UPDATE: Firefighters Battling Blaze on Delaware Dr. in Concord

February 4, 2014 15:32 pm · 11 comments

fire

Firefighters are battling a one-alarm house fire on Delaware Dr., just off Clayton Rd. in Concord.

No flames can be seen coming from the home, but the blaze is creating a large amount of smoke.

No injuries have been reported, and the cause is unknown at this time.

Delaware Dr. is currently closed from Clayton Rd. to Wilke Dr. Please use caution if you’re in the area.

Thanks to Cyndi for the pictures!

UPDATE: ConFire says the fire started in the kitchen and spread into the attic.

UPDATE: The fire has been extinguished.

{ 11 comments }

1 Original G February 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM

OK how many of you have a dry chem fire extinguisher in the house?
An when you leave the stove on and go to another room do you set a timer in case you get distracted, as a reminder?

2 jtkatec February 4, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I have two in the kitchen and one in the garage.

I set timers all the time but then I go out in the backyard and burn the dinner because I can’t hear the timer going off from the backyard…..

3 Subsequent G February 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Ok how many of you are still cooking food in wood framed buildings? This sort of thing will only keep happening…

4 JKB February 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Delaware is still blocked off at Clayton Road. There’s a PG&E truck present too.

5 ClayDen February 4, 2014 at 4:34 PM

@3

I suspect that would be virtually everyone.

6 funny man February 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM

fire extinguisher awareness thread!

one in the kitchen, one on the back porch, one in the garage!
checked yearly

7 Atticus Thraxx February 4, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Sad when you see other people’s stuff burning. Good reminder to stay on top of smoke alarms, extinguishers and a having solid evac plan with no obstacles to rapid egress.

Free Connie Dobbs

8 Dorothy February 4, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Only one in the kitchen but checked regularly to make sure it’s still charged.

9 Sue February 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Most cell phones have a timer use it

10 Hasani February 4, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Thankfully the family is okay, only one member was present and he was able to get out in time. Looked like a large wooden object caught on fire via the stove. This is a reminder to us all to always be extra cautious in the kitchen.

11 it's mE!! (original) February 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM

No wonder I saw firefighters at Delaware dr I was visiting my friends house and I saw a whole bunch of smoke too we where talking sooo much that I forgot to pickup my daughter from highlands elementary… Ahhh funny things.;)
Fyi= for your info