RETAIL FAIL! K-Mart Sells Bud Light Hats (with bottle openers) in the Kids Clothing Section

February 11, 2014 12:45 pm · 37 comments

picture2

Yes, this really happened.

Hi Claycord! I was in K-Mart on Clayton Rd. the other day buying some clothes for my son when I saw about 6 or 7 Bud Light hats for sale in the kids clothing section. Thought you might like a picture. I don’t know if these items were mistakenly placed there or what, but these definitely do not belong in the kids clothing section. There were two rows of the hats so it’s not like somebody jokingly moved them from another section of the store. Do they really sell Bud Light hats for kids?

Those hats do look small, but they must have been placed in the wrong area by an employee who didn’t realize their mistake. They must be adult hats, right?

K-Mart wouldn’t answer any questions, we called ‘em and they said they would “look into it”, then hung up without saying another word.

If you’re in K-Mart, do us a favor and move the hats to the adult section of the store. Thanks!

{ 37 comments }

1 Dorothy February 11, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Well, they are Bud Light caps and kids are light (usually).

Still and all, whoever put them in the kids section maybe should re-think the location.

2 Just saying February 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM

nice job Krack-Mart!

3 Horse n around February 11, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Well even if it is in the kids section, I would sure hope that the kids parents wouldn’t buy it for him.

4 Incognito February 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Well, the rest of the hats (to the left of the Bud hats) look like hats my grandfather would have worn. They don’t look like kids hats to me. The entire display is a mess, including the entire outfit displayed on the manikin.

5 Cowellian February 11, 2014 at 1:15 PM

No! I said BLUE light!

6 8066 February 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Things could be worse. On the priority list this is at 10,423. Keep your diapers on. Choose your battles. What if a kid saw a Bud Light hat in the beer section ? Stop the presses. What are presses ? What if a kid saw a Bud Light in the Milk Dud section ?

7 Ruby Tuesday February 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM

I don’t shop at K-Mart, and I’m not raising kids, so I don’t have a “horse in the race.”

I agree, the hats are in the wrong department, and they should be placed somewhere else.

But through the years, I’ve learned not to sweat the small stuff. This is definitely the small stuff. People should have more important things in their lives to worry about than where “hats are placed.”

This isn’t Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Saks.

8 Rollo Tomasi February 11, 2014 at 1:36 PM

You know, there was a time in the not too distant past that someone would come across something like this, chuckle to themselves, and move on. Those were the days.

9 anon February 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM

oh big deal walk through the parking lot and look what you will find .

10 The Grant February 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM

…and the Puritans come out in force…

11 The Professor February 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM

What’s the big deal? Just because a kid wears a Bud Light hat doesn’t mean he drinks it. It’s a freakin’ logo. If you really want to complain about inappropriate logos then look no farther than the teenage girls with “Juicy” splashed across their a**es.

@ Cowellian
Good one! I laughed out loud at that.

12 russ February 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM

This is the craziest thing I’be ever heard. Everyone knows bud light is a twist off…..

13 Lily February 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Well said !!!

14 Ignore the Trolls February 11, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Ignore the normal Claycord Trolls. They only speak up to stir the pot and those who acknowledge them encourage them.

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS! Mayor you have record of IP addresses to see if it’s the same Pot stirrers.. Maybe stop posting them and moderate..

Nothing wrong here, boy and men’s sections meet last I saw in Kmart. Because it’s near boys stuff too much is made. If I had a young kid (all grown) they would probably not even get it a passing glance as it looks like old fart hats.

15 Crap-mart February 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I agree with post #5…there is a certain type of person that shops at Kmart, and it isnt usually the most well groomed of people. kmart nowadays caters to the homeless demographic living across the street…and they usually take comfort in loitering around these poor excuses for department stores. the service is crap, the stores usually have urine deposits everywhere, and the item prices are low for a reason – because it is all…..crap!!!!

It doesnt suprise me one bit that this toilet bowl store sells bud light hats to children. and i dont believe they did this by accident…this is the kmart’s marketing department (usually run by part-time brothel queens) way of attempting to be “creative”. stay away from this place. period.

But i am sure i have offended a good portion of you who still listen to duran duran, wear torn leg warmers and feel the need to buy your kids the latest cabbage patch dolls for next christmas. get with the 21st century, people.

16 anonymous February 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Kmart and 99 cents store go hand in hand. Cheap and cheaper.

17 Lost and Happy February 11, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Glad I only had to read a few posts to see the puritan reference ( no sarcasam font on)!! Love how you can see much worse everyday in the community and on the internet, tv etc. Sure guns and violence get the green light in spite of the “save our children” mentality, but this shopping center has gone to far (sarcasm)!!!

18 anonymous February 11, 2014 at 3:39 PM

If you have ever been in the store, you know they don’t know how to display anything. No training. The place is a fire trap, most of the walking areas are cluttered or blocked.

19 iluvfriedchicken February 11, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I’d be more worried about those fedoras than that budweiser cap. I have that budweiser cap BTW. The weight of its bottle opener causes it to slip.

20 missime February 11, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Icognito #4. Those hats your grandfather would have worn are very popular with kids right now – both boys and girls. I have a teenager. She and her friends all have hats like that.

21 Anon February 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM

I bought two of those (out of state) a few years back…one bud light; one miller lite.

22 anonymous here February 11, 2014 at 4:08 PM

My 13 year old wanted to wear a miller ballcap. I said no that it was not apporpriate. I don’t really care what others do, but in our house a teen is not wearing anything beer, drug , smoking or gun related. They can do what they want when they are 18. I think it was probably just a mistake at Kmart. Not too big of a deal.

23 RANDOM TASK February 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM

really you make it too easy …….here we go again ….now the puritans will be lobbying for hats to be age appropriate and after tax payers pay for 10 studies and years of legislature you will have to be 21 to wear anything the dems feel is inappropriate in demifornia. People we are being held hostage by a monarchy consisting of 1 agenda to take full control of said lemmings and all they own as well as their pocket books. This is why tv evangelist came to power …throw out some big terrible stories to roust the rabbits and force more gov control over the scared and undereducated. See wonder why the dems have abandoned schools to the wayside. The uneducated can not distinguish between their own thoughts and manipulation. Harsh …..not as harsh as it is about to be when the bullet train becomes a 4 letter word ……….

24 furian February 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM

So what is the acceptable social order for big box stores?

Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart?
K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart?
Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart?
K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Target?
Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart?
Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target?

Inquiring minds want to know.

25 mutts February 11, 2014 at 5:09 PM

They’re getting worse than this in the government schools. Any alert parent could alert the manager.

26 Brenda February 11, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Newsworthy, why?

27 Ceiba February 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM

If Bud Light is good enough for me, it’s good enough for my kids! lol j/k

28 Craig Cannon February 11, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Silly Goose. Anybody Knows Bud And Their Alcohol Products are Twist Off Caps. About The Only Opener Required Beverages are Specialy Soda’s. Someone Cares, That’s Good. It Probably Won’t Tarnish a Kids Mind, The Hat That Is. You Can’t Drink a Hat. Maybe A Kid Might Buy One For Dad on Fathers Day. Fishing Hat Ya Know. Drinking, and it’s By Products are All Around. We and Our Children Can Avoid It By Education, and Awareness of its ill Effects. Only Another Opinion from a Former Beer Drinker!

29 Cowellian February 11, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Brenda, it gives us something to talk about.

30 J. February 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM

According to one of the few Super Bowl ads I watched Budweiser now has screw-on caps.

31 Antler February 11, 2014 at 8:11 PM

Well, gosh darn and other terrible profanity……I see nothing at ALL in that picture which tells us we are really in a children’s department. Do you suppose any Claycord contributors might have sent Mayor a phony “news story”???

32 ms.v February 12, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Crapmart #15

Can we say SNOB. Thats all I get from your post. Your attitude negates any point you may have been trying to make.

33 Whocares February 12, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Who cares. It is K-Fart afterall.

34 Wow February 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Really? Must’ve been a slow news day. It would be convenient if you’re kid had the hat on and you needed a bottle opener.

35 Momlife925 February 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM

Why was my post deleted? All I said was this is the lamest post I’ve ever seen. Poor excuse for news! And most likely a staged picture! From some loser wanting attention.

36 h February 13, 2014 at 6:33 AM

took care of it yesterday… they WERE STILL THERE, asked a manager to remove them, she wasn’t very nice and as she removed them made the comment that it must have just been one of their employees just dropping it there… no apologies or thanks, I suggested to her that she contact Claycord to right their wrongs, I figured shed care that they are getting bad publicity, but I don’t think she did… sad.

37 Cowellian February 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Even if this wasn’t newsworthy, it sure seems to be comment-worthy.