UPDATE: Vehicle Goes Down Embankment During Crash on WB Hwy. 4 in Concord

March 7, 2014 19:06 pm · 17 comments

A vehicle went down an embankment after a crash on westbound highway-4 in Concord just before 7pm on Friday.

The vehicle, according to witnesses, was forced off the roadway after another vehicle tried to change lanes.

The victim’s vehicle ended up near the golf course off Port Chicago Highway. The driver was injured, although it is not known if the driver’s injuries are life-threatening.

UPDATE, 7:17pm: There were also children in the vehicle, according to witnesses. As of now, all of the injuries are considered non-life-threatening.

There were a total of five people injured.

{ 17 comments }

1 Jerk March 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Nobody has a horn or brakes? Either speed up or slow down, but Don’t turn your wheel and go off the road.

2 Concord Mom March 7, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Thank goodness! I drove passed after the fire trucks were there and figured that’s what happened. So glad to hear they’re alive.

3 Pro Fi March 7, 2014 at 8:47 PM

How about not being a jerk and sharing the road.

4 Khloe March 7, 2014 at 9:07 PM

People drive like idiots around here. I’m glad their injuries are non life threatening. I got honked at on Clayton road this evening for not turning on a green light while there were pedestrians in the cross walk.

5 Momo March 7, 2014 at 9:37 PM

@1
Really?

6 Nom de Plume March 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Still remember when a driver zoomed around me on the right when I stopped for a blind person crossing Washington Street behind the Clayton Valley Shopping Center. Very scary as not much I could do but honk to get the jerk driver’s attention and stop the pedestrian without scaring them. It was a very near miss and totally unnecessary. Another similar incident when I stopped on a Clayton Road crosswalk and another car went pasr, nearly hitting the pedestrian. Happened all too frequently.

People must drive more carefully. Hope those people are okay.

7 JenGruber March 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Drive past this, firemen were out in force. Using pully’s to bring someone up. We saw the kids by the side if the road, one was rubbing his neck. Breaks your heart to see kids scared by side of road.

8 concord March 7, 2014 at 10:19 PM

actually, i’m seeing this happen quite often. earlier this week, a vehicle was trying to enter the freeway on 242, was driving a little slowly and a pack of 10 cars ran it right off the freeway into the emergency lane, wherein the vehicle had to stop or risk being rear-ended. the vehicle had to wait in the emergency lane stopped while every single othe rcar got on the freeway. all these metered lights are ridiculous too because the cars never enter the freeway at good time to merge with all the people that are already there. wonder what moron thought about doing those metering lights at all the on ramps on 4.

9 Pro Fi March 7, 2014 at 10:44 PM

@Concord – I totally agree. I used to get on at Solano in the morning in my older vehicle and was constantly being cut off by morons trying to get ahead of me to exit at Concord Blvd. all in rush hour traffic. The metering lights do SQUAT to alleviate this. Now I go out around the airfield and get on 680. STOOPID People.

Glad to hear everyone will be ok. And I agree…poor kids.

10 Phoenyx March 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM

I saw that mess from the other side of the freeway… which was clogged by idiot rubberneckers.

Glad the injuries were not life threatening. I’m up and down Hwy 4 and I-680 every day. People are nuts! Especially on that stretch of road. I get on at a Willow Pass and it seems some people are hell-bent to not let people merge on.

Is it just me or is the I-680/Hwy 4 interchange akin do driving on a figure 8 race track?

11 silva March 8, 2014 at 6:46 AM

There are SO many drivers. There’s sure to be a large number of Jerks. Be careful, everyone! They’re out there. I sure hope everone’s going to be okay.

12 Jerk March 8, 2014 at 6:53 AM

@Momo,
Enough with “everyone that has something bad to them must be an innocent victim”.
If you don’t know how to put the pedal to the metal, go to Bondourant and learn to drive. You have no right being behind the wheel putting all of those passengers and other drivers at risk.
98% of vehicles can be up to speed when it comes time to Merge onto the freeway. If you are too skiddish behind the wheel, Stay off of the Freeway.
WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT THIS HAPPENING DAILY.

13 jb March 8, 2014 at 7:45 AM

I drive the freeways everyday and am tired of speeders and people that love
to tailgate you so you move over to get out of their way….when did it get to
be all about them…and not caring about others…no wonder there are so many accidents…wish we had more police to catch these speeders and recklessness of people that love to drive so fast being in a big hurry to what
save a minute of two…to get to a job…not worth it…as one day it maybe them in the ditch..

14 Glad to be out of Concord March 9, 2014 at 11:07 AM

@Jerk,
We know you’re on a d-bag crusade. I hope you or your family member ends up in a ditch from speeding up and scaring other drivers on the road. Btw, that was my cousin. So shove off. Karma is a dog.

15 Cowellian March 9, 2014 at 11:50 AM

People who believe in karma probably shouldn’t wish for other people to crash.

16 Cowellian March 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM