UPDATE: Marsh Creek Rd. Now Open After Victim of Crash Life-Flighted from Scene

February 28, 2014 8:57 am · 27 comments

crash_1

rash2

crash3

marsh

Marsh Creek Rd. near Morgan Territory is now open in both directions after an earlier major injury collision involving two vehicles.

At least one victim was life-flighted from the scene of the crash, which occurred just before 7am.

The victim was not alert and vomiting blood, according to the CHP.

The condition of the victim is unknown at this time.

Thanks to Julie for the top two photos and Ann for the two on the bottom!

1 my goodness February 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

hope they are okay. I couldn’t find any info on this before the updated part showed up.

2 Angry February 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Someone wasn’t paying attention to the road and/or not driving according to the conditions on that road. And now innocent people’s lives are changed forever. WTF?
PAY 100% ATTENTION WHEN YOU’RE BEHIND THE WHEEL SO YOU DON’T KILL OR PERMANENTLY INJURE OTHERS. IT’S THAT SIMPLE!!!!!

3 Happy Friday! February 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Praying for a speedy recovery…….

4 Jim Shoes February 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

That intersection is so scary. All the commuters hauling butt down Marsh Creek win no regard for the speed limit.

5 Julie February 28, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I’ve been searching all morning to see what happened to the person I drove by right after I didn’t stop because others were stopped calling it in. The scene was very upsetting I’m praying for the person injured.

6 WC Resident February 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM

#3 I totally feel as strong as you do. The older I get the more patience I seem not to have with folks who drive so fast in the rain.

7 JET February 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Thoughts and prayers to the injured person….it doesn’t sound good 🙁
It was terrible out there this morning, I could hardly see the road with all the rain this morning and the roads were so full of water, I drove super slow today.

8 Terrible February 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM

I hope this person will be ok and recover fully. Too many accidents on the road this a.m. Too many nuts weaving in and out of traffic on YV Rd. too.

Be safe out there. Pay attention and don’t tailgate.

9 @ Angry #3 February 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Unfortunately the State Appellate court has now given people a false sense of security in looking at maps WHILE driving! If you have to look at a map, pull over!!! Just because the map is on your phone it’s ok? Ummm, you would pull out a paper map and look at it WHILE driving, so why would it be on any other way? Hopefully the police write these tickets as Distracted Driving Offenses instead of hands free citations so these idiots can’t fight them in court on a technicality!

10 area resident February 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I hope they make a full recovery, but I agree with #4. People drive way too fast through here and are constantly cutting the corners in the wrong lane, into oncoming traffic. The posted speed limit is 35mph and 45mph on this road, not the 55mph and 65mph people are usually driving. Its double yellow line, you are not on a racetrack- maintain your lane.

11 @ Angry #3 February 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Make that “you wouldn’t look at a paper map and look at it WHILE driving…”

12 I lived on Morgan Territory Road for several years. February 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM

A left turn onto Marsh Creek was always scary. Vehicles from the right couln’t see us, and were usually driving waaaay too fast. On more than one occasion I had some A-Hole just about rear-end me, and then lay on his horn as if I did something wrong.

13 MarshCrick February 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Prayers to all involved.

People always speed on Marsh Creek. There have been some horrendous accidents on that road. It is a beautiful drive, I wish people would slow down. I have been nearly hit a couple of times. Once I was turning left into Roadies and someone who was tailgating and talking to his passenger nearly rear-ended me. The wreckless driving of some make this a very treacherous road. Please slow down, don’t tailgate and pay attention.

14 Daily marsh creek commuter February 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

So just a little clarification; the accident was not at the intersection it was past it. If you are going west, it was past the intersection on the incline. I saw the scene this morning and it was horrible. Hopefully people will slow down period on Marsh Creek(regardless of rain or not) so that everyone can stay safe.

15 Friend of Family February 28, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I’m a friend of the family, he’s pretty bad and he’s just a kid 19-20 yrs old. He’s not in good shape and we are praying for all involved that they recover fully. Drive safely, everyone wants to make it home alive for their loved ones.

16 safari February 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Julie #6 Like you, I did not stop, as others had already. I did stop at Rodies to call CHP in case people on scene didn’t have service-that area doesn’t have good reception. ER was not there yet, they went by near Peacock Creek. With Station 11 closed the response time was not optional.

To anyone that drives Marsh Creek Road, please note the East Contra Costa County Fire Dept. has jurisdiction-that means Sunshine Station or Brentwood responds.

Slow down please! Several lives changed dramatically today, all in the blink of an eye, due to unsafe speed/poor conditions!

17 Marsh Creek to Stockton Daily February 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Had to turn around today and go up thru Antioch. I’ve seen too many major accidents. People have got to keep it slow and pay close attention while driving. My prayers to those injured today.

18 Julie #6 @safari & @Friend of Family February 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for the information Safari. I passed the scene about 5 minutes after it happend. I honestly broke down after what I saw and didn’t know what to do. I wanted to call 911 but didn’t want to tie up the lines. Stopping at Roddie’s was a smart thing to do. I don’t cry easily, but when I saw the passenger I knew it was bad. I have been talking about it non stop at work today, but I was really disturbed and concerned with what I saw. @Freind of the Family thank you for the update. I’ve been looking online all day for updates b/c I was certain what I saw could not result in a good outcome. I’m so sorry to him and his family. I am praying for him for a speedy recover. God Bless him.

19 concerned February 28, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Does anyone know where they were taken? I’m pretty sure he’s my family and were all in the dark and I’ve called hospitals and cant find out where he is. I’m worried.

20 Anon2you February 28, 2014 at 3:20 PM

That is messed up, thoughts and prayers to the families…I drive that road every weekend, and I am always very mindful of the road and other drivers. Just slow down people, a car is not a time machine, and you are not a race driver. Get where you are going safely and if you are a little bit late, well at least you are alive and healthy.

21 Hospital worker February 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM

@concerned.
The hospital will probably have him under a ” trauma” name and dont give out info….. try calling the police, or CHP and give them his details, they will put you in contact the hospital he was taken to. Good luck.

22 Jess February 28, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Concerned, he was taken to the Kaiser Permanente hospital in Vacaville according to the latest article posted by the Mayor.

23 Good heart February 28, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Prayers to young man for a full recovery and to the family to get through this very trying time!

24 MAD February 28, 2014 at 7:01 PM

He should have gone straight to John Muir, regardless of insurance!!!!!!1

25 Please February 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

To Mad!! Please take a deep breath and know you can trust the people who make the decisions and risk their own lives to help those in need. If you knew anything about flying and safety, John Muir was in the thick of clouds. They probably decided Kaiser was the next best. Do a little research before you try to throw anybody into the rotors.

26 Jess February 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM

MAD, insurance has nothing to do with it. It might have been because of the weather, as the previous poster suggested. It might have been because John Muir staff was busy with other cases such as the woman who got hit by the bus earlier in the morning. Kaiser Vacaville is a level 2 trauma center, just like John Muir. He will get good care there.

27 Kathleen February 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Professionals know where to take the patients……