Concord: First Mayor’s Coffee Break set for March 27th

February 28, 2014 8:00 am · 10 comments

City of Concord

Concord Mayor Tim Grayson will host his first Mayor’s Coffee Break for local businesses on Thursday, March 27 from 8 to 9 a.m. The purpose of the coffee break, which will be repeated on a quarterly basis, is to strengthen relationships with Concord companies, improve communication and inspire collaboration on ideas and solutions to enhance the city’s economic vitality.

“We hope to gain greater insight and understanding from the perspective of key business decision makers,” said Grayson. In addition to the Mayor, the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, City Attorney, Chief of Police and other key City staff members will be in attendance, providing business owners with the opportunity to meet and discuss ideas, issues and needs.

The event is by reservation only. Businesses interested in participating in the program should contact Wilma Van Hook, Community and Economic Development Administrative Secretary, 925-671-3432 or wilma.vanhook@cityofconcord.org.

1 Cowellian February 28, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Will the Mayor of Claycord be in attendance?

2 @ # 1 February 28, 2014 at 8:46 AM

“Concord Mayor Tim Grayson will host his” so I suspect he’ll be there.

I am going to see if they’ll let me in. This should be interesting.

3 anonmtz February 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM

When I read the article headline I thought for a second that the good Mayor of Claycord was hosting a gathering….which would be fascinating.

4 Say's he'll be there February 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM

“In addition to the Mayor, the City Manager, Assistant City Manager, City Attorney, Chief of Police and other key City staff members will be in attendance”

5 RANDOM TASK February 28, 2014 at 9:46 AM

ahhh I see the city councils mayorEGOROUND is only interested In making life great for the business owners. Well first off get the bums away from my doors as well as the ATM machines. BofA on willowpass as well as Wellsfargo ATMS are constantly being accosted by bums who do not take kindly to ” no “. The banks do the best they can I have seen several times the manager running out the door to confront ….yet is that their job really…..maybe instead of securing a warm seat and life time benefits this mayor should address the problems that really exist ……bums ..section 8 taking over downtown ……police force so thin criminals know where to hit and what times ……..not to mention the streets are horrible cracked and pot holes as well as way to many traffic accidents at the same intersections……simple things you would think with the mayor having at his disposal the entire city ……..oh wait the mayor-ego-round is a puppet job …the council demands the power and wields it like a 4 year old who just figured out how to push your buttons. Wield away city council snobs … your jobs are secure as none of the cities tax payers are. But that is of none of your concern. The empty business fronts are outnumbering even the number of bums and yet lets take a break for coffee. Payed for by whom ????

6 Happy Friday! February 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM

#2, Cowellian was asking about the Mayor of Claycord, not Tim Grayson. Of course Tim Grayson will be there.

Anonmtz, if you’re curious who the Mayor of Claycord is, look for the guy with dark hair sitting next to Cowellian. Cowellian will be on his ipad, searching Ancestry.com.

I hope this event is successful……

7 Howard February 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Define local businesses as those in downtown area only. Is that where most of the tax base is ? maybe try this at different areas in City.

8 russ February 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM

“Reservations” = aka. “for a small fee (?)”

Where is this shin dig taking place? Did I miss that in the story?
I vote chicks donuts….

9 Cowellian February 28, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Cowellian does not have an iPad. Touch screens hate me. I do more reading than writing on my Android.

10 old concord February 28, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Nothing good to come from that group Unless your part of that group . We the people will get the great leaders news of things to come as we need to know . They will share their agenda for the city and we should be quiet .