Vigilant Claycordian Helps Catch Burglar in N. Concord, Gives Thanks to Claycord.com

March 13, 2014 17:27 pm · 57 comments

A Claycordian helped catch a burglar in N. Concord earlier this week, and afterwards, he sent a nice note thanking Claycord.com.

Here’s the note from the anonymous Claycordian:

I’m writing this to thank you for your recent posts on the burglaries happening in Concord. My wife and I have been more vigilant and it paid off. We live in the Holbrook Heights neighborhood in N. Concord and I witnessed a neighbor’s house on Fitzpatrick Dr. get broken into which led to an arrest of the suspect after he fled to Baldwin Park.

Around 11am on Tuesday, the suspect knocked on their front door and after no answer he got into their backyard and managed to get inside their house. The suspect was alone and after being inside the house for a few minutes, fled on foot. I called Concord PD right away and they were on it.

Folks should keep their doors and windows locked when away, even if it’s just a short time.

Thanks for keeping us informed and feel free to post this information but I wish to remain anonymous.

Thank you so much for the nice message. Great job looking out for your neighborhood and not being afraid to call 9-1-1. Also, thanks for reading!

Claycordians, just in case you didn’t know, we have links to all police reports in Claycord (except Pleasant Hill, because we haven’t been able to obtain them). To view those links, please look on the right hand sidebar of Claycord.com and search for “LOCAL POLICE LOGS”.

1 Michelle March 13, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Well done, Claycordian, we nee more like you. :-)

2 Good Job Neighbor March 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Lucky to have a great neighbor like you, good job buddy.

3 Shelley March 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I give credit to the Mayor as well. He’s on it like white on rice. But he shouldn’t have to warn ADULTS TO WAKE UP!!!

Anyone could be victimized anytime, anywhere.

But with good judgment, you’ll lessen your chances. People don’t get it because they don’t want to get it.

Do I worry about vehicle or residential burglaries? Never have, never will.

It could happen, but I’m victimless at my age for a reason.

4 Ida dr. Resident March 13, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Good job! I’m home most of the time, being ret.,
and am always keeping an eye out.
If we don’t, they win.

5 Outside Line March 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Mr. Mayor, dialing 9-9-1-1 is only necesary if you need an outside line on a phone system :)

6 CLAYCORD.com March 13, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Haha, thanks, Outside Line ;)

Mayor

7 NRA #1 fan and member March 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM

If the neighbor shot the suspect………he’d be a hero and I’ll throw a party for the hero and pick up the tab!!!!

Drinks on Me

8 Matt March 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM

“My wife and I have been more vigilant and it paid off.”

Welcome to reality. Better late than never.

Good job helping your neighbor.

Remember……most burglaries are preventable.

9 @Shelley March 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Or Rick, or whatever personality you are right now. I have a newsflash for you. The overwhelming majority of people have never had their car stolen, their car broken into, or been victims of any other significant crime. Don’t feel like you’re something special because you put a club on your Yugo. And don’t think you’re immune because you “get it” (what a joke).

BTW, if my neighbors witnessed somebody burglarizing my house, they would probably offer to load the truck. I suspect yours are equally fond of you.

10 Atticus Thraxx March 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Good job neighbor!

11 Atticus Thraxx March 13, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Shelley I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s because nobody can stand your company. But hey….self defense is as much art as science.

12 Way to March 13, 2014 at 7:47 PM

make it about your selves, I’m losing hope
Post by post , from the ” regulars” here.
If they were not so pitiful, they would border
on humorous .

13 Pegasus March 13, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Hey monica, what’s up with all the hate. Why are you so mean-spirited?

14 Dr. Worm March 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM

@13, You are a repellent individual with every reason to fear dying alone, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be nice.

15 Cowellian March 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Well alrighty then, the Gang with only one Brain is in full attack mode again tonight.

16 funny man March 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM

WHOOOOA.. back it up..i have to start locking my windows and doors now??

17 anon March 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

they’re back. who are these people?
i wonder if they got to see k-9 in action.

18 Puddintain March 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Patronizing troll.

19 Puddintain March 13, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hey troll, the regulars and a multitude of not so regulars are humorous, entertaining, much more intellegent, and a lot less nasty than yourself. Would you mind taking a hike?

20 Amy March 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Thank goodness for great neighbors who care to get involved!

21 Bubba March 13, 2014 at 9:17 PM

The perp will be out of jail within a week!
Sleep well………

22 Cat Wrangler March 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Awesome effort, Claycordian! Claycord is an important part of our neighborhood watch.

23 Mimi (original) March 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

@shelly – wth is wrong with u?? I may not be close friends with my 4 or 5 immediate neighbors but if I saw something I’d certainly call the police. Youust be s douche to engender such negative reaction among ur neighbors.

24 Mimi (original) March 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

You must be. Sometimes I hate auto correct (or auto ignore!!)

25 Michelle March 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Correction to post 1, that should be “need” not “nee”.

26 PHPD logs March 13, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Keep the pressure on pleasant hill to release their logs Mayor! It would be helpful for citizens to know what is happening in their neighborhoods and what particular things they should be looking out for

27 Cowellian March 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM

“Misery loves company” must be the new talking point for this person. It’s come from two different names on two different threads.

28 Shelly March 13, 2014 at 9:55 PM

@Mimi (origional) #26; Please don’t confuse the troll manifestation calling itself “Shelley” among other things with my handle.

29 Don't feed the trolls! March 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM

The best way to make the cranky, nasty, spewing people here go away is to ignore them, hard as that may be. They want the attention, even if it’s negative. They get their jollies from getting people riled up. They remind me of kids on the playground, the “same to you and more of it” kind of juvenile crap. Not only does it become a waste of your time, it ruins the thread and the thinking, intelligent people who enjoy mature discussions and exchanging info stop coming back. Let’s make the trolls stop coming back.

30 Shelley' March 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

31 Shelley' March 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Shelly, you are an empty headed TROLL with no original thoughts of your own. Your own mother told you that in a room full of people. You tried to steal my name–but get over it. YOU CANNOT BE ME!

32 Concord Man March 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM

What did the suspect look like??

33 I'm The Urban Spaceman March 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM

If YOU CANNOT BE ME! and I cannot be you, where does that leave us?
After all, I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Saaaay, do you know the eggman?

34 Soleils Mommy March 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM

I live in the same area and I just had a young kid, maybe 15-16 knock on my front door at 8:30pm asking if we wanted to buy some magazines or make a donation towards his college fund. Kid was not a concord resident and it was looking real sketchy. My husband, a military man, lit his ass up for kocking on our door so late and explained that there had been robberies in the area and said HE might get shot for knocking on doors so late! Hopefully he got the point and crossed our house off his hit list.

35 Suzanne March 13, 2014 at 11:41 PM

@Concord Man
The suspect is in custody, you can go to the pd and ask them.

36 Puddintain March 13, 2014 at 11:41 PM

#33, Excellent advise.

37 Michelle March 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I’ve had someone knocking on my door, a young kid begging for money as usual. My husband got up and answered the door and said he would beat the crap out of that child if he ever came around. Poor child, scared the crap out of him. lol

38 anon March 14, 2014 at 5:46 AM

I think it was a child that did the burglary.

39 JRConcord March 14, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Jeez looks like I left my toolbox open. Some of my tools escaped and are now posting on Claycord.com oh noooooo…..

40 Puddintain March 14, 2014 at 6:55 AM

Woops! Make that advice.

41 Angelface March 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM

I wonder what Pleasant Hill’s trying to hide?

42 Local Guy March 14, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I live on Fitzpatrick. Great job! Thanks for being vigilant!
If it had happened at our end of the street this story would have had an ambulance in it. Thanks again from your neighbors!

43 Anon-2-U March 14, 2014 at 10:45 AM

A long time ago, in a lifetime away, my home was robbed 6 times in 5 years. We locked our doors and windows, and even had a dog. The last burglary the neighbor behind us was on the phone with PD when the perp picked up a 2×4 to beat my dog with it. Cops kicked open my front doors, which I(we) realized afterwards were hollow.

Current residence has two barky dogs, alarm, AND nosy neighbors (YAY!)

44 FrogVoice March 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM

They will stop at nothing to get what they want of yours – I’m so sick and tired of it – leave us hard-working people alone and get your lazy A**es to work . . . You have it; they want it and they’ll get it.

45 Michelle March 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Clair, he was only scaring him because he kept coming around. He wouldn’t hurt a fly; well maybe a pesky fly.

46 Suzanne March 14, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Hi Michelle,
Yes, I had that too, a few times always the same child begging to be let in. I remember my days in high school, I never had to beg–I was always asked what was I offering. Many times it was just cookie dough, but they wanted it. Times change these days, I see kids begging and begging and begging until someone feels sorry for them. I remember one child was an as, ready to stab you in the back at a moments notice. I just shook my head and shooed the child away. That child would consistently come to my door until I was very, very rude and threatening. Even now I can still see it looking at me–what should I do to it. But my time is later. :-)

47 Cowellian March 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Michelle, what your husband did was illegal.

48 Michelle March 14, 2014 at 12:24 PM

@Cowellian–not under the First Amendment, Freedom of Speech–he wants the child to go away. He did not harm the child.

Sheila–not under the First Amendment, Freedom of Speech–he wants the child to go away.

49 Cowellian March 14, 2014 at 1:18 PM

That is making a terroristic threat and is not protected by the 1st Amendment.

50 Jess March 14, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Good Lord, Michelle. It is against the law to threaten to beat the crap out of someone standing right in front of you. The First Amendment does not give absolute protection to all speech. For example, perjury is not protected under the First Amendment. Extortion is not protected under the First Amendent. Threatening to beat the crap out of kid standing in front of you is not protected by the First Amendment.

51 Michelle March 14, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Jess and Cowellian, absolutely correct in those sets of circumstances. But that was not the case.

52 HolbrookGuy March 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I grew up on Holbrook Dr. not far from Fitzpatrick and our house was burglarized about 20 years ago. We invested in an alarm system a couple of days later and have not had any trouble since.

53 Bishop Estates March 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Thats great! We all need to do this in our neighborhoods. If something doesn’t look or feel right don’t be afraid to have it checked out.

54 Concord Man March 14, 2014 at 8:14 PM

@40 @Suzanne Ya, I guess I could go down to CPD and ask what the suspect looked like. THAT is a stupid suggestion though, so instead I will just leave my post for the person who posted this in the 1st place (NOT YOU) thanks for the input, or should I say, RUDE COMMENT!!! BTW, seriously, anyone know what the suspect looked like??

55 @michelle&shiela March 14, 2014 at 8:47 PM

You two should never wonder why you get
you got your tires slashed!

56 Holbrook Heights Mom March 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I live on Fitzpatrick as well and THANK YOU for being so vigilent! We have a lot of neighbors who are home during the day which makes me feel a lot better. My husband is also home a lot and is very aware of who is on our street, so great for us! I encourage Holbrook Heights neighbors to attend our neighborhood watch meetings. It is very helpful!

57 Michelle March 17, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Only a low life like you would consider slashing tires.