The Mount Diablo Unified School District and the Mt. Diablo Education Association teachers’ union have reached an agreement on a three year contract.
The following information is from the Mt. Diablo Education Association:
We have reached agreement on a three year contract. This contract returns medical coverage for our members as well as providing on-going salary increases equal to 9.3% over the term of the agreement. In the words of President Guy Moore, “This contract sets the cornerstone for a new foundation for the district and was only possible with the support, hard work and courage of the School Board, Superintendent Nellie Meyer, and the many members, parents, and community members who worked tirelessly to build support for this change.”
Beginning in January 2015, the district will pay $12,781 per year toward medical coverage for two or more people. Members who select coverage for one person will receive support equal to $6,390. Beginning in January of 2016, the district will pay $16,615 per year toward medical coverage for families. Members who choose not to take Medical through the district will receive an in-lieu payment of $100 per month. These Benefit caps are equal to the caps for other bargaining units.
The contract includes the following salary increases:
- 3% retroactive to July 1, 2013
- 2% effective February, 2015
- 4% effective February, 2016
- After February of 2016, the salary schedule will be 9.3% higher than the current schedule.
- Two Professional Development Days will be added to the school year beginning with the 2014-2015 school year.
- The contract includes additional changes to the transfer article, BTSA, and the Catastrophic Leave Bank. These changes were detailed in earlier announcements.
Your bargaining team and MDEA Leadership are thrilled with this contract and hope you will join us in voting YES!
photo credit: www.OurMDEA.org