Wires Down at Willow Pass Rd. & Franquette Ave. After Alleged DUI Crash

March 10, 2014 23:45 pm · 20 comments

An alleged drunk driver crashed into a power pole and knocked down wires at Willow Pass Rd. & Franquette Ave. in Concord on Monday night.

The crash occurred at about 11:40, and both people in the vehicle immediately ran away from the scene, but were quickly detained by police behind the Sizzler restaurant on Willow Pass Rd.

No injuries were reported.

The roads in the area are blocked, so please use caution if you plan to travel near Willow Pass & Franquette Ave.

UPDATE: PG&E says about 4,000 people are now without power.

{ 20 comments }

1 anon March 11, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Just got Home from work, and the second i go to make myself something to eat i hear a loud boom and my power goes out,and,suddenly back on, then out again and back on, now its out and not seeming to be coming back on this sucks thanks alot inconsiderate DRUNK, who drinks on Monday nights anyway? Go get help if you do drink at start of the week

2 Maricela Martinez March 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Does anyone know if it affected the power. I’m near Clayton and willow pass and we have no power.

3 Luz March 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Is this why the electricity is out?

4 Super Dave March 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM

my power is out. thank you drunk driver.I also hear helicopters.

5 theninja March 11, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Even though I am a ninja, I still need to see :( I wonder when pg&e is gonna fix this.

6 Arty McFly March 11, 2014 at 12:30 AM

Power outage affecting 4,000+ people in Concord as of 11:40PM, coinciding with the time of the crash. Myself included.

7 Melissa March 11, 2014 at 12:40 AM

We heard a loud noise then no power, cane back on, off then on again for a while. Then off again and has been off for about 40mins now. We were bathing our son! Lol

8 theninja March 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Is it back for anyone else? Pg&e estimated fixing it by 2:45 am. I guess we got lucky

9 juan March 11, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Its back on at Detroit Camara cir

10 Tiffany32 March 11, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Power is back on

11 @anon #1 March 11, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Just because you work M-F, that doesn’t mean everybody does.

12 @#11 March 11, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Haven’t you heard? The world revolves around anon #1

13 Anonymous March 11, 2014 at 7:42 AM

I’d love to see booking photos of the driver .

14 elbie March 11, 2014 at 7:50 AM

@anon#!- “Just because you work M-F, that doesn’t mean everybody does}
While that comment may be true-there is NO EXCUSE for getting behind the wheel INTOXICATED on ANY DAY or ANY HOUR of the week..period.

15 @elbie March 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Of course not. I thought that went without saying. But anon was attaching way too much significance to the fact that this occurred on a Monday.

16 funny man March 11, 2014 at 10:46 AM

OFF with their hands! lets see em try and drink and drive then!
big babys, the lights went out, i grabbed a candle, washed up and went to bed.
im surprised more arent on here crying bloody murder since they couldnt get on the net

17 Jerk March 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM

#11, STFU.
Since 4,000+ people were affected how about 1% of those pay a visit to the Fool with a nice Blanket party. I can GUARANTEE, it will have more of an affect than anything the “judicial” system will do.
Selfish F&%king bastard gets behind the wheel – What BS!!!

18 @Jerk March 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

It’s so refreshing to see somebody’s name actually fit their personality. Thanks for your honesty.

19 arjan March 11, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Wish it wasnt my van they totalled! But seriously they didnt mean to take out your power. And they didnt flee anything but downed power lines with a broken ankle.

20 Elwood March 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM

So it’s OK to drive drunk as a skunk if you do it on the correct night?