The Water Cooler – George Zimmerman’s Fight Club

February 11, 2014 12:03 pm · 58 comments

The “Water Cooler” is a feature on Claycord.com where we ask you a question or provide a topic, and you talk about it!

The “Water Cooler” will be up Monday-Friday at noon!

Today’s question:

George Zimmerman, the man who was acquitted of murdering Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, is scheduled to fight an unknown opponent during a celebrity fight club match, which the promoter promises to a “very bloody event”, according to TMZ.com.

Do you think it’s wrong of George Zimmerman to try and profit off the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, or do you think it’s ok since he was acquitted and still has to make money?

Talk about it….

{ 58 comments }

1 The Closer February 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM

A UFC match would be better. I’d pay to watch him get pummeled.

2 Ruby Tuesday February 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It’s par for the course. Is anybody really surprised?

But I do agree that he needs to make money. Nobody in their right mind will hire him.

3 anonononon February 11, 2014 at 12:14 PM

It’s wrong that he got away with murder and has been involved in several domestic violence incidents. It’s wrong that he can make money off of his bad image. It’s wrong that someone would consider putting him on TV like this.

4 In my view February 11, 2014 at 12:17 PM

I wish he would just go away and not be
heard of again.

5 Anon777 February 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM

I still don’t think he committed “murder” but I’d love to see his dumb ass get beat and no he shouldn’t be profiting off Trayvon, although he will never be known for anything but Trayvon.

6 dilligafman February 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM

HE was aquited of murder. He should however be frisked bfore he enters the ring!!!

7 Incognito February 11, 2014 at 12:30 PM

It’s all wrong, but he’ll get his “just deserts”… look at OJ. Be patient and wait.

8 Steve in Concord February 11, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I think its a losing proposition for him. If he wins the fight people will hate him more and want to beat him down themselves, if he loses people will be happy he lost and want to see him get beat down again. Not sure what he has to gain from this other than some temporary cash but its at the expense of what ever he has left of his image. I think this is a horrible idea – he should focus on separating his image from violence. He should go away quietly and get out of the spotlight.

9 chucko February 11, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Anyone who watches is demented. Pathetic

10 Mac February 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Dude is not a celebrity in anyway shape or form.

11 Lily February 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Will have to show ID.

12 JET February 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Why not, didn’t Tonya Harding do the same thing? I’d have paid to see Tonya in the ring with that Nancy Kerrigan chick

13 BCuzItzClaycord February 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Isn’tthis idiots 15 minutes of fame over??????????? He needs to just go away.

14 JLG February 11, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Hey wait a second. This guy had a loaded gun and had been training as a fighter when he killed Trayvon Martin. That does not sound like a victim to me.

15 Rick February 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Only in America. I’m ashamed.

16 typical concord resident February 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Um, this fight isn’t actually happening.

17 anonmtz February 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM

The “event” was cancelled several days ago.

18 The Grant February 11, 2014 at 1:49 PM

This is a product of our societal construct….

19 The Professor February 11, 2014 at 1:52 PM

My money is on Zimmerman. He’ll Moidah Da Bum.

20 RIII February 11, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Yes, it’s a shame that Trayvon Martin was killed in Florida by George Zimmerman in 2012. However, also in 2012, there were 532 people murdered in the city of Chicago and that does not even make the evening news. New York City had 419 murders in 2012. In Detroit in 2012 there were 379 murders. Baltimore had another 219 in 2012 and again, this is not even worthy of being in the news but all George Zimmerman has to do is blink and he is in the news. This must be a “No News Period!”

21 CLAYCORD.com February 11, 2014 at 1:57 PM

The event was canceled, but now another promoter stepped up and took it over. It’s back on.

22 RunnerDope February 11, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hmmm, part of his defense at trial was that Zimmerman was incapable of throwing a punch. But now he’s in a televised fight?

23 Incognito February 11, 2014 at 2:16 PM

I say if there’s to be a fight, let’s have him fight Rhonda Rousey. Would love to see this woman submit the crap out of him.

24 James Dean February 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM

If it comes down between Zimmerman and another, I choose Zimmerman…Let him take down whatever dirty comes to challenge him. Everyone is mad at him for “murdering the “Hood”…Please…I didn’t hear them convict him of murder! I myself wont be watching…i’ll see the highlights in the news i’m sure.

25 Anonymous February 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I guess you could call it murder if you shoot someone who jumps you, gets on top of you and is banging your head on the concrete. Those are undisputed facts. Also undisputed is dead guy was black, looked like Obamas son (according to Obama ) if he had a son.

Having said that, I hope whoever fights him has him checked for hidden guns first.

26 Ricardoh February 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM

I don’t care what he does but as usual the press cares or they wouldn’t report it. Would I watch it if it was readily available? Pretty much watch any fight.

27 Annon February 11, 2014 at 2:29 PM

The problem is…society is confusing famous with INfamous. This dude isn’t famous he’s infamous and that’s what he is trying to profit off

28 anon February 11, 2014 at 2:33 PM

It isn’t going to happen. It’s all for the site traffic and resulting ad revenue.

29 Incognito February 11, 2014 at 2:43 PM

@Annon #27
So true.
And, seriously, who is to fault him from earning a buck or two? It’s not like this doesn’t happen all the time.

30 RanchgirlCA February 11, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Go ahead. I hope he gets the crap beat out of him.

31 Mr. Pink February 11, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I thought that event was cancelled?

32 Mr. Pink February 11, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Oh, never mind. Read first, post second.

33 John February 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Let him fight Trayvon’s dad, I would pay to watch that beating. Other than that match up, I would not be interested. Please someone, make this guy go away.

34 @Anonymous February 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM

It’s also undisputed fact that Zimm was following the boy, the dispatcher told him to stop following him and wait for the police, and Zimm continued following him.

35 Obamanation February 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM

“George Zimmerman profit from the death of Trayvon Martin? ”

Hardly.

Zimmerman’s life has already been ruined after his encounter with that thug-wannabe Trayvon Martin.

36 uhhduhh February 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Of course this piece of trash is taking advantage of his “celebrity” status-granted from being acquitted for killing an innocent person. What is the world coming to? Anyone who pays a dollar to watch this “fight” is pathetic.

37 Ted K., Supermax February 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Concur with 35.

Using the misguided and clearly biased relationship referenced in the opening of this forum, it would be the same as disparaging Monica Lewinsky for profiting after she played Bill Clinton’s skin flute.

38 Jess February 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

The fight has been cancelled again. The second promotor pulled out after the Treyvon Martin Foundation said it would not accept any money from the fight, which is what promotor was going to do with part of the profits.

39 Noflow February 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Bad idea.

But, then he is a democrat….

40 mwo1859 February 11, 2014 at 5:21 PM

George did not come up with this idea on his own. SBK from the Monsters in the Morning 104.1 here in orlando first challenged George to a fight. The fight was to raise money for a charity. SBK never got a reply back.
George is a loser.
I live in orlando so I have to hear about George, his wife, his girlfriend and Casey anthony almost every day

41 ChampagneKitty February 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM

George Zimmerman and his behavior is an embarrassment to the human race.

42 Obamanation February 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM

@ChampagneKitty- Trayvon and his race baiting defenders are the real embarrassment. Zimmerman was just trying to defend his neighborhood . A bit misguided, but not criminal.

43 SilverwoodWasFunInThe80's February 11, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Trayvon.was.a.thug.

DEAL WITH IT!

44 warbirds45 February 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Let’s get ready to RUUUUUUUMBLE, in this corner The Zimmerman, and in the opposing corner Trayvon’s Dad, that would be worth the pay per view price!

45 Subterfuge February 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM

Relegated to octomom status.

46 Get Real February 11, 2014 at 6:58 PM

I’d pay to see the Mayor and Atticus. My money is “on the one I’ve met.” He knows why I want him to “take him on.”……..

47 @35 February 11, 2014 at 7:28 PM

you are completely WRONG. GZ actually is a free man, able to go wherever he pleases in our country. sure, he may not have the best job prospects. but he is living proof of how if you are lucky enough get a murder trial in Florida, the retards over there will set you free. and he can always write a book to tell “his side” and stupid a-holes will buy it. so he has ways to make more money. his life is hardly ruined. but trayvon is still dead.

I just hope the dummies in florida will not let that a-hole redneck Michael Dunn free from his crime.

48 @43 February 11, 2014 at 7:29 PM

and.you.are.a.moron.

DEAL WITH IT!!!!

49 Dan February 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Quotes like #43 are what Richard Sherman was talking about when he said that “thug” is the new N-word

50 Rick February 11, 2014 at 8:28 PM

I’d pay a million bucks to see the Zim-ster whoop on one of them “right-wing wackos”!

51 tredogandi February 11, 2014 at 9:22 PM

@Dan
You sir are correct.

52 California Nightmare February 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM

@Dan

The dictionary offers the following synonyms for “Thug” :

bully, gangbanger, gangster, goon, hood, hooligan, mobster, mug, punk, roughneck, rowdy, ruffian, hoodlum, tough,

No, Thug is not a racial term. It applies to anyone of any race who behaved the way Trayvon Martin did.

53 Dr. Jellyfinger® February 11, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Where’s Danny Bonaduce? How is he not a part of this?

54 tgunn February 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

He can do whatever he pleases.The man was not guilty. The hoodlum wanabe gangster was prowling the wrong neighborhood that night.

55 Realist February 12, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Z is innocent of murder. He is free to do as he pleases. I won’t watch, but I can’t say I want him to be hurt too bad.

As far as the trial, Trayvon followed Z to his car and accosted him on the way there. Trayvon could have just left the scene, but noooooo, he had to act thuggish and prove he was a “man” by getting in Z’s face for Z checking on what he was doing (looking in peoples windows – i.e “target glancing”). He earned his fate.

56 Rick February 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM

It just amazes me to see how many of Contra Costa “finest” (?) personally knew Trayvon Martin.

57 lori February 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

George Zimmerman is an ass. He is still a nasty man who does nothing but carry a gun and threaten young people

58 biggus thinkus February 12, 2014 at 10:54 PM

@Rick, post 15
yeah. i know what you mean