Tree Falls on BART Tracks Near Concord Station – Helicopters Overhead

February 14, 2014 18:10 pm · 15 comments

tree

A tree fell on the BART tracks in between the Concord & Pleasant Hill BART Station tonight.

No injuries were reported.

News helicopters are currently overhead trying to get pictures.

Thanks to AJ for the picture!

{ 15 comments }

1 Trailer Chick February 14, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Thanks, Mayor…I knew this would be the place to check!

Three copters have been circling directly over our place off San Miguel across from the Concord BART yard. Thought maybe they were looking for someone.

Thanks for the info.
TC

2 Blink February 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for update

3 CLAYCORD.com February 14, 2014 at 6:22 PM

You’re welcome TC & Blink, Thanks for reading!

4 Thanks Mayor February 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM

So, what location exactly did the tree fall?

5 Mason February 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM

I was on that train. We got stuck for about 30 minutes. The tree limb was huge that the train hit. I’m not sure how the driver didn’t see it. We then went into manual mode into concord. The train went out of service at concord. The train was turned off and the lack of air on a pretty full car was not how I imagined spending part of my Friday night.

6 furian February 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM

If a tree falls on a BART track and no one is around to hear it…

7 furian February 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Never mind, just saw someone already made the joke in the ‘whatever’ thread.

My bad.

8 Matt The Brat February 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM

@5… the tree fell to the ground on Planet Earth…. third rock from the sun.

9 Craig Cannon February 14, 2014 at 7:23 PM

What is that, besides a Tree? On a Mobile Device it is Hard to See. Shot Out a BART Window? It’s Hard to Make Out on This Mobile Device. You Like the News, Need a Chopper to See the Remanents. Thanks For a The Photo, No Insult to The Contributor, but Where and What? If you don’t mind?

10 Faux Antoinette Bryant February 14, 2014 at 7:42 PM

This is why’s we needs to have maintenanz peepo working the day per da contract nigotationz. Besides the trains look all messed up anyway, nobody gone notice.

11 anon February 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Why are there trees so close to the Bart tracks in the first place?

12 NO ONE KNEW!!! February 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I called Concord PD, BART PD, KCBS, Concord PD again later, NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON!! I trusted CLAYCORD to get my info!! Thank you! I thought maybe something happened on the freeway and it was a CHP situation, but not gonna call them because there is no direct NON- emergency number to call. ( unless you know of one). I counted 4 copters!!

13 biggus thinkus February 15, 2014 at 12:04 AM

next to the rampant Hydrant-icide, now we’ve got trees jumping in front of trains. i think they need help.

14 tom February 15, 2014 at 4:01 PM

So, what location exactly did the tree fall?

15 so sick of BART February 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM

it is really easy to see that those trees need maintenance; more bad BART management. if it isn’t their responsibility, they should contact PGandE or whomever is responsible for keeping the trees trimmed back. this is true all the way through Pleasant Hill Station because trees are close to the tracks. It is just delay after delay any more. It is deplorable that East County is getting e-BART; yuck!