please use caution if you’re in the area.

Thanks to the anonymous Claycordian for the picture.

{ 16 comments }

1 Phres March 14, 2014 at 1:48 PM

That damn detour.

2 iluvfriedchicken March 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

What’s that in the back seat?

3 just a concordian March 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM

Mayor, any news on the crash on Clayton Rd this morning?

4 From what I heard March 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

from a fellow who says he was there (dubious at best), there was a red car heading south on Burnett at a high rate of speed that ran the red light and slammed into a silver car, pushing the silver into yet another car. The red car then spun south on Burnett, several dozen yards and ended up facing the wrong direction. The red car was not going 25 MPH, that’s for certain.

From what I saw, the first responders were doing a great job extracting the injured people from the damaged cars. The community owes a big thanks to the Firefighters and Medical Personnel who responded to this tragic accident.

I prayer goes to those injured with hope that they can fully recover.

5 Brian Griffin March 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM

It was before the detour. More like that damn speeder running the red light.

6 Nick March 14, 2014 at 3:24 PM

This intersection is the worst, I knew it would just be a matter of time until someone got hurt here. With people running the red light constantly to get out of the shopping center with the traffic jams their horrible exit setup they developed. I will almost never go into this shopping center despite the fact I used to live right across monument from it.

OWNERS OF THE CENTER SHOULD BE SUED FOR THE HORRIBLE LAYOUT THAT CAUSES CRASHES AND NOW INJURIES.

7 RACE_GAS March 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

@Nick

Actually its the City who should be sued for APPROVING that horrible parking lot layout in the first place.

8 landana March 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I like the lay out. It is kind of dangerous right now but I think it will be fine when the work is done.

9 Caitlin March 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Horrible accident. I didn’t witness the accident and I’m glad I didn’t. The couple in the red car weren’t in good shape. I kept the man’s head stable until paramedics showed up and his wife was in lots of pain. I’m guessing she ended up with a broken hip or pelvis. All the air bags were deployed and the damage to the front of the car was really bad. I’m amazed that I was able to keep calm and remember things learned in my first aid class.

To the person who was taking a video/pictures…..WHY? There were people injured……next time help or leave!

Special thanks goes to the off duty nurse who helped.

10 @ landana March 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Exactly what is it that you like about the layout? It is poorly designed! Who were the engineers that created this debacle of an entrance/exit plan anyway? This has not worked ever since the center opened and long before the current road construction/detour mess they have going on now. Too many Stop signs too close to the traffic signal, too many aisles that open to the main aisle out of the center, the signal at The Crossings (where the accident occurred) is poorly timed, poorly designed markings for parking thst require cars to make perfect 90 degree turns into slots with little to no room to even make such maneuvers…the list goes on!!!!

11 anonanonagain March 14, 2014 at 5:20 PM

If the comments stating that the car ran the red light, then it’s not the new construction of the road that caused this, but the nimrod that decided to he wanted to use his10 IQ points and blow through the light.
It’s almost redundant to say it, but slow down and don’t run red lights!!!!

12 Landana March 14, 2014 at 7:13 PM

I guess i’m the only one who finds no issues with it, I haven’t had any problems parking or driving around. Can anyone who hates it give me an example of one thats done right?

13 lizzie March 14, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I drive many miles every day. Most people are always in a rush and make bad decisions, many wreckless drivers out there who THINK they know how to drive and don’t care about other drivers. They are on the phone and not paying attention!

14 tesla March 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM

That intersection is dangerous; the design is the best for the area but the list of improvements that could be done is horrendous; and that is to be expected at a major intersection. Sometimes crap happens and there isn’t anything you can really do about it; but on the other hand there are preventable measures that would keep accidents from happening. Improvements are underway and will benefit the community in the long run. People, drive safe–no texting and driving.

15 Eyeswideopen March 15, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Anyone ever wonder why car insurance is so expensive? Besides insurance companies ripping off consumers, policy holders have to foot the bill for the careless buffoons like the one that caused this accident.

16 vcim March 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Any news on the injured?