Concord Teen Reported Missing Returns Home Safely

February 6, 2014 16:27 pm · 12 comments

A 17-year-old Concord girl who was reported missing last month is safe and has returned home, police said today.

Sierra Davis ran away from her Concord home on Jan. 18 and returned last Friday, according to police. They did not provide additional details.

No foul play was suspected in her disappearance, police said.

{ 12 comments }

1 Anon2you February 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I am sure her parents are relieved…

2 Inform the Community! February 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Let me get this straight. They announced she was missing something like a week and a half after she was missing, and now they announce she came back a week ago? How about being a bit more prompt with this information?! First, no one can look for her because no one knows, and then you might have people looking for a week when she’s already home! Get it together!

Understand, this isn’t a knock against Claycord or Mr. Mayor since one can only report what you know when you know it.

3 Momo February 6, 2014 at 5:58 PM

My heart goes out to the family. It’s devastating to a family when there is a child engaging in such destructive behavior. I hope the family gets the help it so desperately needs.

4 mgentry February 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM

found in san ramon with the youth pastor?

5 Silva February 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Really nasty comment #4?

6 Silva February 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM

It’s really wonderful Sierra’s back home. So happy to hear. Actually folks, someone did post that she was back with her family on the first article.

7 Jose February 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM

Silva,
I don’t think #4′s comment was nasty at all. The youth pastor was holding two 17-year old runaways and this girl was a 17-year old runaway from nearby. It’s not much of a stretch to think that they might be connected.

8 Silva February 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Jose, my bad. I was thinking too cynically there for a minute. Thanks.

9 mgentry February 7, 2014 at 7:21 AM

jose is correct.

10 Mimi (original) February 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I’ll bet there were lots of tears along with recriminations, but overall it’s so good to hear that this young woman is home safe and sound. Hope the entire family gets some counseling!

11 green eyes February 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM

little girl glad your home safe but you better know the streets will chew you up and spit you out.dont you know there is humen trafficing going on and your right at the age there looking for plus a run away is a total score for thoughs evil creeps.i have two beutiful daughters and would die if they ever put themselfs at risk like that.if your in trouble in your home life seek help dont turn to the streets cause they will turn on you with a quickness.

12 Clayton Pete February 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

And now the Del Shannon song is in my head.