Creative Space is a new weekly column on Claycord.com written by Lisa Fulmer that features local art events and performances, inspiring interviews with creative movers and makers, DIY how-to projects for you and our home, plus fun craft ideas for the whole family.
Featured artist: Robbin T. Milne
Robbin Milne is a local painter in Concord whose work has been exhibited in art galleries and other venues throughout the Bay Area over the past 15+ years. Some of her work belongs to private collections here in California, as well as in Canada, France and Italy. She frequently teaches and has worked with the National Institute of Arts and Disabilities. She has enjoyed painting “en plein air” (outdoors) this past year, and now she’s planning a European sabbatical where she will work on a new series of abstract paintings inspired by her travels.
Robbin says of this painting above, “This was inspired by the trees I see on my daily walks. This particular image comes from Mt. Diablo State Park at the Mitchell Canyon entrance. Trees are very important to me…they have organic and figurative qualities. Sometimes I see them as friends with almost human-like shapes.”
Visit Robbin’s website to see more of her beautiful and inspiring abstract paintings, as well as portrait drawings.
- Now through Sunday, February 23 – New Neon: Light, Paint & Photography exhibit – Bedford Gallery, Walnut Creek
- Friday, January 24 8:00 – 10:00pm – The Delbert Bump Organ Quartet concert – Armando’s, Martinez
- Saturday, January 25 9:00pm – Blue Moonshine band – Vinnie’s Bar & Grill, Concord
- Saturday, January 25 through Saturday, March 8 – Beginning Weaving for Kids class – Walnut Creek Parks & Rec
- Monday, January 27 6:30-9:30pm – Painting for Beginners class – Lafayette Studio
- Tuesday, January 28 6:00 – 9:00pm – Chinese New Year Feast cooking class – Mt. Diablo Adult School, Pleasant Hill
- Saturday, February 1 5:00 – 7:00pm – Love at First Sight art exhibit and reception – Lafayette Art Gallery
- Sunday, February 2 1:15 – 4:45pm – Concord Knitting & Crochet Group – Concord Library
- Saturday, February 8 2:00 – 5:00pm – The Glover Group art exhibit and reception – The Art Cottage, Concord
Creative Space is a weekly column written by Lisa Fulmer that features local art events and performances, inspiring interviews with creative movers and makers, DIY how-to projects for you and our home, plus fun craft ideas for the whole family. Creative Space will be on Claycord.com every Thursday at 2pm.
As an avid creative junkie living in Concord, Lisa wants to make it easier for our readers to find ways to embrace creativity and celebrate the local people who are making it happen. In addition to her work as a writer and a marketing consultant, Lisa is a mixed media artist and a project designer for the craft industry.
Visit her blog to see more of Lisa’s own creative space.