Lifelong Concord Resident Jason Ramey Announces Run for Congress

January 29, 2014 14:00 pm · 92 comments

ramey

Concord resident Jason Ramey has announced his intention to run for California’s 11th Congressional district seat, which will be vacated by Rep. George Miller this year.

Ramey, a lifelong Concord resident, lists several standpoints on his website, including his views on abortion, education, gay rights, gun control and marijuana.

Ramey sent the following note to Claycord.com regarding his candidacy.

Hello my fellow readers of Claycord.com! I would like to introduce myself and declare to you that I am running for Congress in 2014.

My name is Jason Ramey and I want to represent you and your city in Congress.

I would like to invite you to view my website to see what I am all about and how I plan to change this nation for the better. I believe the time has come to end this game of musical chairs and stop electing the same old politicians into office. If we want a better nation, we need to elect better people! My first order of business in Congress would be to focus more on our schools and our children. They are OUR future and we have not been doing a good job of taking care of them like they deserve.

If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me directly at JasonRameyforCongress@gmail.com

www.JasonRameyForCongress.com

{ 92 comments }

1 oldman January 29, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Sorry. I do not hold the same beliefs and will not vote for you

2 Educator January 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM

It’s nice to see somebody new in the running. Good luck, Mr. Ramey.

3 Anon January 29, 2014 at 2:42 PM

We have no clue about what this guy does for a living. We do know he wants to legalize pot. I wish someone with credibility would run against DeSaulnier.

4 Rita VanHorner January 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Out with the old in with the new!

5 Well, I am happy to see someone January 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM

stand up to the “machine”. That alone is worthy of my vote. But, its going to be fun watching this play out. There is a lot of corrupt power around here and no one wants their special little plans messed with. Since I have returned to CA, I have never cast my vote for someone who has won the office. I sure don’t want to change that record.

6 ClayDen January 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Other than his stated position on gun control, he sounds like a typical liberal, i.e., bad for the country.

7 anon January 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Go Jason! I read your stand points, finally someone with some common sense.

8 Anonymous January 29, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am sure whatever he does for a living is better than a community organizer or restaurant owner.

9 Anonymous January 29, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Mr. Ramey, Will you be joining any or all of the debates? I would love to see and hear what you have to say on other issues besides the big ones. I look forward to hearing more.

10 NutCreek Frontier January 29, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Good luck to Mr. Ramey, always nice to see new blood. Does seem very liberal though, can’t vote for a pro-legalization supporter. He is also silent on immigration (at least in his standpoints).

11 @Anonymous, #8---what's wrong with being a restaurant owner? January 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

As a business owner, that person provides jobs in the community and pays taxes, which support your community.

12 Richardsfamily January 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM

If he stated he was an Independant, he might have got my vote, but a Democrat and a Republican means you will be a slave to your party.

13 9deucedaisy January 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Good for you, and good luck!

14 Shuley January 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Too bad he is representing the democrats. I personally won’t vote for either party anymore. I like his stance on most issues.

15 Jess January 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Jason, you have a lot of grammatical errors on your website. If I were you, I’d find someone to clean up the writing. People will be more likely to take you seriously if your website is a bit more polished. I applaud your willingness to run for office and try to make things better. That takes a lot of guts.

16 GGG January 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM

You need to work on your website. I am a democrat and would be interested in hearing more about you, but you need to provide more details. People want to know your career background, your experience with local government, your experience in leadership positions, etc…there’s no credibility provided on your website that will make us trust you and your ability to handle this HUGE job. Tell us more about what you’ve actually done. Good intentions only go so far….I wish you luck.

17 @ Jess, #15---not only takes guts, but a LOT of money January 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM

money to pay for TV ads, newspaper ads, posters, etc. Where will all the money come from?

18 Incognito January 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I agree with Jess with regard to grammatical errors on this young man’s website. What sticks out the most is the constant use of the word “that” which is a dead word – it can and should be eliminated from most sentences.

I wish him the best luck, new blood would be great, but as we all know, saying and doing are two different things.

19 Sacto Rob January 29, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Yup, except for gun control, this “maverick” is just a George Miller clone.

20 Rob January 29, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Who is telling law abiding citizens that they have to relinquish their guns to leave the “scum and evil of society in possession of firearms?

As for laws that limit

21 J. January 29, 2014 at 3:42 PM
22 OldWCreeker January 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM

@GGG: You ask many questions about this young man’s background, positions, experience etc………did you do the same when Obama ran?

23 Just me January 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Wow. Jason was one of my good friends in highschool and to be honest I got scared seeing his picture. Normally your picture on claycord is due to an arrest or death.

Glad to see you doing things buddy. It’s been a while. I think last time I saw you was when you opened my joint checking account in Wamu about 8 years ago?

Good luck

24 Anon January 29, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Seems more like a libertarian which is perfectly fine by me.

25 VikingPrincess January 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Too much work if we gotta give tips but you gotta start somewhere.

26 Mimi (original) January 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM

You need an editor for your website, as several others have noted. Aside from that I might very well be on board, it’s about time we had someone with the capability to look into the crystal ball of reality and see where the world it going. Good luck!

27 Wow January 29, 2014 at 4:26 PM

EVERYONE HOLD THE PHONE ON YOUR NAGGING COMMENTS! I don’t see any of you running for office, so give the kid a little slack!

A spiffy website is often “full of sound and fiery signifying nothing” however there is something to be said on how your public image either supports or hurts your credibility as a politician…either way, if you’re not running it’d be good to stop nagging. Thanks!

28 The 1% January 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Leave it to King Edi Birsan to tell this guy when and where he can run for office.

29 nah. I'll pass January 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM

When you start talking about respecting everyone’s rights to do whatever they want, then you lose me. The family is central to our culture and viability of society. Allowing it to be watered down because people have the right to do whatever they want plays a role in the other issues you tout.

Education would be positively affected by two loving parents at home supporting the children. Not single mothers living on the dole or struggling to get by, using school as daycare. You don’t even attempt to offer a solution, you just point out how bad our education system is. We don’t need a representative to tell us that. The problem is much more systemic.

Prison overcrowding would be positively affected by two loving parents at home raising good citizen children. Families with no positive example of a father in the home suffer the disease of repeated incarceration at a much higher rate.

Legalizing harmful drugs never turns out good. Allowing it to be used for medicinal purposes is one thing, legalizing it to grab tax dollars for it is 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. What people need now is not MORE access to mind altering chemicals.

Abortion problems would be positively affected by two loving parents at home having children in a committed relationship, with plans to be parents. Allowing people to kill children after their conception attacks the wrong end of the problem, and further degrades our society.

30 MDUSD Grad January 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM

@Edi Birsan

Who cares if he hasn’t been at city council meetings. Frankly, I’d rather vote for someone with little to no political experience than a lifelong politician. Not to mention the fact that local (city) politics are nothing like national politics. The only benefit of having held local office is name recognition.

That said, I won’t be voting for Mr. Ramey for other reasons. Good to see some fresh challengers though.

31 Advice January 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Here is some advice:
1. Clean up the grammar on your website.
2. Forget the log I’n feature on your website. Why would anyone log I’n to s political web site?
3 Tell us something about yourself . After reading your website for all I know you could be in county jail and a former burglar.
4. You will get the doper vote but lots of people who hate DeSaulnier are moderates and conservative.
5. Be prepared to be ignored. Edi says he hadn’t seen you at any demo clubs. He can’t even get a motion passed In the city council. I wouldn’t pay a lot of attention to him.
6 Avoid the trite political phrases. Leave that to DeSaulnier. Challenge him to debates. He will think of a way not to. Publicize that.make a big issue of how few people contribute to him and how many unions and corporations do

32 More of the same? January 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Looks and sounds like all the others. I for one
don’t care what ” His “, personal beliefs are, just
uphold the State and Federal Constitutions.

33 Atticus Thraxx January 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Jesus himself could run for office and you people would find something to criticize. And how narcissistic do you have to be to offer “advice”. You Lee-frickin-Atwater or something? If you straight-up disagree with his view on things, that’s one thing.
Until he get’s caught with a hooker, I’m interested to see where he takes it. Get’s some traction maybe I’ll try and help.

Free Connie Dobbs

34 Get a clue January 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM

@ nah i’ll pass.

Just thought Id let you know that in a sea of moronic comments, your’s stood out.

Why don’t you take a break from your ‘leave it to beaver’ fantasy world and actually gather some data on the topics you are addressing. Specifically, the legalization of drugs and it’s effects on a modern society.

Or just keep watching TV!

35 Elwood January 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Anybody would be better than Marky Mark, the former Republican saloon keeper.

36 Antler January 29, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Silly. No record whatsoever of having served this city and area.

37 @get a clue January 29, 2014 at 6:29 PM

There are no statistics on legalized drugs in
society’s . Unless you consider the Netherlands.
But there are mounds of facts and statistics on
how the “War on drugs” failed to do anything
more than make some richer and make money
grubbing politicians look better. So in closing I
say to get a clue , GET A CLUE.

38 Bubbles January 29, 2014 at 6:38 PM

I love the posters on Claycord. Your website sucks we want it to be flashy and paid for with millions like the rest of the trash running this govt. He actually said what his views are MOST won’t do that!! Oh yeah again I forget this country likes liars.

39 Get a clue January 29, 2014 at 6:39 PM

@@getaclue

Pretty sure we are on the same team guy. The WoD is an epic failure on every level.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

40 jtkatec January 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Attticus, are you Connie Dobbs?

41 Go Ramey! January 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Jay, I’m so proud of you!!! You got my vote and I know anyone that personally knows you does too! Good lucky

42 funny man January 29, 2014 at 7:12 PM

but more importantly , is he single?
J/K .. on a serious note, can we see his long form birth certificate?

43 Jason Ramey January 29, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Thank you everyone for your comment’s and concerns about my campaign. I know that I’m not the “Prodigal son” to politics and I know that I am flawed. But we all are. All’s I can do is my best. I can’t please everyone all at once. All that being said. I would love to have some help. We are a true grassroots campaign. We don’t have hundreds of thousands of dollars in a war chest already setup.

If you would like to help in any aspect (web editing for example), please send me an email. Also, I will take the recommendations here and add them to my site for you all to see. If you would like to see more of my viewpoints, please ask and I will get them to you all.

For all of my supporters, thank you for the encouragement! It’s extremely hard getting out here and gaining your support.
For everyone else, I appreciate the comments and I will work hard to earn your respect, even if I can’t earn your vote.

We are still early in the campaign and there is much more to come!

44 Easy big Atticus January 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM

The criticisms I made were to help him, not hurt him. I’d like to see someone besides DeSaulnier make a viable candidate.

Jesus is not a resident and ineligible to run. Doubt he’d want the job.

45 Always Right January 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

@get a clue… Yes please do.

Nah ii’ll pass is right. Pot is a blight. Show some foresight.

Ever child deserves a mom and a dad. Gay marriage you see, is just a fad.

46 @clue January 29, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Perhaps so my friend, your phrasing perhaps threw me.
But other than how the Netherlands has dealt with
Drugs, not actually legalizing them, which has more
to do with international relations, ( to limit drug
transports to neighboring Countries), all we have
to go by is our own experiences.
All but the most naive persons must realize drug
use for recreational purposes pre-dates history.
A knee jerk reaction will not( W.O.D.), have any
but an opposite reaction.
Almost nothing we have been doing in this
Country is working! From Healtcare, Social welfare,
Education, Foriegn Policies. It has only served to
Enrich the elite.
I don’t claim to have the answers, but I will say this,
Having read more on political dogma and theory
than I should have, the Constitution of the United
States, is Socialist in its core philosophy.
Think about it, justice, equality of man, it has
been from the beginning , the thing most feared
by the “Elite”(rich), because if it were used against
them, they would lose their power to control the
masses. The French Revolution is an example.
I digress, but perhaps a few readers here will
understand, good luck and goodnight.

47 ChampagneKitty January 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I have something to say about this, but can’t concentrate too well right now, I’m in too much pain…it’s about what Edi said…he has a very good point…I wanted to explain why…maybe later when I’m feeling better…

48 @aways right January 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM

WOW! I would vote for you.
If I were a Fascist!

49 Atticus Thraxx January 29, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Not the way it read, but whatever, I think your under estimating Jesus. Remember his temper tantrum in the temple from The New Testament? And he’ll carry 99% of the Hispanic vote, that’s a lock. I like his chances.
As for residency, let me remind you the cat was the Son of God. The Lamb.He says he’s a resident, you gonna argue?

Free Connie Dobbs

50 Anonymous January 29, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I keep hearing the war on drugs doesn’t work. A few facts1. Users dont go to jail. 2. Read Claycorf every week and see how many burglaries there are. No one suggests making burglary legal. We keep arresting burglars but it doesn’t stop.
3. Pot isn’t good for you
4 if you ever had a child that was a pothead see number 3

And that’s why I have a problem with politicians that want to legalize pot.

51 Yhe Phantom January 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Jesus is a Democrat.

The New Testament shows us:
He was a master carpenter.
He passed out free food.
He protected women from persecution.
He taught charity
He taught forgiveness
He healed the sick and the poor
He kicked the moneychangers out of the temple.
He requested that children be cared for in His Name.

He was a teacher.
He walked everywhere.
He hung out with a gang.
He had a warning for rich people.
He was homeless.

…and provided “free” health care.

52 @anonymous January 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM

That’s great, you have a right to your opinion.
No matter how ill informed it is. And your logic
is poorly formulated.

53 Judge Roy Bean January 29, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Just what we need another Tax and Spend liberal, someone who will not defend the the 2nd amendment.

54 @54 January 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Did you not read anything? Lol you should read his site before you comment.

55 Waldo January 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I think a huge issue here, in our state and in most others is illegal immigration. I would like to know Jason’s stand on this career-killer issue.

56 chatterbox January 30, 2014 at 12:19 AM

Good for you Jason Ramey!!

I went to El Dorado and Concord High with you and it’s always nice to see former classmates doing well. Everybody always has something to say about politics and how things should be and I commend you for actually standing up and doing something about it. Bravo.

57 Anonymous January 30, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Actually the chances of Jesus buying into the Democratic party’s stand on abortion on demand is pretty low.

But here is some advice for our budding politician:
1. Look up DeSaulniers campaign contributions. Point out his refusal to try and end the BART strike. Show how much money he took from the unions.

Do something about freeing Comnie Dobbs

58 Anon January 30, 2014 at 6:43 AM

We definitely need some new young blood with modern ideas not cranky rich old men who can’t stay out of women’s issues. I’ll be watching and listening, but so far I like all his standpoints.

59 Dear judge Bean January 30, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Read his site before you shoot off your mouth, he is big 2nd amendment guy.

60 Meeh January 30, 2014 at 7:16 AM

meeh
yeah, we need new blood, new ideas, but it also needs to be an independent. Otherwise it will just be a “puppet” for the party.

61 oldman January 30, 2014 at 7:22 AM

@Yhe
No way he would be a Democrat. Notice each line begins with “He”, not “We the government”.

62 Anonymous January 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM

@Anonymous 58
I don’t think any registered Democrat can make it far in politics without lots of union contributions and endorsements.

63 Anonymous January 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM

DeSaulnier will play it this way: He will completely ignore the new guy. Edi will try and be a king maker . The unions will use their surrogates to attack anyone running against their bought and paid for man, Mark. The dopers will forget to vote.
Connie Dobbs will gain her freedom , and if you like your doctor, you can keep him.

The SFCop child molester will go to prison for along time,Atticus will blow his top on occasion, not without good reason, usually.

And other things will happen

64 BCuzItzClaycord January 30, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Atticus #33 – Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But then again what have mose on here done for theit community but take up space.
Always Wrong – Hate to tell you that over half of the straight marriages in this country end in divorce so there are a lot of kids that do not grow up in a home with a mother and father. Oh and let’s guess….you are against inter-racial marriage and desegregated to schools too. What a freakin bigot.

65 BCuzItzClaycord January 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Sorry for typos on 65 – “mose” = ” most” and “theit” = “their”

66 Eris January 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM

@Atticus Thrax- What does Connie Dobbs need to be freed from?

67 adesertjoy January 30, 2014 at 8:53 AM

People! I think some of your ignorance is showing with your attempts to “Guess” or name call because you disagree. Why are your opinions acceptable but anyone who disagrees with you is just wrong? Last time I checked this was the United States of America or did she move? I do not agree on some Mr. Ramey’s views; in-fact I am very conservative, carry a handgun and vote Republican. I do however believe that we all have the right to our opinions, right or wrong. It is things like the name calling and pre-judgments that give conservatives and Christians a bad name. If you truly want to make a judgmental statement you might want to know all the facts/details of why someone believes what they believe. At the surface level it appears as though Mr. Ramey is ambitious; has the heart and desire to make a difference. I think it is time for a Change a new face, new blood, excitement over this country and government. I think its time to roll out the old guys and bring in the new. Give him a chance and ask deeper questions.

68 Silva January 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Yhe Phantom; You’re so cool.

69 Atticus Thraxx January 30, 2014 at 9:51 AM

I believe Connie is being held as a political prisoner by dark forces within our very own government. She was warned, but either didn’t have time or resources to “slip off the grid” quickly and long term. If we can confirm this we hope we can count on all your help to free our sister freedom fighter.

Free Connie Dobbs

70 formeremployee January 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM

I can’t help but think of the kid from E.T. when I see his picture.

Best of luck Mr. Ramey.

71 Atticus Thraxx January 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I am not Connie Dobbs jtkatec. Connie is smarter than me.

Free Connie Dobbs

72 Cowellian January 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Connie isn’t even here, but she’s somehow managed a threadjacking.

73 Cowellian January 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Jason,
Maybe you aren’t a one-trick pony. But seriously, hire a proofreader. Your campaign will thank you.

74 ChampagneKitty January 30, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Right now, I am doing okay as long as I don’t move or sit up. (I’m laying on my side.)

I don’t necessarily have any objections to Jason Ramey running for Congress; I just don’t think he has any chance of being elected. Not now, anyway. Edi is right. Jason is a lifelong Concord resident. I don’t get out as much as I used to, but I don’t remember seeing him around, at City Council or any events. Of course, Edi is everywhere. He is very active in the community and goes to lots of places and he doesn’t seem to be familiar with this person. So who is Jason’s support base? Which organizations is he active in? People can’t just pop up out of the blue and have any expectation of being elected to Congress. He or she has to establish some sort of standing in the community first. That is why people traditionally start out small and move up. Take an active interest in the city and community, attend city council meetings and community workshops, volunteer, join organizations and be active in them, apply to be on boards and commissions. When you do these things, then you can network and establish a lot of contacts and get to know people and people will get to know you. It doesn’t necessarily have to go this way, but once a person spends time serving on some board and commissions, then they run for a local elected office, like their city council. From city council, then the county board of supervisors, then the state assembly, etc. It isn’t realistic to just go from being an anonymous person to a United States Congressperson. That is why Edi said it is very ambitious of Jason to make this announcement. Maybe Jason is doing this for the practice. Of course, he can’t admit that, or else no one would take him seriously. But to be taken seriously, he has a lot of work to do to become more established and known in the community and build a support base.

75 ChampagneKitty January 30, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Oh yeah…Free Connie Dobbs!

76 MDUSD Grad January 30, 2014 at 2:31 PM

@BCuzItzClaycord

Always Right said every child deserves a mom and a dad, and suddenly you’ve labeled him an anti-interracial, pro-segregation bigot?

No wonder it’s impossible to have any real dialogue on Claycord. You all argue with people who don’t exist except in your own minds.

77 anon mom in Conc January 30, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Hate to say it, but his thoughts and perspectives are generic enough to appeal to 90% of people who want a change, yet are vague and without substance. Take a stand. The others are correct…get an editor! That said, shouldn’t he have thought about these details PRIOR to making his website? A “hindsight” kind of guy? A DVC student (not even a graduate) does not make for a brilliant politician, IMHO. Not enough proof of micro and macro understanding. No thanks…will keep looking.

78 BCuzItzClaycord January 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM

MDUSD Grad – re-read what Always Wrong said. Then go look at other things he has said on other threads. The “man” is a nut. This is the kind of person who in the 50′s was against desegregation and to this day is still probably against it. Same goes for inter-racial marraige. Would probably crap his tights if a Black family, Asian Family or Hispanic family moved in next door to him. He has a HISTORY of bigoted comments on Claycord.

79 adesertjoy January 30, 2014 at 3:52 PM

One has to wonder how long Mr. Ramey will be slaughtered for his web site. Let’s move on and dig deep. Obama had no proof of birth yet you elected him. Did he really graduate? He smoked pot yet the people swooned at his feet. Why? Most likely because they were fed up with the “Norm”…. just a thought!

80 Officer Barbrady January 30, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I am preparing to serve a writ of habeas corpus on those dark forces holding the beloved Connie Dobbs. If Atticus can find them, I will see her released. Unless I can’t.

81 Atticus Thraxx January 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I couldn’t ask anymore of a stalwart agent of law and order. Instead of burning a bunch of time and money trying to find the correct rock to turn over, we intend to make enough of a fuss, they’ll come find us. Agents of disorder are nothing, if not predictable.

82 Jason Ramey January 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Thank you everyone for being here and talking part in this conversation. Let me try to address some of your concerns in reverse order. :)

@Everyone- I’ve got an editor reviewing the site. Thank you for that feedback
@anon mom- If you look at my site, I’m being specific on my views with more to come. Also, please find another politician that will take a “stand” they will try to be vague with you. I never will be.
@ChampagneKitty- I’m sorry for your pain, I hope you feel better soon. I chose not to go through the ‘normal’ path because its easy to fall in to the political crowd and lose focus on what you started this career for. I want to go to D.C. with a new perspective and make a difference now. Not 20 years from now and not be a political puppet like the others. What better way to have an impact than send a fresh ‘civilian’ and not a hardened politician.
@adesertjoy- You make a solid statement. I appreciate that. you also make me think I might get a few republican votes. :)
@-BCuzItzClaycord(& 33-Atticus)- Its extremely hard to put myself out here to try and make this country a better place for ALL of us. Thank you both for your support.
@oldman- It’s nice to see you’re still here. Thank you.
@Meeh- While I am a registered democrat, I lean heavy to the right, next best thing to an independent right? Also, most independents side with the Dems to gain support in the House.
@Anon (59)- Thank you for your support, one “modern idea” I have is to have a real time online system where voters can tell their congressmen(woman) what they want on bills and how to vote. After all, they are there for US and what WE want. Not their own agenda.
@chatterbox- Thank you for your support! Every voice helps!
@waldo- I will add the ‘career-killer’ issue to my webpage based on your recommendation. Thank you for suggesting it. Please look for it.
@Judge Roy Bean- I will not raise taxes nor increase spending as I stated on my website. I also support the 2nd amendment, so I’m not sure where you got your information from. Please cite your sources.
@Anonymous(50)- please cite your sources as well. There are in fact over 300,000 inmates in jail right now for marijuana specifically. I have sources on my page.

Thank you all for your views, praises and critiques. I look forward to speaking with you all a lot more in the future!

-Jason

83 Atticus Thraxx January 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Sorry for jacking your thread. It’s a blood sugar thing. I hope your serious and well funded. The Senator will be difficult to challenge, but I’d love to have a viable alternative cast a ballot for since the red team can’t seem to raise one.

Free Connie Dobbs

84 ChampagneKitty January 30, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Thank you for responding to our comments, Jason. Good luck to you.

85 KAD January 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Yhe Phantom – That was great.

Jason, Thank you for your response.

Free Connie Dobbs

86 StacieB January 31, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I went to High School with Jason at CHS!!! So best of luck to him.

87 Concorddad January 31, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I love how people bash the Unions for giving money to the politicians. The BART unions gave away a total of 13,000 last year. This was for any political contribution. That included going to political events etc. Thats a drop in the bucket compared to the money these corporations are giving to make pay and benefits lower. How much did you give to help the working class?

88 Silva January 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Jason, a dem who leans heavy to the right? What’s that? Hopefully what you meant to say is that you neither a radical leftist or a rigid old boys club republican. Don’t try to appeal to either extreme. You don’t really need them. Be yourself, but maybe you must pay some dues and gain credibility on a more local level. Make your name MEAN something. You can.

89 Jason Ramey January 31, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Silva, Yes, that’s what it is. More middle road then hard left or right. And its not to appeal to any one side, it’s just how my views line up and what I believe in. I know that being myself will mean something, how many other politicians are out there that are true to the same belief from when they started. I think that’s my strongest point here is that I am truly trying to make a difference here and NOT make a name for myself by trying to appeal to everyone.

Hi StacieB!

90 JRConcord February 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

Jason ,
Be a true independent thinker, work from “outside the box”. Be true to your beliefs and you will get my vote.
Now change your picture, you look like “The cable guy” in this one here. ;-)
You need an action shot sleeves rolled up, pointing at something in the distance, earnest look on your face .With a small group watching you ,admiring your profound ideas.
good luck
Free Connie Dobbs?

91 Jason Ramey February 1, 2014 at 7:31 PM

You got it JRConcord I’ll get a pic up per your request.

And I will stay true. Great things are about to happen. Thank you for your support.

92 adesertjoy February 2, 2014 at 3:44 PM

I have to agree with JRConcord Jason. Your picture will certainly appeal to the Mothers/Grandmothers! Your picture ought to depict your drive, ambition and willingness to get your hands dirty. Have you any plans for a debate or public forum? I would be interested in hearing you speak; maybe a Q&A. Best to you.