Vehicle Rollover on Alhambra Ave. On-Ramp to Eastbound Highway-4 in Martinez

February 26, 2014 17:17 pm · 15 comments

A vehicle is on its roof on the Alhambra Ave. on-ramp to eastbound highway-4 in Martinez.

The person in the vehicle was uninjured, but there are several emergency vehicles in the area, so please use caution.

{ 15 comments }

1 Vicky February 26, 2014 at 5:21 PM

I wish people would learn to slow down in the rain.

I’m glad no one was injured……..

2 Betty Sanchez February 26, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Just call skinnie pants dir. of PW with the city, he will give you the reason why this happened. He is the women I mean man.

3 Michelle February 26, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Wow, a lot of roll-overs lately. Is it the same type as the others, maybe there’s a manufacture’s defect.

4 RANDOM TASK February 26, 2014 at 5:31 PM

worst onramp in the area 3 lanes merging on short up hill run ..and that’s before you get to even negotiate the freeway …..it does have own lane when you reach top of hill ….. but most are ignorant of the( own lane) and stop and or go slow due to ignorance and bring about accidents. seen several when people stop at start or won lane then act like they are going and slam on brakes causing pile ups ………yet the jerk who casued it never gets the blame for being a ignorant driver.

5 Jerk February 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM

^ #4 – Truth!

6 Huh? February 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Random Task actually drives? Maybe he’s having flashback from the 60′s or 70′s.

7 Ted K., SuperMax February 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Were any squirrels hurt? What about fire hydrants?

Whew!

8 Anti-claycord-complainers February 26, 2014 at 7:54 PM

This on ramp has always been more slippery than the normal on-ramp. If you didn’t know this and were going a little too fast you could be in trouble like this person. So if any of you haters have never gone over the speed limit on an on-ramp then you deserve a dog treat, but I know none of you are perfect so find something else to do besides complain.

9 You Annoy Me February 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Anti-Claycord—–STFU!!!

10 Were you the Driver? February 26, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Anti, #8

It’s raining Einstein! You slow down, PERIOD! You don’t have to be familiar with an on ramp to know how to SLOW DOWN!

11 Anti-claycord-complainers February 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM

#9 Anti-claycord COMPLAINERS, not anti-claycord
#10 No I was not the driver, but I did see it happen! Obviously you slow down in the rain, but they are called accidents for a reason. I bet my last dollar you aren’t Mr. Perfect

12 Tami February 26, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Last week there was a cross off the side of the ramp on a tree, now there are flowers against the tree, does anyone know what happened? It’s been there a few weeks….

“The late merge — also known as the zipper merge — has proved to be the safest and most-efficient way of merging highway traffic into one lane, experts say.”

13 Mtz Mom February 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM

On Super Bowl Sunday a very nice Martinez woman lost her life on the onramp. She was on her way to church. Seems lots of cars slide on that on ramp. Maybe they should check it out the train tracks probably shoot brake oil that falls onto the onramp.

14 Dave February 27, 2014 at 9:03 PM

@Mtz Mom—13

I’m sorry to here she lost her life on the way to church.

I’ve taken that onramp daily for over 20 years. I’m cautious on all onramps, but never considered it dangerous or slippery.

Thanks for the heads up.

15 Jerk February 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM

“Brake oil”? I think trains use Air for their brakes. I can’t see the Alhambra trestle being the issue – Other than it needs to be re-painted.
If your car has traction issues, check your tires, let out some air or Go and find an empty parking lot and learn how your car handles.