UPDATE: 4,500 Without Power in Parts of Concord, Walnut Creek, Martinez

March 5, 2014 · 14 comments

outage

About 4,000 people are without power in Concord & Walnut Creek.

The cause of the outage is still under investigation, but PG&E says the power should be back on to all homes & businesses by 2:15 on Thursday morning.

Also, Martinez has about 500 homes & businesses without power. They are expected to have their power restored by 1am.

Is your power out right now?

UPDATE, 8am: All power has been restored.

1 jamie March 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Huge lightning bolt right above me, then ecery house light went out. (martinez)

2 Hairdiva14 March 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM

I live at Crystyl Ranch & ALL Crystyl Ranch is w/ NO power! :/

3 Hairdiva14 March 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM

The electricity came on then went off :/

4 madasHamlet March 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Lightning struck on Vine between Merle and Leslie; Vine is still dark. We saw the explosion from our front window, which led me to believe a transformer was hit and blew; will go over to investigate in a bit.

5 A moni mouse March 5, 2014 at 11:41 PM

We are near the entrance to Mt. Diablo (north) and we are without power.

6 VikingPrincess March 5, 2014 at 11:46 PM

All great in Valhalla…

7 I'm The Urban Spaceman March 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM

I live a block as the crow cries(LOUDLY) from the fire station on Walnut Ave…we went out twice….the second time I was looking out the window at Mt. Diablo and there were two really bright flashes, but no thunder….then the lights went out the second time.

8 Anon March 6, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Ygnacio Valley road from Cowel to 680 South all signal lights working

9 Quick question.... If your power is "OUT" how are you going to get on the Internet? March 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Good job PGE way to go that is using your head.

That is like calling someone with “NO” phone number…

Hey lets raise rates again….

10 JLG March 6, 2014 at 7:32 AM

@#9
Some people have smart phones. Which can get online.

11 mtzman March 6, 2014 at 7:47 AM

@Quick question #9, I used my smart phone to get on the internet when the power was out. Also set my alarm so I could get up in the morning but the power went back on at 2:45 in Martinez …

12 Anon March 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

@9
Most of us now adays have smart phones that are internet capable. The phone itself runs on battery power, as such can be used when not plugged in or even when the power is out. These smart phones are pretty popular, your average citizen will be able to jump on the internet without power.

13 Cowellian March 6, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Phones, iPads, etc. can connect to the internet with a wireless signal.

I have a desktop computer, but it’s on a UPS. The Modem and Router are in another room on another UPS. I can stay connected as long as the batteries hold up.

14 Love USA March 6, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Power never went off and I live on Montego/La Casa Via in Walnut Creek!! PGE has been updating our power lines and underground stuff so we are good.