SURVEILLANCE PHOTO: Cops Searching for Woman Who Allegedly Tried to Pass a Forged Prescription

January 22, 2014 8:00 am · 40 comments

drugs

Petaluma Police are searching for a woman (pictured above) who allegedly tried to pass a forged prescription that was stolen from the John Muir Behavioral Health Center in Concord.

Police say the woman tried to fill the forged Norco and Oxycodone prescription at a CVS in Petaluma on Jan. 20, but the pharmacist became suspicious after he wasn’t able to verify the prescription. The pharmacist then refused to complete the transaction and the suspect fled the store, police said.

Anyone who recognizes the suspect or has information can call the Petaluma Police at 707-778-4372.

1 Peanut Gallery January 22, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Imagine that….

2 Antonio January 22, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Does she work at John Muir Behavior Health Center? Is she a patient?

She had to have some way to steal the prescription.

3 The Mamba January 22, 2014 at 8:28 AM

She didn’t get the drugs so tl;dr.

4 inmotion January 22, 2014 at 8:49 AM

This ‘aint Florida.

5 anon January 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Wasn’t amphetamines.

6 Anonymous January 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM

If I had a daughter she would look like.. Oh nevermind.

7 jtkatec January 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Is that a damn hoodie she’s wearing?

Dang it, those hoodies just turn people into criminals.

8 Walnut Creek Resident January 22, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Why is this all over the place? I am sure there are other surveillance
photos that display much worse crimes than this. Happens every day.
It would be interesting to know how she got that prescription from John Muir in the first place. Perhaps this is why this photo is all over the place!! I just answered my own question. If she did this perhaps there are folks selling these prescriptions to other people…That would be very valuable to catch this or those creeps. Go get em!!

9 TinFoiler January 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Looks like she`s a grounds keeper from the bohemian club.

10 Meth monster January 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM

Dang!!!!! They almost caught my boo….

11 J. January 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM

She has an owl shirt on. Anybody know any 200 pound 5′-6″ African-American women that like owls?

12 anon January 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Guaranty you that only 1, lime green, owl with a top-hat shirt has EVER been sold. This is a no-brainer to solve.

13 The Professor January 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

She should have tried for Hydroxycut instead.

14 VikingPrincess January 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM

She’s a hoot!

15 Meth monster January 22, 2014 at 11:05 AM

#13 lmfao

16 Mr. Pink January 22, 2014 at 11:08 AM

@ J, #11. LOL!

17 russ January 22, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The pharmacist became suspicious when the passport photo was that of a 78 year old man

18 The Mamba January 22, 2014 at 11:55 AM

The pharmacist got suspicious when it was spelled Oxicotton.

19 JET January 22, 2014 at 12:17 PM

@The Mamba – good one! LOL

20 Shelly January 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM

VikingPrincess; She’s a hoot! Hahahahahahahahahaha !!!

21 VikingPrincess January 22, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Don’t think she’s from Petaluma. But do think she thought she could go to an area she could con. Guess she was wrong. Just because its the thumb wrestling capital of the world with a higher rate of countey bars per capita in the area doesn’t mean they are silly country folk.
She could have stolen from anyone.

22 Shelley January 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM

She’s rather distinct looking. They’ll find her.

23 jtkatec January 22, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Oh, man, there’s that “hoot” word being used.

24 H.Gibson January 22, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Easy throwing the Hoot word around!

25 J. January 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM

She’s got the smooth black Cleopatra hair-doo going on.

26 Mitch January 22, 2014 at 7:17 PM

WTF?

27 hmm January 22, 2014 at 7:40 PM

It’s people like that that make it so hard for me to get my meds!!

28 Marcus January 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM

She looks pregnant. Another drug addicted kid in the hood.

29 VikingPrincess January 22, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Not sure how CVS and the likes process prescription requests, but to avoid fraud most pharmacies connected to a health plan require photo ID before even looking further. In cases with some meds the ID info is recorded because another person can pick up a medication for you.

That pretty much makes a big difference. No mention if they collected and verified identity first and recorded her CDL # or other..if they did then why are we looking at this?

30 @Viking Princess January 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Not sure what you’re talking about, I don’t know of anyone who’s had to show a photo ID to pick up a prescription for controlled substances like these. CVS here in Concord requires an electronic signature to pick up, but that’s about it.

Most likely she tried to buy them “without insurance,” which- if she got away with the scam – would be expensive, but would be off the radar and profitable to sell. Any way you slice it, kudos to the alert pharmacist.

31 freckles January 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Has she got a hernia? Or is she just happy to see the pharmacist?

32 Silva January 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Gee, @VikingPrincess #32, I sure can’t p/u any of my controlled substance scrips w/o ID, not at KP, not at Costco, not at CVS, where my son has worked as a pharmacy tech.! What’s up /w that?

33 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM

#32 – you need prescription but not having insurance is not illegal. Obama care may fine you come tax time…but that would be ridiculous to require insurance for treatment. Prescriptions are treatment. You can pay out of pocket – why not? Some people vet treatment out of pocket for surgeries not covered such as plastic surgery.

An ID should be required and many places require it. Period. If CVS doesn’t they should.

34 anonanonagain January 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

@ Viking Princess, how do you know she’s not from Petaluma? The area has changed. I lived in Sonoma County for over 25 years and Petaluma is very diverse. You should go and visit some time. Tomales and Tomales Bay are beautiful and so is Inverness and Point Reyes……

35 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 12:27 PM

If Obamacare doesn’t wake up and work for all tax payers, I do not see it being a good for any level above middle class.

If it has managed to spread fear and thought processea that it is illegal to not have insurance, it is not serving the function of providing affordable healthcare and decreasing ostricization of those without.
They require it, but it should not be a stipulation to treatment. Never has been.

If you see a person injured on the ground the first thing you should do is check for consciousness Not insurance. If Obama care is creating a Darwinian mindset..it needs revamping or it needs to go

36 Employee January 23, 2014 at 1:13 PM

@Antonio, she’s definitely not a JMBHC employee. I am, and I have never seen her before.

On another note, the pharmacies with which I have dealt have always verified my prescriptions with my MD the first time I had them filled. But they’ve never checked my ID. I have people pick up my controlled prescriptions every once in a while, and they’ve never had any issues. Works well for me, but not so much for the war on drugs.

37 VikingPrincess January 23, 2014 at 4:28 PM

@anonanonagain

I have and I do go to Petaluma and cities in the county btw! I was there a few months ago. We stop there frequently.
Intact, a year ago we took a wrong exit at night and got turned around …pulled over to figure it out and the sherriff pulled over worried about our safety because a bad area and helped us find a gas station (northern Sonoma county.. barely Windsor). I know and visit the area.

Not sure what you are you implying?
My comment has to do with location and identification. If you are going to pull something like that in a town you’re from, knowing its tight knit..you are either new or aren’t from there. Her prescription was from out of county, correct?

Hey if she is from there she really blew it. Again…maybe they ID’d her.

38 Annonymous January 23, 2014 at 8:51 PM

All narcotic rx’s have to be verified with the physician’s office that wrote it.
JM behavioral health concord is a very small hospital, this picture should be shown to them & someone will most likely recognize her.

39 Julie January 23, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I pick up my brothers prescriptions all the time because his pharmacy is “closer to my house than his.”

All I have to give is his name and DOB. He picks them up when he comes over, which is all the time.

It is harder for him because of his work hours. But his prescriptions are legit.

40 Sweat pea January 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM

I think she’s very distinct looking. Maybe it’s the owl shirt and the hoodie.