AERIAL PHOTO: Minor Injury Collision at the Entrance to Park-N-Shop in Concord

February 24, 2014 · 13 comments

parknshop

At least one person received minor injuries during a collision at the entrance to Park-N-Shop on Willow Pass Rd. (near Grocery Outlet) in Concord just before 9:30am on Monday.

A Toyota Highlander received major side damage during the crash, and is in the process of being towed.

The collision is under investigation.

Thanks to the anonymous Claycordian for the bird’s eye view of the scene of the crash on Willow Pass Rd.

1 Anon February 24, 2014 at 10:22 AM

What is the make and model of the other black car? I wonder if it was a vehicle we saw earlier yelling at another vehicle while speeding off. This was around 9am on Willow pass crossing Market street.

2 Kirkwood February 24, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I’ll bet that photo was taken from a quad or hexacopter piloted by someone in the Pet Smart parking lot – or maybe the roof of the liquor store.

3 ConcordMike February 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM

looks like a honda civic

4 Monday, Monday February 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

There’s been a “slight change” in that intersection through the years……..

5 ME TOO!! February 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I was in a minor accident this morning on Clayton Road and San Carlos, the person tried to gun through the intersection (left hand turn lane) while I was leaving the curb…. and we both had Toyota’s……That little lizard is going to be busy with both of us this morning. no injuries thank God.

6 Monday, Monday February 24, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Me Too!!, I’m glad to read you’re okay.

7 Jerk February 24, 2014 at 12:53 PM

#5 – I hope you had your turn signal on while Leaving the Curb. Nothing worse than a vehicle that appears to be parked shooting out into traffic with NO SIGNALS.

8 LowKeyG February 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM

@Kirkwood actually it was taken on the 7th floor of Sutter Square

9 Wow February 24, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Really, three squad cars for an accident? Can barely get one cop out for property vandalism.

10 Son of Tinfoiler February 24, 2014 at 8:40 PM

The Claycord aerial photography is about to get a lot better in the next couple years when we start seeing commercial drones everywhere. Don’t worry about getting yours, though. They’ll license the air just like they do the airwaves and only the rich and the connected will be be granted permits. But at least you won’t have to waste so much time updating your status, Google and Facebook drones will have already done it.

11 Craig Cannon February 24, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Be Cautious With The Drones Till The FAA Grants Commercial Use Law. I Shoot News, Have Drones, but if I Use My Photos or Video for Commercial Use, Our Government Buddies Can Charge Me a $10, 000 Fine and prison Time. It Already Happened to a Guy Droning Real Estate Down South. Anything, Where $ is Traded and Drone Photography Is Involved-Watch Out! Wanna Have Fun? Buy a Quad Copter/Drone. Fly it in a Pretty Place like The Coast or Mountains. It’s Fun, and The Photos are Spectacular. Personal Drone Photography is a Great Hobby, and Totally Legal! Just Don’t Attach it To Commercial Use. Just Yet! I’m Loving it. Great Hobby! (Just Advice, this Pic, could be out a Window, Rooftop, I Know).

12 Nancy February 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Craig, what the hell are you talking about?

13 Connie Dobbs February 25, 2014 at 6:50 AM

The extra squad cars left a little early. When the tow truck arrived it had to block that entrance to PnS. Two left-turning cars promptly blocked westbound Willow Pass Rd.