Contra Costa Water District’s New “Water Saver” Newsletter

January 22, 2014 10:15 am · 17 comments

news

Sign-up today for the Contra Costa Water District’s new e-newsletter.

This newsletter will be delivered directly to your inbox, and will keep you updated on the water supply and give you some great water conservation tips.

Click on the image above to sign-up for the “Water Saver” newsletter.

{ 17 comments }

1 KJ January 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I just read that the Marin Municipal Water District has upped its voluntary reduction in water use request to 25% (from 20%). Of course, Marin’s situation is different from Contra Costa’s because it doesn’t get its water from the Sierras or the Delta; still, this is another indication that the drought is serious and people need to start actively finding ways to use water more wisely (and stop hitting fire hydrants!).

2 warbirds45 January 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM

The bumper sticker for the drought should read:
If it’s yellow, let it mellow
If it’s brown, flush it down!

Drink more Beer!

3 Saving Through Technology January 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM

High Performance Washer/Dryer – Check
Dual Flush Toilets (.9 / 1.6) – Check
Low flow shower heads – Check
Hot Water Recirculating Pump – Check

Believe I’ve done my part with time and money. Hey government, what are you doing? Planned water storage increases? Water reuse program development? Do something!!! You did nothing to prepare for this one. I did!

4 Kirkwood January 22, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Remember the temporary water main on the Richmond/San Rafael bridge that took water to Marin during the last drought? It occupied a full westbound lane.

5 KJ January 22, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Saving Through Technology (@3) — What do you call Los Vaqueros Reservoir, if not planning for this?

“CCWD’s Los Vaqueros Reservoir was expanded in 2012, and can now store up to 160,000 acre-feet of high quality water for the District’s customers.” http://www.ccwater.com/losvaqueros/

6 typical concord resident January 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Los Vaqueros reservoir was built by private funds, not the government. Look it up! The government is WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!1111111111111one

7 Ted K., Supermax January 22, 2014 at 12:22 PM

@5… CCWD is but one of numerous water districts. What are the rest of them doing for increased capacity given the State’s population growth?

Have you heard about SF analyzing to drain Hetch Hetch so nature can be restored?

8 Concord Mike January 22, 2014 at 12:48 PM

@saving technology , please tell me more about the “hot water recirculating pump”. How does it work? Who installs them?

9 Saving Through Technology January 22, 2014 at 1:43 PM

@Concord Mike
I had a plumber install it. Basically a line is added from the farthest water item (master bath shower) from the hot water heater. A small pump is also added. I use a timer on the pump. This set up circulates the water so when I turn on the shower in the morning I have instant hot water. I no longer wait for the water to heat up while watching 5 gallons go down the drain….. Get one!

10 Saving Through Technology January 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM

it provides near instant hot water to all areas (guest bath, kitchen etc.)

11 anon January 22, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Sorry. I have no plans for changing my water usage habits until Gov. Brown puts a moratorium on hydraulic fracturing in CA.

12 KJ January 22, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Typical Concord resident (@#6) — What “private” entity do you believe built the Los Vaqueros Reservoir? Why would voters get to vote on funding for it if it were “private”?

13 VikingPrincess January 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM

@warbird…LOL

Im thinking Jerry Brown might not like that saying. His opponent might live it though. What a campaign slogan

Eek!

14 Deliverer January 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM

This is an engineered drought. No doubt about it. Search weather wars.

15 ChampagneKitty January 24, 2014 at 5:02 AM

to Deliverer #15–You’re joking, right? You don’t actually believe that, do you?

16 Silva January 24, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Dear Mr. Mayor, This link doesn’t work. The 2 buttons where you should be able to choose either HTML or Plain Text, is already highlited on HTML. If you highlight the button for Plain Text the other one stays highlighted and you get an error message. Since I don’t know what HTML is, I’d like Plain Text. Any advice?

17 Silva January 24, 2014 at 9:47 AM