The Claycord Online Museum – “In Focus” Concord City News with Scott Belding

January 28, 2014 14:00 pm · 16 comments

If you’ve lived in Claycord for a few years, you’ll enjoy this old video that talks about the remodel of the Concord Pavilion. It also shows some pictures of the old spirit poles on Concord Ave. and a few other locations around Concord.

Enjoy!

This video is courtesy of YouTube user MetalMatt Bolender.

Click on the tag below titled “Claycord Online Museum” to view other items!

{ 16 comments }

1 Greg in Pleasant Hill January 28, 2014 at 3:07 PM

What makes this video for me, is the awesome soundtrack.

2 KenInConcord January 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM

I used to live across the street from Metal Matt when he was in third grade. Funny to see these kids all grown up!!

3 SoConcordResident January 28, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Now this is what we need more of on Claycord! Enough with stabbings and shootings. More fun historical videos and sweet soundtracks!

4 BJS January 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I agree with you, SoConcordResident it’s so cool to see the historical stuff on Claycord!! :-)

5 RANDOM TASK January 28, 2014 at 4:08 PM

hmmm pavilion yeah wrecked that venue when the powers that be decided it would be better to build housing right on top of it. Now all it is good for it a lawn and garden venue or quiet venues that stop well before 11pm…and they wonder why it makes no money or draws any big names lol…….
spirit poles …………yeah nobody in jail for that waste of money and time and lack of thought or at least the ones who were on board quickly jumped ship and found really good hiding places. Their answer to increasing art and feel for this city is more multicolored section 8 housing that brings in no money to support the city ……..ironic ….well if your job depended on securing votes instead of actually doing your job what would you do …..obviously using city money to secure more votes is what they do. Suffer well concord you have indeed earned it

6 Silva January 28, 2014 at 4:33 PM

WOW !!! I agree with RANDOM TASK !!! Never happened before.

7 Matt bolender January 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Yes that was one of my favorite shoots. Love that place when it is rockin.

8 Justin January 28, 2014 at 5:46 PM

@ Random Task (5)

How would you know? When’s the last time you left the house? Your constant negativity is very draining. Get some help!

9 Justin January 28, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Concord Pav. is a great place to see a concert! ROCK ON!!!

10 The Real Truth January 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Ah Random Task, one of the bitter dozen.

11 Atticus Thraxx January 28, 2014 at 7:22 PM

The music makes me want to punch things, but pretty cool video. We live in a good place.

12 Chevrolet girl January 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I definitely do not miss the spirit poles…lame idea and ugly!
I do miss the grass seating at the Pavillion. I saw Huey Lewis and the News while sitting on a tarp in the pouring rain. He made a shout out to us, best concert ever!

13 Greg in Pleasant Hill January 28, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I saw Faith No More open for Metallica. I think it was ’89.

14 pam January 28, 2014 at 10:31 PM

@Random task…our Claycordian.

15 Silva January 29, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I actually haven’t been back since before this project.

16 nytemuvr January 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I lived a couple of blocks from the spirit poles when they were up….when I see them, it makes me throw up a little in my mouth.