Concord: Joan & LaVista Neighborhood on Alert After Man Seen Casing Homes

March 4, 2014 11:45 am · 13 comments

Neighbors in the area of Joan Ave. & La Vista, watch out for this guy.

We live near La Vista and Joan Ave. on a private drive. A Caucasian male in his 20′s with a grey sweatshirt and jeans, dark hair carrying a baseball hat rode all the way up and around looking around our property. My husband ran out after him yelling and he took off. My husband followed him while on the phone with CPD and watched him ride up and down Joan towards Rosal. He also went up Jeff Court which is where my husband saw him last. At that point he had taken off his sweatshirt and was wearing a black T-shirt.

Neighbors, please be on the lookout for this guy! He was up to no good!

A guy with a similar description has also been spotted possibly dealing drugs around the same location, so please call police if you see anything suspicious.

{ 13 comments }

1 Cal March 4, 2014 at 12:34 PM

What day and time was this? I saw a guy on a bike yesterday at around 4:30 on Joan in a black T-shirt that may be the same guy. This guy had a backpack on.

2 CLAYCORD.com March 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yes, sorry. This note came in yesterday evening, so it’s probably the same guy.

3 chalkboy8 March 4, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Too bad we can’t get pictures of these neer’do wells.

4 Warren Haynes March 4, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Tweakers will exact revenge upon people who they think are cutting into their operation. A WM 20-40′s on a bicycle seem to be the general description. Maybe the PD should shake them up, even though I periodically ride a bike for exercise and fit that profile, I have nothing to hide and would not be offended if I was stopped as long as I was treated with dignity by the officers. I have seen some cops out of uniform on the bike trail, no probs.

5 Neighbor March 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM

You can see them any day hanging out in Markham Nature Park…. They come every afternoon for their drug deals. The pot smoking does not bother me as much as the dealing, fights, speeding cars and pit bulls off leash!

6 iluvfriedchicken March 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM

We live just up the street. About a week ago our neighbor caught a man going through our garbage at about 3 am.

7 Kitty March 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Oh get him out of the Garbage-how disgusting!

8 anonanonagain March 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM

I live not far from Markham Park. I am sick of the drug dealing and the lowlifes that hang out at that park. I used to take regular walks through there. No more. Are the police aware of the trouble in that park?? I wish they would do something about it. At least cruise through there on a regular basis.
That would scare them off…..

9 THAT GUY March 4, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Lots of drug dealing at Cowell Park as well. They park at Reed and Hale and walk into the park. Very disappointing, the PD has their hands full dealing with the other problems . The bad thing is they would not be buying, selling, or hanging out in these places if they did not live somewhere close by. Most of them are local kids selling to their friends and stealing from their neighbors, back in the old days you could yell at them and tell them to get lost. Nowadays you got to worry about confrontations that result in violence.

10 Kitty March 4, 2014 at 4:53 PM

anon, where will you get you weed? You know outdoor growing is banned in Concord now.

11 Clayton Resident March 4, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Approx. 6:15 p.m. DANA HILLS – “UTILITY COMPANY” came knocking on our door – first rang the bell, then a very faint tap. My son answered the door and sent him on his way….ironically, the car that is usually ALWAYS in our driveway is not here this week – and immediately – we get a visitor! Maybe nothing, but I don’t think it was the UTILITY COMPANY…..just sharing.

12 nytemuvr March 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM

@Clayton Resident #11
I’ve had a couple of those up here in North Sac in the last couple of years. Casing the place I’m sure.

13 No Name March 5, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I saw this guy yesterday also riding up and down Coventry Road too!