UPDATE: Concord Ave. Closed Near Market St. Due to Gas Leak

March 4, 2014 18:00 pm · 11 comments

Concord Ave. is closed near Market St.

PG&E is repairing a gas leak on Concord Ave. near Market St. inbound toward downtown.

Please use caution when driving in the area this evening.

UPDATE, 7:15pm: PG&E crews are repairing a gas leak in Concord this evening, an agency spokeswoman said.

A four-inch gas main break was reported in the area of Concord Avenue and Bonifacio Street shortly before 5:15 p.m. No customers were impacted and no evacuations were ordered, PG&E spokeswoman Tamar Sarkissian said.

As of 6:30 p.m., crews remained on the scene fixing the broken main. It wasn’t immediately known was caused the leak, according to Sarkissian.

1 Jim Shoes March 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I drove by there around 3 pm while they were working on it and you could definitely smell the gas leak.

2 Killjoy March 4, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Is this where they were digging this afternoon, had two lanes blocked off and huge holes in the street?
So if there was a gas leak, they caused it.

3 Jennifer D March 4, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I drove by there around 12:30pm and 2:30pm. Both times, my car filled with the smell of gas. I think the leak was discovered slightly earlier than 5:30pm…

4 itsme March 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM

It seems to me that they were working there yesterday.

5 Ron Sauce March 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM

And now….. power is out in all of downtown Concord. Coincidence?

I effing hate PG$E. Damn monopoly overcharges for lousy service.

6 Josie B. March 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I smelled gas when I walked by there last night at about 8:00 pm.

7 Reality Slap March 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Drove by at 1:45pm and the smell of gas was overwhelming.

8 Michelle March 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Bills and more bills, I did get that I just hope there aren’t any added costs to my pg&e bill.

9 jtkatec March 5, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Any fire hydrants in the area which have been acting suspiciously?

10 Steve March 5, 2014 at 11:53 AM

You only pay for what you use people! Get over it or move ,I don’t hear you complaining about stuff when you can flick the switch or you have hot water!

11 All for it March 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Btw, folks, PG&E doesn’t set the prices, the CPUC does. So if you don’t like it move or vote.