UPDATE: Fallen Power Pole Blocks Marsh Creek Rd. Near Mobile Home Park

March 4, 2014 7:59 am · 11 comments

Marsh Creek Road in Contra Costa County is closed this morning after at least one car crashed into a power pole, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Officers responded to the collision on in the 16700 block of Marsh Creek Road near Deer Valley Road around 5:12 a.m., the CHP said.

Cable and telephone lines are down in the area, according to the CHP.

The pole is blocking Marsh Creek Road in both directions and there is no estimated time of when the road will reopen, the CHP said.

UPDATE, 1pm: The road is now open.

1 Slow Down! March 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I live out here and get sick of the road being closed constantly because people cutting through from Brentwood and Discovery Bay drive recklessly on a daily basis. It’s not a racetrack. It’s 35mph and 45mph, not 70mph.

2 LocalGirl March 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM

@ Slow Down – I feel for you! We live in Clayton and so many of the people who take that road to get to East County fly through town too … wish we could remedy that!

3 Cowellian March 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Navigation by Braille.

It rarely works out well.

4 Concord March 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Any ETA on opening..?

5 Anon March 4, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Also would like to know eta?

6 Mike March 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

And to think I just posted Sunday to slow down. Marsh Creek rd is not a freeway. And yes I live at the trailer park and have to drive to Oakland every morning at 4:30. I pull over and let the people driving like they need to find a bathroom fast before they soil themselves go around me. I see near misses everyday.

7 Phil March 4, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Mike, you couldn’t have said it better. Patience people, we’ll all get to where we need to, what will 2 minutes really do?

8 RunDogRun March 4, 2014 at 7:09 PM

This is the closest thing we have to a “49 Mile
Scenic Route” and I will never understand
why anyone wouldn’t want to slow down
and thoroughly enjoy the stunning beauty
of the mountain, hills, pastures, gorgeous
trees and vineyards, not to mention the
cattle, horses and all the other animals
one sees en route, a view you can’t get
anywhere else. It really doesn’t serve
well as a commute route between Brentwood
and the 24 or 680 freeways. I know because
when they get thru Clayton, they cut over
and fly down Pine Hollow to avoid the lights
at Clayton Rd and Ygnacio. Maybe a telephone
pole across the road is a blessing in disguise.

9 Larry March 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I am tired of getting the middle finger every time I have to slow down to pull into my drive way.Slow Down Assholes!

10 Steve March 5, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Believe it or not the person that was driving was going 35mph…just when he took one of the sharper turns out there, his tires slide on the wet service and slide off the road into the telephone poll.

11 Donna March 5, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I take that road everyday, instead of being in a rush get up 30 minutes early and take your time and enjoy the scenery!