The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 13 Burglaries in the Past 7 Days

February 22, 2014 · 11 comments

burglary

This week, Concord had 13 burglaries. The week before, Concord had 11, and before that, Concord had 23 burglaries.

The last two numbers in each address have been deleted to respect the privacy of the victim(s).

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above might not include burglaries that are still under investigation.

1 Wendy February 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

You know what would be helpful? A map, with pins on these streets…
Just a thought.

2 @ Wendy February 22, 2014 at 4:27 PM
3 NIcky February 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Wendy, if you’re new in town, maybe. But most people on Claycord know the area like the back of their hand. Caring about and knowing the community I would think is the reason you’re here.

4 @ Nicky February 22, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Some of us have lived here for a long, long time, and used to know where all the streets are, but age has a way of blurring things. We know we SHOULD know where a street is, but can’t quite place it. A visual map might be of more help.
Just a thought from an “older” one………….

5 NIcole February 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM

@ Nicky—4

Google the street yourself, or buy a map! Don’t be so lazy……

6 @ Nicole February 22, 2014 at 6:52 PM

My goodness…what a snarky, hurtful comment! Hope you never grow old and forgetful!!!! Your lack of empathy is amazing!!

7 Z-Man February 22, 2014 at 11:53 PM

@Nicky, I am with Nicole. I don’t think she is being hurtful. I can attest, I look at the block range. it give me an indicator of if it is in my neck of the woods.

The link that someone posted from CPD’s website states they have plans to offer a map based solution, but the Mayor’s screenshot is his/her effort of going in person to CPD, to have them run this report. Doesn’t sound too lazy to me, and I am grateful for it. ‘Nuff said.

8 OK you all win February 23, 2014 at 1:07 AM

every article goes negative, so tired of it, leaving now.

9 cf February 23, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Question for the Mayor. When you receive or get this report from CPD Records, does it contain the actual street address and you blank out the last two digits? Or is that information already removed?
Just curious.

I’ve seen a Pin Map on a competing Concord Blog in the past and am wondering how they generated it. When I hovered over a pin, it displayed the entire (4-digit) street address.

10 CLAYCORD.com February 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Concord Police release the entire address, but we block out the last two digits of the street number to give the victim(s) some privacy.

11 Just a KId February 23, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I like reading this to see if bad stuff happens in my neighborhood. We live off Thornwood, and it’s nice and safe. I don’t know all the streets because I don’t drive. I’m in the 5th grade. If I say something dumb, please don’t be mean to me because I’m just a kid. I do google streets because I’m not lazy. I’m nosy too….LOL!