Kaiser Employee Robbed Inside Parking Garage on Newell Ave. in Walnut Creek

January 23, 2014 · 123 comments

Walnut Creek Police are searching for two men who they say robbed a Kaiser employee just before midnight inside the parking garage of Kaiser Hospital on Newell Ave.

The following information is from the Walnut Creek Police Dept.:

SUSPECTS:

• Suspect #1: White male adult, 20’s, average height, average build. Suspect was wearing a black jacket with gray sleeves, black pants and white tennis shoes. Armed with a knife.
  • Suspect #2: White male adult, 20s, average height, average build. Suspect was wearing a dark colored jacket and a white hat. Armed with a bat.
  • Suspect #3: Unknown description.

SUSPECT VEHICLE:

• Silver colored 4 door SUV type vehicle, possibly a Toyota Highlander.

WCPD received a call that an armed robbery had just occurred at one of the Kaiser parking garages. Responding officers arrived within a minute and found the suspects had robbed an employee. The suspects fled in a silver colored SUV, possibly a Toyota Highlander. Officers searched for the suspects but were unable to locate them.

No one was injured during the robbery and the investigation continues.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Walnut Creek Police Department at 925-943-5844.

1 sleuth January 23, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Why, with those details of the suspects…we should be able to catch the villains in no time….

2 Claire January 23, 2014 at 9:07 AM

At least no one was hurt. Young white guys don’t carry guns.

3 teacher January 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Glad to hear that no one was injured. Walnut Creek is starting to get just as bad as other places.

4 Blink January 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM

@ Claire
Armed with bat and knife….just as intimidating

5 Re: Claire January 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM

You know, you don’t need a gun to hurt someone or to rob them. They could have easily slashed the victim with the knife or beat them with their bare hands.
The shocking thing is they went after a health care worker. Hopefully karma will repay these young criminals.

6 mohair January 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM

i wonder how long it took their vehicle to get out of the garage. =o) sometimes i get stuck waiting in a long line of cars while one person is waiting for a slow car to back out of their space. can’t go very fast in those parking garages at Kaiser WC. happy to hear the person wasn’t hurt but at least they were close to a hospital!

7 dw January 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I am an employee of Kaiser in Walnut Creek. To this minute NO ONE has said anything. No warning, Nothing posted. My co-workers and I are copying the news stories and posting them throughout our unit. We called security to give us an update. They cannot comment. WHAT? Some of us work all shifts. Some of us stay late, or come in early. Security guards are not in the garage at night. They are in the hospitals. AND they get mad when we call 911 instead of them for help. “not our policy.” BULL. Security is a joke here. I guess I need to bring my stun-gun to work.

8 Dee January 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

If Kaiser does not have security for employees and patients in those garages especially late night or at anytime anymore, they need to get it. I hate that garage over there …always packed and easy places for people ti hide

9 Larkin January 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM

That garage is not well lit, for one thing. Very dark and it enables people laying in wait.

Kaiser employees, I recommend you buy some pepper spray. Spray it RIGHT in their eyes as soon as they approach you: then they won’t be able to do much with a bat or a knife.

10 dw January 23, 2014 at 11:34 AM

They just now sent out a letter (11:20) to all employees describing what happened and how they are increasing security in the garages. They also state we can call them to meet us for escorting to and from the garage and the Walnut Creek police will also increase their presence. Those of us who get off work at the same time will continue to walk together to and from the garage

11 Antonio January 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM

@ Blink (5) Re: Claire (6)

I’m with Claire. Bats and knives don’t go off accidently and kill someone, nor can you shoot someone and kill them intentionally like you can with a gun.

And she’s right. Young white guys don’t carry guns like young men of others races do.

12 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

They need security…even without this episode

Ridiculous!

13 Dumbest thing I've read this month... January 23, 2014 at 12:15 PM

…thank you Antonio. White guys don’t carry guns? That’s why they are the first jerks to start spouting off about their NRA membership, their fantasy for legalizing conceal carry, and second amendment rights.

14 Craig January 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Perhaps you shouldn’t go in the garage by yourself at that hour. Do they have security guards? If not, walk to your car with a co-worker. Security in numbers.

15 chalkboy8 January 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I’ve seen better security at a GWAR concert.

16 tonic January 23, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Forget about tear gas, carry a can of wasp and hornet spray it’s available everywhere and you dont need a permit. It can shoot a direct stream of nasty stuff about 20 feet, aim for the face it will stop them cold!

17 mika January 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM

the Kaiser security guards remind me of mall cops. that is not a compliment! thry best be taking care of all the wonferful doctor, nurses and other health care personnel!

18 @claire January 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Maybe so Claire, and others, but old white guys do !

19 Miguel January 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM

I’m with Claire and Antonio. Young black and Hispanic men are much more likely to carry guns, especially if they’re gang members.

The truth hurts.

20 Atticus Thraxx January 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Jesus Miguel ….you and Antonio ever consider not ragging on Blacks and Hispanics? This uncle Tom crap you keep spitting out is gross. Have some damn pride man.

21 Angelica January 23, 2014 at 3:33 PM

@ Atticus—-21

They’re just keeping it real. People are harder on their own.

At least they have BACKBONES, which is more than you can say about some people.

I’m harder on Italians. Also have been, always will be.

If you don’t like the comments of others, DON’T READ THEM!

P.S. Blacks and Hispanics do carry guns more often, and I’m white.

Would you rather Miguel and Antonio make excuses for their culture, or tell like it is? Miguel’s Mexican pride is for a Mexican restaurant in Concord. Just read it on another thread.

22 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

@tonic
Wasp spray? Ha! What an idea! Don’t have to get as close as pepper. Only thing I’d worry about is the size of the can and if left in car when hot?

@Mica
Someone mentioned safety in numbers.. similar concept, the security guard doesn’t have to look like a body guard ;) Just the presence of another pair of eyes in the garage can deter…
If not, then cameras.

23 Marcus January 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM

@Atticus Thraxx……..#21

Having a bad day? First, you raging on the Water Cooler question. Then you’re ragging on a couple of guys you don’t even know. If you’re white, do you ever complain about white dudes? Or do you think all white people are perfect.

Keeping it real doesn’t make you an Uncle Tom. Black folks keep it real. They’re not PC…..in case you haven’t noticed.

Get a life, and stay out of the struggle of blacks and Hispanics. We have enough to deal with on our own.

24 Justin January 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM

HEY ATTICUS-CHILL OUT! You’re the one who’s looking pathetic. If you don’t think blacks and Mexicans are more likely to be packing heat, you’re pretty stupid.

I’d rather someone come at me with a bat or a knife than a gun. I can over take someone, I’m 6’5. I can’t out do someone with a frickin gun. They’ll kill me.

25 Nicole January 23, 2014 at 4:06 PM

I thought “Uncle Tom” was an expression used by African Americans.

Atticus Thraxx, are you a black man? If not, why would you even care?

I don’t think the WC question is getting stale. I think it’s you……..

26 I know lots of white guys who carry guns. January 23, 2014 at 4:09 PM

The difference is, they carry them for self-defense, so they’re not waving them around and robbing people.

27 WOW! January 23, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I guess people of color just can’t win. If they defend their culture, they’re accused of “making excuses.” If they criticize the white folks, they get accused of whining about “racism.” If they tell it like it is, they get accused of being an “Uncle Tom.”

WTF?????

28 Atticus Thraxx January 23, 2014 at 5:05 PM

Fair enough criticism I suppkse. Been a long week. You don’t mind hearing from Miggy and Tony how they heroically pull themselves out of the barrio everytime someone gets robbed have at it.And then bag on their own folks like somehow they are superior is the very definition of racist. That kinda conduct I can’t respect at all. It lacks honor.

29 @A Traxx January 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Thraxx, I’m sure you meant ” Jim Crow”, not Uncle Tom.

30 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM

@wow…yep you just can’t win ;)
Color or no color..

People of no color (LOL, love it..no color) defend their culture = racist
If they criticize color = racist
Tell it like it is = racist, bigot or fill in the blanks depending on what someone posts after this post – Ha!
Stay tuned….

31 Neal January 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Only one of them is from the hood, the other one is from here.

Miggy and Tony? I think you’re the one who sounds like a racist. Or just a jerk.

Are you a New Yorker? If so, that says it all.

32 Gus January 23, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Wasp spray, the dumb idea that won’t go away.

Blind someone with wasp spray and be prepared to hand them over the keys to your house and all of the money in your bank account. Read the label it warns against it being used for things other than its intended purpose. Civil suit, you loose.

Spray someone that was twenty feet away and you’ll be the one going to jail, hard to show you were in danger when they were on the other side of the street. You become the aggressor. Criminal charges you loose.

Pepper spray is intended for a specific purpose and won’t permanently disable anyone. And no you do not need a permit to have it. You can buy it from any sporting goods store. It will also fit in your pocket.

33 Selena January 23, 2014 at 5:26 PM

As a Latino, I respect people of color who keep it real, and call people out when they screw up, like criminal activity.

Atticus Thraxx, you sound like an a**hole. I don’t care what kid of week you had. Nobody’s sticking up for you.

And now you’ve gone from criticizing to mocking them.

Statistically, keep in mind who’s more likely to carry. I hope you don’t speak out like this in public. You don’t want to get shot.

I hope you don’t have any kids. You’re not providing a very good example. You’re acting like a two year old.

34 Mark January 23, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Wow!! @Antonio, Claire, Justin, Miguel and the rest of you John Birchers

To follow your logic, we should all look out for white students to shoot up a school. Can’t believe you know how to use a computer!!

35 Threaten me January 23, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I pull my gun

Continue to where I fear for my life

They die

It’s time good people stopped being afraid of criminals. We got to this place because of the foolish bleeding hearts.

36 Shelly January 23, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Bullies!

37 Antler January 23, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Gus…..just guessing here…..but I think word has gotten around to perps about wasp spray as to how far away it is effective, and what it will do to them! Carrying a can off it in open sight….and yelling “Hornet Spray” if being approached by thug types in a garage …… might be defense enough! ie, without ever actually having to use it. I have no idea whether you are correct about thugs being able to win a lawsuit; but “self defense” is a valid reason for taking such action to protect oneself, I should think.

38 Atticus Thraxx January 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM

#30 if you don’t know the difference between Jim Crow laws and the term “Uncle Tom” you best Wiki them.
Neal I’ve read enough of your posts to discount your opinion entirely.
Miguel and Antonio can confront me themselves.Or not. Doesn’t really matter. I have the high ground and ain’t giving it up.

39 Selena January 23, 2014 at 6:35 PM

@ Mark—–#35

Students who shoot up schools are usually white. What’s a John Bircher?

I still think Atticus is a racist.

40 Steve January 23, 2014 at 6:42 PM

Atticus Thraxx, you sound like a very unhappy person.

My guess is you’re lonely. Women can be alone and happy (and sometimes happier without a man).

Men need a good woman to keep them grounded.

I hope you meet someone. Taking your frustration out on a blog is childish.

41 I'M WITH ATTICUS THRAXX January 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM

You people are loony-tunes! It’s really all about snark, isn’t it with you?

42 Not Lonely January 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I don’t care who say’s what…why would I care?

But I think Atticus comes across as unhappy. Unhappiness is hard to hide. I hope he finds piece of mind.

Happy people stand out. Ever read Cassandra or Danielle’s posts? Always positive. Always generous. Always doing something fun.

The world would be boring if we were all the same.

43 Rum Dog January 23, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I have a can of mace, and I’d never rely on
it to protect me in a pinch. It is small, the
trigger is protected from accidental spraying
by a cover which makes getting your thumb
into position iffy, at best. In an attack, the
attacker would have to me virtually on top
of you to effectively use it. In such a
situation, I seriously doubt everything
would come perfectly together to allow
an accurate release of the spray. I think
I’d be engaged in hand to hand combat
before I could ever properly and effectively
discharge it. I’d say a can of bear spray
would give you greater odds of hitting
the attacker before they were on top of you.
Best of all, I’d want a taser to accompany
me through that particular parking structure
at Kaiser Walnut Creek. A friend carries
one, although she’s never had to use it.
Just having it makes her more confident
and 99% of not being a victim is being
self assured, or so I’ve been told by a
security expert.

44 Shelley January 23, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I had a long day at the office,. After reading of few of these posts, “all is forgotten.”

I don’t know what Antonio or Miguel ever did to Mr. Thraxx. Both of them seem mentally strong to me.

I’m beginning to wonder if Atticus is bi-polar. He’s either really nice, or a total prick.

45 Atticus Thraxx January 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

It’s true I am man of frailties and flaws.Imperfect to the bone am I. And really who isn’t lonely to some degree? But I know honor. And loyalty. And I recognize it in others.And when it’s lacking.
I’m using the term Uncle Tom because I can’t think of another to describe turning your back on your culture. And that it comes from men with the moral turpitude and drive to better their lot in life is even more shameful. I used the term because I wanted it to hurt.
If your calling me a racist its because you don’t understand the subject matter or what a racist is.
Neither of which concerns me.

46 Atticus Thraxx January 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Arrogant? I was thinking insistent. A turn off? That’s disappointing Alisha. I can bench well past my body weight and look like Brad Pitt. After he was dragged behind a car a few miles. That doing anything for ya?
Being grouped with Cowellian….ain’t no shame in that.

47 Antler January 23, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Atticus calls them like he sees them. There is great comfort in being around an honest man. And remember, he’s been drinking diner coffee outside of Houston….stand back and give the ranger some room or you’re just asking for it!

48 Keith January 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Since Miguel and Antonio don’t seem to be reading all this, they probably could care less. I doubt they would care even if they did read it.

Criticizing your culture (especially when it’s true) isn’t the same as turning your back on your culture.

A good example of turning your back on your culture would be OJ. His culture certainly didn’t turn their backs on him.

I’m a white guy and the first to admit that white men are much more likely to commit white collar crimes. Does that make me an “Uncle Tom” or a realist? I would say the latter.

I don’t know these two men. But they come across as realists. I would guess that Atticus doesn’t spend much time with people of color. He doesn’t know how to respect people who are different from him.

The only person you’re hurting is yourself. You’re making yourself look bad, and several people are calling you on it.

Where’s all your “online friends” to defend you?

CASE CLOSED!

49 led January 23, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Uh, I am pretty sure the Alam,mo thing was satire… as for all the racial nonsense, we unfortu ately have all colors of trash in Claycord. Plenty of white tweekers and wannabes to go along with our criminals of color.

50 Julie January 23, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Not sure what all this is about. I enjoy reading some people’s comments, and others I ignore.

If you don’t like the way certain people come across, perhaps it’s best just to ignore them.

I read about 10% on here. I’m more interested in the news. People can ignore my comments as well.

51 Cowellian January 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Now that Keith and Rick are here, the gang with only one brain has a quorum, and they’re going into attack mode.

52 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 9:46 PM

‘Hiccup’..Rum Dog..wot you do is yell em to hold really still with confidence. Then you tell em there is something in their eye and hold on you got to get it out. Then spray em right in the Iris!
‘Hiccup’

Anthrax – ‘hiccup’ I don’t think you’re a racist. I know all about them Crow people in Fresno or Is it Stockton.
‘Hiccup’
Anyway
‘Hiccup’

53 David January 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM

@ Cowellian——(54)

You left out Marcus, Justin, Nicole, Wow!, Neal, Selena, Not Lonely, Shelley, and last but not least, I know lots of white guys who carry guns.

Atticus is a jerk, and people are calling him on it.

If he can dish it out, he needs to learn to take it.

54 David January 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I left out Alisha. Add her to the list.

55 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 9:58 PM

‘Hiccup’
David for a minute there I thought I was in a romper room thread
‘Hiccup’ thank goodness it’s all a lie
‘Hiccup’

56 Huh? January 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Atticus Thraxx, you brought this on yourself.

David, you left out Angelica. Lots of supporters for Miguel and Antonio.

I don’t let people on a blog get to me. I don’t know them, and I don’t care what others think.

57 Wahine January 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM

HOW IN THE WORLD did this conversation get SOOO far off base??!! Seriously, you people (all races) NEED to get over yourselves, and try & stay focused, if for just a second?! daaaang…..
I work at Kaiser WC too & heard about it at 8:30am when I first came in. KRON was there taking pictures and site directors were talking to EVS people in the hallway about it all morning, but as dw stated, the email did NOT come out till about 11:30am. But, the whole incident seems rather suspect. At that time of night, there are hardly any cars up there, why & what would these suspects be thinking they might be getting?? Then taking the risk of having to drive down the windy garage (all the while on camera) & not get caught?? I understand the victim gave his wallet to avoid violence but unless they “know” this person to carry alot of cash, would it really be worth it?!…..My point is, almost every time something like this happens here, it’s usually from vindictiveness, someone knows someone or something behind it, and everybody “tries” to keep their mouths shut, until someone breaks. And, someone ALWAYS does……….
There’s a reason alot of Soap Operas are centered around hospitals

58 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Wahine – not payday at Kaiser (can’t tell you why I know ;) so how else would someone know the person has $. Are you suggesting a possible business transaction? Employee selling pedpans and discontinued latex gloves in parking lot? A live triangle? Or what?

Never heard of these ideas regarding hospital culture … ;)

59 Atticus Thraxx January 24, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Thanks Antler:)
Consider it done Julie.
David I never claimed otherwise, but I’m not wrong and you know it.
Viking Princess, your silly.
Huh, Brought what on myself? I ain’t suffering. In fact I enjoy engaging in subjects like this. You could also go back to reading about everyone’s favorite resturants or some such.
Kieth,Case closed? WTF are you, Judge Judy? Peel back the layers son and you’d know white people commit the white collar crimes because they have most of the white collar jobs.
Disappointed. Was hoping for a well reasoned argument from somebody, and all I got was this?
All flights out of Houston cancelled this morning so I’ll be here another day. Serious ice storm here. News says there’s a bunch of cars stuck on a bridge too they are trying to “rescue”. Grab some breakfast, go back to bed and I guess I’ll spend the day reading and maybe a workout. And another nap. Like me some naps.

60 @Wahine January 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM

“Is it worth it?”

Is it worth what? A couple of days in jail IF you get caught (which is unlikely)? Obviously it is, because thugs regularly stick guns in people’s faces for just a cell phone, which will be completely worthless as soon as the victim reports it stolen to his service provider.

The reward for stealing some guy’s wallet may be pretty low, but the risk nowadays is even lower.

61 Sweat pea January 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM

@ Antler—–50

“Atticus call them as he sees them.” Aren’t Miguel and Antonio the same thing?

Except Miguel and Antonio are calling out their own races (which they’re entitled to do) because when people of your own race screw up, it makes everyone look bad, especially really good people of that culture.

Atticus is constantly coming at these two, which just makes him look like a bully.

THIS IS 100% ON ATTICUS, AND HE KNOWS IT.

If he’s throwing in how things aren’t going well in Houston, that’s his problem.

62 Larkin January 24, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Poor Atticus. He’s “unhappy”! That did make me chuckle. Leave it to Claycord to turn a thread about a mugging in a garage into something oddly sort of sickly humorous.

63 Well.... January 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I think this boils down to spending too much time on a website. Don’t ruin it for everyone else.

If everything and everybody is getting to you, it’s you, not them. I think Claycord is an addiction for some, and we all know how enjoyable addiction can be.

64 I'M WITH ATTICUS THRAXX January 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

At least he can have an intelligent conversation when the opportunity presents itself.

65 Jacob January 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Atticus, what do you know about race? You’re a white guy!

You’re like a virgin talking about sex.

Marcus said it best. Stay out of the struggle of black and Hispanic men. If you had any common sense, you would already know that.

If you’re having a lousy business trip in Houston, get a new job.

66 Jess January 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Sometimes I agree with Atticus. Sometimes I don’t. But I always respect his opinions because because he seems like an intelligent and kind guy at heart.

I was very surprised to read all the criticism of Atticus’ comment. Racism and bigotry are ugly. It doesn’t make it any better if the person perpetuating the negative stereotypes is from the same racial or ethnic group. It doesn’t make it any truer, either. It’s just sad that they would want to contribute to the bigotry against their own ethnic groups, their own relatives.

Some of you are saying Miguel and Antonio are just “Keeping it real” because we all know black and Hispanic men are gun-toting criminals. So let’s take a look at some facts. The New York City police have a controversial stop-and-frisk policy. They can stop and frisk people just because they look suspicious, even if they have no reason to believe they’ve committed a crime. Not surprisingly, they stop many more minorities than whites because we all know minorities are more likely to be gun-toting criminals, right? 84% of the stops are of blacks and Hispanics even though they make up only 54% of the population in NYC. But it turns out the whites they stopped were much more likely to be carrying a gun than the blacks or Hispanics. They found guns on one out of every 49 suspicious-looking whites. But they found guns on only one out of 71 suspicious Latinos and one out of 93 blacks.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/05/22/NYPD-report-Whites-more-likely-to-carry-drugs-and-guns-than-minorities/8601369249255/#ixzz2rLF7EEiv

67 I'M WITH ATTICUS THRAXX January 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Who ever had a good trip to HOUSTON?

68 I'M WITH ATTICUS THRAXX January 24, 2014 at 11:08 AM

How do you people know old Atticus isn’t a person of color anyway? He’s probably LHAO that all you silly people (I’d say drips, but you’ld never get over it) are paying him any attention whatsoever.

69 calco January 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM

White isn’t a race? Hmmm

70 Michelle January 24, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Mean people SUCK!

Antonio and Miguel don’t attack others on Claycord, even when they’re attacked. Whether or not they’re reading the comments, or they’ll letting it roll off their back (or laughing at Atticus) for making an ass out of himself.

People who constantly criticize others suffer from low self esteem. They’re not happy unless they’re putting others down to build themselves up.

Nobody is for everybody. There will always be people who rub you the wrong way. People you know, people you don’t know, people you wish you didn’t know, etc.

You don’t have to like everybody, but you can get a long with everybody. Learn how to agree to disagree instead of being disagreeable and hard to get along with.

People who are disagreeable are in and out of jobs, marriages, friendships, and for the criminal element, jail.

I’m with Julie. If somebody on Claycord rubs you the wrong way, just ignore their posts. Or ignore all posts and just read the news stories. Why would you want to make yourself and everyone else miserable?

71 Now, Now January 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM

How do you know Miguel and Antonio are black and Hispanic?

In the words of Geraldo, “On the internet, you are who you say you are.” He was referring to online predators, but it’s true.

Miguel and Antonio could be elderly white women in Blackhawk for all we know.

Random Task is a good example. If that guy’s not putting on one heck of a show, I don’t know who is. He entertains the living heck out of me.

72 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I can say with a great deal of certainty, that being in Houston would make me unhappy.

73 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Now, Now@74,
Assume everyone on the internet is a 13-year-old girl (except for the 13-year-old girls, because they’re all FBI agents).

74 Scott January 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I’m more trusting of people who use their first names, vrs. a screen name or several forms of Anonymous. What are they hiding?

If I was the Mayor, I’d be even more trusting of people who include their first and last names in their emails. ( I don’t).

If you’re using your “entire real name” in your email address to Claycord, you have nothing to hide.

But I believe “most people” are who they say they are. It takes a lot more effort to come up with a story then to just be yourself.

Be nice to each other. If somebody gets to you, turn the other cheek.

Criticizing others is always more of a reflection on you than on others. It took me a long time to learn that.

75 Monica January 24, 2014 at 12:39 PM

The only thing I dislike about Claycord is the “Ted Nugent Free-For-All” comments.

It’s up to the Mayor as to what he posts. I’m sure it’s easier to post than delete, and he doesn’t know us, nor do we know each other. But people are human and humans have feelings.

If I was running this website (and I’m not…I’d go nuts), I’d be a lot more strict then he is. The comments that get by are not only sad, they’re pathetic.

The Mayor is very good about removing comments when others are offended. I’ve never asked to have a comment removed, nor have I ever had a comment deleted. (Watch this be the first). But I have noticed “removed comments”, so I’m assuming people complain, and comments are removed.

But these comments shoot down the theory that people are kinder to strangers, and harder on family and friends.

What is going on here is cyber bullying. I just hope everybody here is an adult, and a thick skinned one at that.

We all know what happens to kids that are cyber bullied. Thank goodness our kids are grown.

“Comments are closed” shouldn’t have to happen. People should use good judgment to begin with, and make the Mayor’s job a little easier……

76 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

@Cowellian

Hmmm…where have I read that before? Two different blogs other than this one. Is the comment an internet dating perhaps? Maybe Cowellian can shed some light on the subject ;)

OK to all the FBI agents in this site..listen up. First thing I want you to do is throw away your computer.
OK, now get a case of post it pads
Now that’s it, you’re set.

@Scott
Im feeling your statement but I think in regards to internet safety on any blog you might find professionals disagree. Not sure if you have heard of social engineering but some of the most notorious hackers out there started out with just that.
In fact, creating an environment where you are pressured to put out your real name and picture …possibly a seductive one…reeks of social engineering.
I do agree with you about emails and names for professional purposes.

77 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 12:44 PM

EeeeK
I meant internet saying

78 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

@Monica

I commend you and all those against bullying. Unfortunately, in the very distant past, I have seen some pretty terrible behavior on blogs

…if you consider this bullying, you’d be calling Mr O to announce some sort of law effective immediately if you seen what I saw and it was considered bullying by authorities.

I have also seen some very scrict blogs where you can barely express anything.

There have been some near misses towards me here. Never know who’s toes you step on but a person who is over sensitive with a chip on their shoulder on a blog is a recipe for disaster. They can look like and be bullies Cuz they keep egging another poster. Angry people should use other outlets.

So far I have enjoyed most things here and I think I know what.you meant about Ted Nugent? FYI – doesn’t happen often, first time I saw it and thought it was funny

Monica I commend you :)

79 Denise January 24, 2014 at 1:28 PM

@ Monica~~~~78

Very well said. I don’t attack others, and as far as I know, others don’t attack me. (It wouldn’t bother me if they did).

Cowellian did accuse me of being “Rick” once, but I just laughed it off. I wouldn’t do well as a man, and my husband would leave me. We’re happily married.

My name is actually Denise. That was my parents decision.

80 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 2:27 PM

VikingPrincess@79,
That bit of wisdom has been around since the early days of the internet, when AOL and CompuServe were actually online destinations instead of gateways to the rest of the net.

81 Atticus Thraxx January 24, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I said what I said because everytime a non white commits a crime one or both of them post something derogatory about Blacks and or Hispanics. Everytime. Usually attaching their rise from the barrio as a set piece. It’s gross and I wouldn’t let a white guy get away with it. Or should I tiptoe around any possible criticism becase they’re not white?
In Houston airport. 6:30 flight pushed back until 7:00 and I have a B-51 boarding pass and a four hr flight so it’s gonna be a long night. Luckily I have a great job or I’d be pretty bummed right now.
Heading to the bar.

82 Larkin January 24, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Houston sucks. Ugliest big city in the USA after Oklahoma City.

Very sorry for Houstonians. I don’t get why ANYbody lives there. Oh, wait: good paying jobs in the oil industry!

83 Linda January 24, 2014 at 4:22 PM

People need to keep in mind that “nobody wants to know exactly how you feel about everything.”

It irritates the living heck out of people.

It’s commonly known as having a FILTER.

84 Happy One January 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Atticus, you did what we all should have done. You called them out on their racist postings. That’s not being mean or a bully. That’s doing what’s right. Doesn’t matter if they’re really black or Hispanic or not. What they do is ugly and it’s wrong. Thank you for speaking up.

85 Yhe Phantom January 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM

Atticus Thraxx,

Miguel, Antonio, Angelica, and Selena claiming unique Latino identities all share a very similar type and style of composition, vocabulary, and syntax. This is very rare even on the “internets”.

Psychoceramics: me thinks not Latino but Task Troll!

And you are right…no honor! It was the tell.

Don’t miss Jess’ comment above…Jess January 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM others just playing pile on…funny, they don’t know what happened.

The four headed hydra seems to have emerged from the barrio as a young bigot…Stockholm syndrome?

86 Angelica January 24, 2014 at 5:38 PM

@ Yhe Phanton——(88)

I’m white, not Latino! I have blond hair and blue eyes, but my name is “Hispanic” sounding.

My Mom is 1/2 Italian. My Dad is German, Irish and French.

My husband is Italian, and several other Central and Western European countries.

We’re “white mutts.” I do believe Italians, Greeks, Portugese, etc. are considered white Latin’s, but not Latino’s.

Italians speak Italian, not Spanish.

I’m not familiar with you because I don’t post on the political thread, which is where you hang out.

Thanks for thinking of me!!!

87 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 6:06 PM

@cowellian #83

Ahh ha! …I was there! ;)

88 Denise January 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM

@Angelica…….#89

Wow! Don’t feel bad. Cowellian accused me of being Rick. I just laughed it off. I don’t know who Rick is. There are probably several Rick’s on Claycord. It’s a pretty common name.

The only person I know on Claycord is Mitch. We went to Mountain View, El Dorado and Concord High together in the 60’s and 70’s. We lived in the same neighborhood. I run into him at the Lafayette Art and Wine Festival.

Coweliian accused him of being “Mitch who’s car was stolen in a PH or WC apt. complex.” Mitch is VERY WEALTHY, but he hasn’t lost his middle class roots. He’s probably old enough to be that guy’s Dad. He’s “my age.” Like he’s the only Mitch in town.

I’m not a Facebook, MySpace social media person (my husband and I have this conversation with our young adult children), but I’ve checked out Claycord’s Facebook page, and the comments are nothing like this.

I also recognize a lot of names and pictures from old friends I grew up with.

My advice to anyone who enjoys Claycord, but is sick of all this crap, either read Claycord news stories and ignore the comments. Or check out the Facebook page. I’m sure Facebook has it’s issues as well (I don’t know anything about Facebook), but the comments aren’t like this.

A lot of people also use their first and last name, as well as their pictures, which will keep things more level. I know some of the names are legit because I recognize them! They were the same pictures I saw on Classmates.com.

Yhe Phantom is the person everyone can’t stand on the political thread. I don’t read that thread either, but you see the comments on the side, usually above the adoptable pets!

Consider the source………

89 Denise January 24, 2014 at 6:31 PM

@ Atticus—–#84

Who put you in charge of what other people say or feel? If you don’t like it, don’t read it. Are you their Mother?

Go back to Brooklyn. And you wonder why people can’t stand New Yorkers?

90 I'M WITH YHE PHANTOM TOO!! January 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

Unbelievable! All of the fun folks are getting picked on for nothing! Outrageous!

91 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

It wasn’t any kind of accusation, I just said that I was glad Mitch got his car back.

Apparently, that got on his last nerve.

Again.

92 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM

And thank you for sharing that, Linda.

93 Matthew January 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM

Sometimes threads get “way off track.” I think this is one of them.

This is more entertaining then Whole Foods-who takes the bus.

My wife is out of town on business, and our kids are grown. I’m too tired after a long week to hit the sports bars with my buddies.

I’m probably past that age anyway.

This is a cheap thrill.

Actually, this is sad. I don’t know what those two guys did to the other guy .

Ignore people on line who annoy you. Ignore people in general who annoy you.

It’s common sense.

94 Imagine This January 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Thraxx, one good session is all it takes. Don’t leave that bar until she says yes. Stay away from menopausal women. They’re not interested. Even if it lasts 30 seconds, you’ll come out a new man. Don’t come back until it happens. If you have to pay for it, that’s ok too. Just make sure it happens. It really, really needs to happen. Like tonight. Listen to Rod Stewart. Tonight’s the Night. Repeat. Tonight’s the Night. Everything’s gonna be alright. I hope you haven’t forgotten how. I’m talking about golf. Courses are open all night.

95 Justin January 24, 2014 at 8:00 PM

@Yhe Phatom——(88)

As usual, you have no idea what the heck you’re talking about. Antonio is black, Miguel is Mexican and Angelica is white. No idea who Selena is, nor do I care.

Talk about painting everybody with a broad brush.

When it comes to people you don’t know, there are two types of writing styles.

People who use proper grammar and spelling, and people who don’t. People who use paragraphs, and people who don’t.

Under your analogy, journalists who write for the LA Times are all the same people. I’m sure some of them are Hispanic also.

96 Justin January 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM

@ Happy One——-(87)

Those two guys aren’t doing anything wrong. They’re stating facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit a disproportionate amount of crimes, and everybody knows. Ever read prison stats?

It’s going to bother blacks and Hispanics more than white people.

If I have to explain this to you, you more stupid than I thought you were.

97 Enfield303 January 24, 2014 at 8:06 PM

Jeeez Atticus, I’m gone for only two days and you hijack a thread and set it ablaze. And you were not even in the state. Can’t send you anywhere.lol. Hope the trip home is better for you.

98 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM

@I’m with Yhe phantom too

Yea what’s up with this?…its like I’m getting hen pecked along with others. All these authorities on everything and commenting how much better facesmash is..wtf? Harping on subjects so boring my grandmother farted a dinosaur.

I think Yhe Phantom is correct. We have a troll infestation.

Go drink some ginseng tea or take a pill. Or better yet… let’s see if Cowellian remembers this?

DONT FEED THE TROLLS

Over

99 Justin January 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM

Cowellian, you get on EVERYONE’S nerves.

100 Justin January 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM

@ Viking Princess——101

You’re not the sharpest tool in the shed. None of your posts make any sense.

If you’re getting picked on, it’s your stupid posts. LOG OFF!

101 Cowellian January 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I’m glad to help.

102 Marilyn January 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

A hit’s a hit! This is a blog.

My husband (Joe) is from Martinez. Downtown Martinez, not the nicest part of Martinez, but Martinez. North Beach too. Washington Square Park. Is there a SFcord.com?

He played baseball very well, even though I didn’t quiet understand the game. Too many rules.

I preferred the movies. And mind altering substances.

I never had children, and my Mom had mental health issues.

Was it Robert Kennedy? Did he do it?

103 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 9:31 PM

@ Imagine This~~~~~97

Ain’t that the truth! There’s nothing worse than a man who hasn’t been “out on the course” for awhile.

He’s a lonely guy. Being happily married isn’t for everyone, but it works for me.

104 Yhe Phantom January 24, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Justin

Stay in school…if you are not in school, a school will be appointed for you.

At least two of our friends are alarmed that Yhe Phantom broke the façade.

Sweet Princess, I will return to the Dark Palace now, with memories of your
remarks. Incidentally, Angelica’s approach, harassing her own national group, is still prejudice and bigotry…she should not specialize, then it would be ok.

Just plain bad manners.

105 @Denise January 24, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hey Denise #92,

Crawl back under your rock. No wonder nobody likes you.

106 Sid January 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM

The racist cabal is really riled up tonight. They can dish it out but they can’t take anyone pointing out their crap for what it is.

107 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 10:54 PM

@ Yhe Phantom—107

You have serious mental health issues.

@Denise—-108

You’re just plain stupid. NOBODY LIKES YOU!!! You don’t even have the guts to use your name.

DENISE HAS A BACKBONE. SHE’S NOT SOMEONE YOU F**K WITH.

EITHER AM I!!!

Anyone who can’t use their REAL FIRST NAME is not only stupid, but spineless. What are you hiding?

108 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM

YhePhantom, Cowellian and #108
You are great – thanks
;)

109 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Atticus might want to keep his mouth shut.

110 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 11:02 PM

@ Sid—–109

Are you a racist? It takes one to know one.

111 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM

@ VikingPrincess—-111

Not this dumb broad again.

112 Marcus January 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Yhe Phantom is Cowellian. It’s very obvious. He’s also black, and an Uncle Tom. Not Jim Crow, Uncle Tom. I know the difference.

Breaking the façade isn’t that tough, is it?

@Denise is Thraxx. Stevie Wonder could see that. I haven’t decided if they’re black or white people from the wrong side of the tracks. Both very unlikeable.

I haven’t broken through that façade yet.

First Amendment to the constitution is a wonderful thing.

113 new jersey kid January 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

atticus is a closet racist. he’s from brooklyn, which means he grew up around a lot of blacks and latino’s. those are your most racist white people. instead of being angry at their parents for not raising them in a better neighborhood, they take it out on people of color when they live in ethnic neighborhoods. brooklyn is worse than the bronx. thraxx is 100% responsible for all this crap. he thinks he runs this site. him and that other one. he can dish it out, but he can’t take it. he’s a whiner. it’s all he does.

114 VikingPrincess January 24, 2014 at 11:52 PM

@newjerseykid
You really know your stuff. You just described a good friend of mine from Brooklyn. I like him a lot. He’s half black (but don’t tell him that) and he was raised by a black stepfather – Brooklyn cop.
Listens to country music and bad mouths blacks. But don’t agree with him it could get scary..ha.

Marcus – et al. Are you done talking like a truck driver?

115 Atticus Thraxx January 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM

-Sweet Pea if you’ve read and understood my posts and still feel that way, that I can almost respect (except the being wrong part). But I suspect you just scanned the headlines and start getting hysterical….as usual.
-Thanks Happy One. You said it better, but I had more fun.
-Michelle your points might be valid were this high school or some other den of arrested development. We are adults discussing emotionally charged issues and it does get nasty. Real nasty. All I can suggest is don’t play on the beach if sand in your drawers is gonna ruin your day. I have been called everything under the sun on these boards these last 5 years. Far as I can tell, I’ve suffered no permanent damage to my psyche.
-That Yhe Phantom and I agree on something is starting to scare the “S’ outta me.Your intellect is impressive. Yet the conclusions you come up don’t “track” often enough for me. Be that as it may, to your point(s)…Stockholm is close, but that’s not quite it. More complex I think.But that’s close.
-Sorry about that Enfield303. But I saw a target of opportunity that couldn’t be overlooked.
-Justin why in Dog’s name go after VikingPrincess? She brings no malice to these boards. Just kinda silly. Cowellian doesn’t get on my nerves. Please amend your sentence to “almost everyone”. Or more accurately “some people” and if you really what to put a fine point on it pretty much just ” you and a handful of others who become irrational, unreasonable and unable to recognize sarcasm”.Thanks
-#97 Thanks for the advice, I’ll be sure to ask my wife to read it and get her input before I make a move. She has strong opinions on these matters.
– Yeah Marcus I remember when I was 17 y/o. They didn’t have blogs back then so you had to actually go find the person and threaten them. Kids these days…..
-Try and be gentle with Denise if you can. She’s trying really hard, just doesn’t have any horsepower. That should be appreciated.
Good night Claycord!

116 @Marcus January 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Marcus, Aren’t you the cutest little thing. Let me guess. You’re in 3rd grade, right?

117 @New jersey kid January 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM

You nailed it, kid. That’s exactly what the idiots who post here sound like. Too funny. You have a future on Comedy Central.

118 Atticus Thraxx January 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM

I actually grew up amongst Hassidics and Italians #116 . I could actually see your IQ dropping the more you typed. Stick around Pauly Walnuts, I’m gonna have fun with you.
But I gotta get some sleep first.

119 Cowellian January 25, 2014 at 5:00 AM

It looks like Marcus is going to have one heck of a hangover this morning.

120 Harold Koslowska January 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM

The Kaiser parking garage in Walnut Creek had at least a couple of rapes in the parking garage. I used to volunteer at Kaiser back in the 90s. There is a security office on the first floor of the parking garage. However, the security guards cannot monitor all of the parking areas. There are several parking garages and many levels of parking. There are very few security guards and the hospital is quite huge. They cannot be everywhere at once. Just walking around all the parking lots would take hours.

121 VikingPrincess January 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM

@Atticus Thrax

A true gentleman. Thank you. Your summation and observations are spot on. I have not seen you do anything that warrants the attacks you received.

122 Atticus Thraxx January 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM

To be fair VikingPrincess I have not always been a gentlemen on these boards, so there’s some of that. But thank you.
I have a primal fear of Vikings so I’ll likely continue to be nice to you :)
I think we can all agree the parking garage on Newell is the root of all societies ills.

123 Jessie January 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM

2 of the people who did it are dating, the 16 year old male and the 20 year old female, and the 20 year old has a daughter to take care of, how stupid could you be?!?!?!?!?! i give up on humanity!