Vehicle Burglary Suspects Arrested After Chase in Concord – One Suspect Captured by Concord PD K9

January 31, 2014 15:18 pm · 61 comments

caught

Two men were taken into custody (one by Concord Police K9 “Figo”) after a vehicle pursuit in Concord on Friday just before 3pm.

A witness to the pursuit tells Claycord.com “I just saw the police chase from the Willows Shopping center ending just under the 242 overpass….intense!! 4 cops were in the immediate chase and then we saw I think 3 more police cars and a motorcycle cop join the activity. The silver fleeing sedan crashed on the other side of the median and two people ran. They caught one suspect immediately and arrested him. They searched for the other and ultimately caught him with Police K9. How’s that for some Friday fun.”

The suspects were wanted for several vehicle burglaries in Concord.

No officers were injured during the chase.

The identify of the suspects hasn’t been released at this time.

Thanks to Donnie for the picture!

{ 61 comments }

1 babytruck January 31, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Awesome friggen job, CPD!! I give you all applause!

2 Let's hope FIGO was able to spend some "Quality Time"..... January 31, 2014 at 3:35 PM

gnawing on the Peuking Maggot….

3 Clayton Pete January 31, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Good doggie!!

4 lmcc January 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Good dog, Figo!

5 anonanonagain January 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Good catch CPD!!! Hope these scumbags get more than just a slap on the wrist…..

6 Ted K., Supermax January 31, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Good job CPD! Good job Officer Figo!

… Oakland PD would have let them get away.

7 America180underBHO January 31, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I was sitting in traffic, under the 242 underpass, heading towards Park and Shop, across from the new Airport appliance, in the right hand lane when all this occurred. Small silver car comes fishtailing around the corner in the left hand lane, and winds up on the center divider, facing oncoming traffic. Perps were Sons of Obama with Dreadlocks and bight colored high tops. One perp jumped out of the passenger seat, and ran towards the used car dealership/gas station area and was caught immediately by 3 Concord cops. The other perp jumped out of the drivers seat, broke left towards the Pontiac dealership into oncoming traffic. Concord PD K9 pulled up right next to me, opened the back door, and the K9 bolted right after him. It was straight out of COPS…

8 don't mess with CPD January 31, 2014 at 3:58 PM

great team work..more scums off the street

9 Kathleen McGuire January 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM

We went by just as one officer was scaling the fence. The K9 was eager to get going and seemed frustrated that the two-legged officers were taking too long. Good job Figo and CPD!

10 St January 31, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Great job, CPD! We were on Willow Pass Road just passing Diamond Blvd when we heard the sirens saw the silver sedan being chased by CPD in our rear view mirror. As we pulled to the side the sedan almost rear ended us. So glad they were arrested!

11 Lorelei January 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM

It seems that the rundown on most of the local criminal activity, includes the phrase: “The suspects were seen leaving in a silver-colored vehicle..” Let’s hope they can relate some of that activity to these suspects…….

12 Anon January 31, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Great job Figo & CPD! Now let’s lock em up!

13 Great job CPD! January 31, 2014 at 4:28 PM

And I love Figo. Great work by a great Police Department.

14 Shay January 31, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Great job CPD and K9!!!! Keeping us safe! THANK YOU…

15 PH resident January 31, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I was driving on Willow Pass Rd just near the overpass today and saw all the police cars! There must have been at least 7! They were talking with someone in the silver car. So crazy – was wondering what happened. My daughter who was with me said at the time “must have been a high speed chase or something.” Guess she was right!

16 cf January 31, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Great job CPD and K9 Figo. Love it when 459V suspects are caught.

17 NoMoreFreeRide January 31, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Guess it’s true that CPD dogs like dark meat!

18 Gargoyle Socks January 31, 2014 at 5:18 PM

Good dog.

And partner.

19 Elwood January 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM

@ America180underBHO #7

Puleez! Those dear boys are suspects, not perps. And it’s not PC to describe them. If you wish you may refer to them as poor underprivileged dears.

Oh well, under AB109 voted for by Congressman DeSaulnier, they’ll be back on the street in 30 days.

But still, you go CPD and Officer Figo!

20 Amy January 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I hope Figo took a bite out of crime.

21 Atticus Thraxx January 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Pants on the ground,
Pants on the ground,
Can’t outrun the cops with,
Pants on the ground.

Free Connie Dobbs

22 mika January 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Good job CPD and Figo!

23 Just Another Concord Resident January 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Great Job Figo and CPD, keep up the good work and thank you.

24 Suzie January 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM

Maybe these are the jerks who broke into my car Sunday night on Elkwood Drive. Unfortunately, my report didnt show up on the weekly police log report.

25 Twila January 31, 2014 at 7:01 PM

How about people named Billy Ray and Dandra?

26 TC January 31, 2014 at 7:02 PM

CPD is a joke.! We don’t need them at all. Let the sheriffs patrol Concord and you’ll see a drop in crime. CPD officer’s need to pack up and move on. Even BART officer’s would do a better job.

27 MommaToTwo January 31, 2014 at 7:16 PM

TC… go live in Oakland if you don’t want to have the police around. You’re lucky if they show up to your house if its not a priority call. Friends of mine work for OPD and they say they are so short handed that sometimes its 2,3,6 hours before they show up, if at all.

28 Matt The Brat January 31, 2014 at 7:25 PM

What’s up with the “Free Connie Dobbs” posts? Is Connie in the penalty box by the Claycord censors… ?

Yes, I said “censors”. I’ve been blanked several times by some bleeding heart liberal moderator (censor) who is/are intolerant of my opinion. Like the saying goes, there is no one more intolerant than those who espouse so-called “tolerance”.

29 Bob January 31, 2014 at 7:32 PM

@America180underBHO
Was one of them wearing jean pants and a jean jacket with bright yellow and red sneakers with long dreads? If so I saw him wandering around the Willows 20 mins earlier.

30 Mark January 31, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Well done.

31 anon January 31, 2014 at 8:15 PM

I heard that one of the scumbags was on probation out of Oakland for receiving stolen property.

32 Elwood January 31, 2014 at 8:18 PM

@ TC #25

Just guessing here.

Had a bad experience with CPD, did we?

Did they put your tweeker *** in jail?

33 annomamma January 31, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Another bite for Canine Officer Figo! How many this year buddy? Thanks for keeping us your partner safe!

Your #1 Fan girl

34 VikingPrincess January 31, 2014 at 8:50 PM

#25
TC, Sorry you’re ticked and got your cockles up cause a house dropped on your sister..

Relax…

35 America180underBHO January 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Bob -

Yes, your description is of the passanger/perp.

To add; When all this began, I was driving on Willow Pass (east) past old Tower Records, and as I passed through the intersection at Diamond Blvd. (between Elephant Ba & /Denny’s), I heard the police sirens coming from my left, which would be from The Willows. At the time, I thought it was ambulance sirens, but little did I know I’d soon be in the middle of an episode of COPS!

Overall, It was one of the coolest car chases, crash, and take downs I’ve ever witnessed. When the perps car jumped on top of the median, it was too low to the ground to make it over to the lanes of oncoming traffic. So it rode the median “high centered” on the underside for about 40 feet, throwing sparks everywhere, ripping out it’s exhaust system, until it ground to a halt.

It made my week to see them the passenger get taken down, and the dog case off after the driver. CPD and FIGO both get a BIG thumbs up!

36 Anon January 31, 2014 at 9:07 PM

These guys have been breaking into cars in our parking lot for months I hope it is the same group.

37 Constant Reader January 31, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Thank You CPD! Great work, I appreciate it!

38 Anon January 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Great job Figo & CPD! Hope these guys go away for a long while.

39 sprinkles January 31, 2014 at 10:05 PM

A big Congratulations to CONCORD PD for taking these fools off the street.
Maybe other crumb bags will understand they will get caught and be punished… Love Figo for taking a bite out of Crime. Big meat treats for him.
Proud of Zero Tolerance in Concord and the finest men in Uniform. ;)

40 mika January 31, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Do I see the perps pants falling off his butt in the picture above?

41 Broke in Colony Park January 31, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Good job Figo!

42 anon February 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM

i love Figo! Be safe!
one of Figo’s is comrade the right word? so sad.

yes. Free Connie Dobbs

43 Sonny Pinson February 1, 2014 at 1:00 AM

My car was broken into a couple weeks ago on monument in concord.

44 anon February 1, 2014 at 1:04 AM

I just wonder what the k-9′s partner says to him so that he know what to do and where to go and who to get. and when he gets let out there’s got to be some danger that he could get hit by a car. how does the k9 know who he’s after. And is her trained to recognize a police uniform? or is it that he’s been introduced to them and knows them.

45 anon February 1, 2014 at 1:07 AM
46 anon February 1, 2014 at 1:22 AM
47 dilligafman February 1, 2014 at 8:04 AM

PUBLIC HANGINGS PEOPLE!!!! that will keep the scum on their side of the tunnel.

48 TC February 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM

No wonder Cops have such big egos and power trips. Reading all these comments I know why now. Big freakin deal it’s their job!! Instead of praising them so much maybe you should go out and do something with your boring life.

49 Anonymous February 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

This looks like profiling to me. If these were white youths they would never have been bothered.

50 America180underBHO February 1, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Anon -
RE: When to let FIGO loose to do his job. In this case it was an easy call. Both directions of traffic was at a stop, due to the dramatic perp car crash, and the CPD coming in from all directions. All of the drivers were staying in their cars as they realized that something bug was about to unfold. So when CPD K9 pulled up next to me, the only people out of their cars were the two Perps, and the K9 officer. FIGO was barking up a storm from the back seat, as he saw the two perps, and by the time he was let out, the passanger/perp was being taken down by 3 CPD, and the driver/perp saw that the K9 officer was opening the back door of the patrol car to let FIGO out, so he broke into a sprint towards the Pontiac dealership. The K9 Officer said something to FIGO before he was released, and then FIGO jumped out and ran like a hollow point bullet straight towards the perp (who kept looking back as he was running away). It was a beautiful sight to behold and made for great dinner conversation!

51 chris February 1, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Nice job CPD. Glad to see we’re still giving chase to crooks… unlike Oakland.

52 P.H. Neighbor February 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Thank you LE. Awesome news.

53 Figo's girlfriend February 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I hope we get a mug shot viewing…WOOF!

54 N.C.Biker February 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM

@anonymous#49, tell that to the three white kids
caught just the other day,
I love my hoody and wool cap, never been profiled.
You either posted that in jest or you are clueless
in Claycordia.

55 biggus thinkus February 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM

wow, no one said it….

“Woof. That Bites!”
[snicker]

56 nytemuvr February 1, 2014 at 4:58 PM

There’s more signals and commands for those dogs than people realize, one is to make a false-positive hit on drugs while searching a car or building among others. I knew a trainer way back when and bought a German Shepard from him. I always worked nights and she was the best dog I ever had. Guaranteed no K9 LEO will tell you that.

57 Mr. Pink February 1, 2014 at 5:52 PM

He may have gotten away had he not been sagging. They’ll never learn.

Mug shot please. Need to work up a good hate.

58 Sawyer February 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Curious TC, what do you do to contribute to society? Do you have a bias against CPD due to past arrests or “alleged criminal activity”? I’m sure we’d all like to know your source of information/experience.

59 old concord February 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Is something wrong with Connie Dobbs ?

60 Old school February 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Don’t be knocking on saggin!! You all know what it spells backwards!!!

61 Eddy Deezen February 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM

It’s no wonder they caught him, look at his pants halfway down to his knees “thugger” style. He probably couldn’t run.