Cause of Death Revealed After Body Found Inside Vehicle at Baldwin Park in Concord

January 28, 2014 10:50 am · 32 comments

crime_scene

On Monday just after 11:30am, Concord Police Officers responded to the parking lot of the Senior Center inside Baldwin Park, 2727 Parkside Dr. regarding the report of a deceased male in a vehicle.

Upon arrival, Officers located a deceased 52 year-old male inside a vehicle parked in the lot. Concord Police Detectives were called and they assumed the investigation.

Detectives located evidence at the scene indicating that the victim’s death was the result of a suicide, police said.

This is still an on-going investigation and no additional details will be released at this time.

RELATED STORY: Investigation Underway After Body Found Inside Vehicle at Concord Senior Center

1 Lori January 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM

What a shame….deepest sympathy to those left behind.

2 RanchgirlCA January 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM

So sorry this person felt this was the only way to deal. My thoughts go out to their family and friends. I know from experience how difficult this can be.

3 Nancy January 28, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family…….

4 RIP January 28, 2014 at 11:31 AM

My heart goes out to his family, I’ve experienced this pain, my prayers are with you❤️

5 Clayton20 January 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Very sad.

6 Cassandra January 28, 2014 at 12:21 PM

This is very sad. Condolences to his family and friends. God bless them…..

7 old concord January 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Go with God and rest . May we remember this life and the many more . We need to change our societies and make this a better place for all .

8 shan January 28, 2014 at 12:42 PM

A lot of people are left alone to deal w things. It doesn’t surprise me at all. I suffer w depression and am alone cause friends and family don’t care or understand i suffer w that thought a lot and im younger then that person. . Ppl don’t notice or care how bad others mentally

9 MtzMom January 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM

My kid, along with dozens of others, were right there at preschool while this was going on. I am usually sympathetic when people are so lost and distraught that they see no other way out, but at least have a shred of decency to be cognizant of the situation you’re creating with your decision.

10 Atticus Thraxx January 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Yeah cuz it’s all about you.

11 Ridge walker January 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM

RIP
Shan – sorry about your situation. Good luck and God bless.
MtzMom – what kinda comment is that??

12 hmm January 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Very sad. My condolences to the survivors.

@MtzMom
Perhaps you should be more cognizant of this situation before going for whatever you are going for with a comment like that. What exactly are you hoping for here?

1) That the recently deceased will read this comment and apologize to you?

2) That a potentially suicidal reader that may have considered Baldwin park as a his or her ideal location to do something similar might read this comment and say to themselves “oh maybe I’ll do that elsewhere”?

3) To steal some of the sympathy readers are expressing; to hopefully have someone here reach out to you and say “oh, you poor thing!”?

4) Some sort of vindication for your lack of empathy toward this tragedy, which you believe is justified because it happened near a (more importantly YOUR KID’S) preschool?

Reconsider your motivation before commenting on the loss of life. No one made you send your kid to that particular school and frankly, no one cares that you did. Regardless of your intention, your comment here is just downright insensitive and narcissistic.

13 VikingPrincess January 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I am so sorry to learn this. My thoughts to family and those touched by this event.

14 Shelly January 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM

So very sad. I’d first hoped it was a natural death. I’m greatfull to my Doctors and modern medicine. Anyone who can should try for help. It’s very likely there for you somewhere! The really hard patches and ruts in the road are temporary.

15 Shelly January 28, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Someone who checks out alone in a car in a public place may have been trying to spare a friend or loved one from finding them like that.

16 Theresa January 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM

This is so sad. Condolences to the family.

Unfortunately, suicide is the end result of severe depression. There is help out there.

17 babytruck January 28, 2014 at 4:28 PM

When people feel so desperate and all alone, they probably feel that the only thing is a permanent solution like this. And sometimes, that permanent solution is pressed on by a temporary problem. How sad to feel so left alone.

Shan, I’m hoping that your pain too is temporary. Please try not to think that other’s dont care. Because they do. People can’t just “not care”, it’s not human to not care. Sometimes its because they don’t know how to respond or what to say to help you…or even how to help you. So YOU help them. Tell them what you need…come forth and let them know. And don’t be afraid to ask because you know what? You are worth it. :) Good luck, Shan.

18 babytruck January 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM

MtzMom,

I’m really sorry that you felt that his decision to do it WHERE he did upset you so. Not sure if your kid witnessed this since you said that he/she ” along with dozens of others, were right there at preschool while this was going on.” But one thing is certain. This is a temporary problem and hopefully these children, along with counseling and a supportive family, will get through this temporary situation and be happy.

For this poor hurting mank who made a permanent decision, will never EVER be happy again .

19 Poon January 28, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I have no sympathy for those that choose the cowards way out.

20 Chevrolet girl January 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM

@ Poon
Maybe you should volunteer to help those that are condsidering suicide so you might have some empathy. How about sympathy for the family. That was someone’s child! Brr it’s cold in here…oh wait, that’s just your heart!

21 Atticus Thraxx January 28, 2014 at 7:10 PM

And you know what about the demons that run your mind through a salad shooter or pain so unbearable all dignity and pretense are long gone Poon? Never say never, bubba.

22 Silva January 28, 2014 at 7:44 PM

I pity the poor soul who reaches out looking for help and gets Pooned.

23 motimer January 28, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Let it go people and move on….

24 MtzMom January 28, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Suicide is selfish and tragic. My dad’d best friend missed their daily coffee meeting at the local coffee shop. Dad called him and got no answer. Dad went over to his house an found him, gun in hand, head blown wide open. Dad’s friend never reached out, there were no implications that anything was amiss. The friend surely knew that my dad would go looking for him, as they never, ever missed their morning coffee. My friend’s husband was standing outside at an airport when a person chose to fall to his death literally right in front of him. My dad and my friend’s husband both still suffer from the experience of being suddenly smacked in the face with graphic, horrible death by people who decided to take their own lives. My opinion about committing suicide in a public place won’t change. I sincerely hope anyone feeling desperate is able to find help that will avoid the ugliness that is suicide.

25 babytruck January 28, 2014 at 9:43 PM

MtzMom, I’m sorry about your dad’s best friend. But perhaps the pain he endured blurred over the fact that he might be discovered by his coffee buddy. Granted he never missed a day of morning bliss with him, he probably wasn’t thinking about the negative impression he would leave on your dad’s memory or heart. Seems like he must have loved your dad in order to meet him every day and make it their routine together – but please try to forgive in your heart because if he loved him so, surely he would not want to hurt him like this.

26 Dr. Jellyfinger January 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM

I walked my dog right under the yellow tape & the cops got all over me for it. I didn’t know it was a crime scene. I thought there was just a crack in the sidewalk or something. It was just all upside down & backwards – leave it to the genius police to muff up a job so simple….

27 Motherof3 January 29, 2014 at 8:31 AM

@MtzMom I have seen many of your comments on various articles. You are a very judgemental individual. Since your name has MOM in it I will assume that you are a mother. I pray that none of the articles you have commented on come back to bite you in the butt. It could be one of your kids that is diagnosed with a mental illness. (yes a comment you made on a one particular article stands out) Shame on you!! That is all I have to say.

My thoughts and prayers to the family of the victim.

28 hmm January 29, 2014 at 8:56 AM

@MtzMom

Oh, so now you are an authority on suicide because people close to you have witnessed suicide? No, you couldn’t have been suggesting that. So what were you going for this time? Just wanted to talk about yourself more? Wasn’t enough to make this man’s passing about your kid, now we get to read about your dad and husband? Again, this tragedy isn’t about you.

Your egocentricity is astounding! Do you walk into funerals and interrupt the person giving the eulogy and start talking about who you know someone who died too? Do you show up to weddings in your old wedding dress? Do you sing over the kids at Martinez school programs? Oh, that’s right, you send your kids to Concord schools and then b!tc# about Concord on the internet ;)

29 RanchgirlCA January 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM

@MtzMom I sure hope you aren’t someone I know. My father was one of those who choose to end his life, knowing that a friend would be coming by and would find him. You have no idea of the hell someone who chooses this way out is going through, and it must be hell if they feel this is the only way to end their personal suffering. People like you get my blood boiling and make me sick to my stomach. I’m glad you weren’t someone I needed to turn to for support in the hours, days, weeks and years since his death. It haunts me every day. Thank goodness for decent people, like so many others who posted sympathy and condolences here today.

Sorry folks. I’ve had a rough 24 hours and I just couldn’t hold it in.

30 Rocky January 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM

@Dr. Jellyfingers- the last thing the police officers are worried about is your stupid f’ing dog- they needed to get the tape up quickly, block off the crime scene and start their job (which I am sure you could never do). Maybe you should pay more attention to your surroundings and you would have known-

31 CoCoOld January 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM

@MtzMom,
Are you sure you’re not an expert on suicide? Because if i were your husband I’d have blown my brains out rather than listen to your tripe.

32 Dr. Jellyfinger January 30, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Rocky, I could put out the crime scene tape right side up. A monkey could do it. YOU may think of it as a challenge. YOU may think of a primate as being a mental equal, I do not. If I were indeed an LEO, I would not be so lackadaisical about my job as to just slop the ol’ crime scene tape up any which way. I would consider the general dog walking public to be unexpecting of such a thing & not in a tightly wired excrement state of mind to be on the lookout for upside down law enforcement warnings! Also, my name is “Jellyfinger”, not “fingers”. It only requires one lubricated digit for most intrusive exams, not multiple fingers…..We are just checking for swelling and lumps, not harvesting oranges. I’ll bet you’re a cop!