UPDATE: Possible Attempted Suicide Near K-Mart on Clayton Rd. in Concord

January 14, 2014 16:25 pm · 118 comments

We’re getting information that police are investigating a possible attempted suicide near K-Mart on Clayton Rd.

Although it hasn’t been confirmed, we’re hearing that somebody stabbed themselves in the back of a taxi cab.

Paramedics were performing CPR on the person, however, it is now known at this time if he/she pulled through.

UPDATE, 4:45pm: We’re hearing the person did not live, and it was in fact a suicide.

Rest in Peace.

101 VikingPrincess January 15, 2014 at 6:18 PM

@Menegene – You hit the nail on the head regarding those who cannot problem solve when the path gets too dark. They would not have a problem if they could. This is where patient advocacy is important with PPDepression. Proper follow up is important.

If that is what was the cause, its hard to believe she wasn’t showing signs. Where was her child when it happened? Not with her…I am sure there is much more to this than we will ever know.

102 lizzie January 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM

her age?

103 Good heart January 15, 2014 at 7:50 PM

People stop condemning peoples acts until you walk in the steps they have been faced with! We all make decisions that may have regret, some never understand or know the consequences of there actions! Stop judging!

104 Judy January 15, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Are there any updates as to who she is and why this occurred? please supply any new information. thanks.

105 Hayley Craigg January 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM

To all you nay sayers and haters, this woman deserves the peace that she wanted so desperately. Nobody knows what she was thinking or how she was feeling. This was a terrible incident and i hope she found her peace. My prayers and condolences to the family anf her children.

106 Libertarian January 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I have known people who have chosen for their reasons to check out because of pain, depression, old age, etc. I have also known those who are pathological enough to make a spectacle of themselves. I do not believe that this young mother was trying to make a statement. She was overwhelmed by her circumstances and could not see a way out except by what she did. My heart goes out to her family particularly to her young child who will understand it was no fault of his/her own. She should be a person who be allowed to rest without social judgement. Rest in Peace

107 @Viking Princess January 15, 2014 at 11:50 PM

I have to laugh when people try to be clever and pat themselves on the back at how witty they are (“LMAO”), only it’s awkward and the joke is completely irrelevant to the topic.

Here’s your cue card, keep it handy: TOPIC, using RIP in the comment section of a discussion forum (e.g. Claycord) or Facebook page, where it’s about the death of someone you’ve never met. Example, a celebrity or community member. Discussion, using or not using RIP.

Forget Legacy.com, where it’s friends and family leaving messages.
Forget newspaper obits, that’s print media.
Forget tombstones, it has absolutely nothing to do with the ‘net.

Good, I’m glad we got that clear.

So now let’s do a little exercise. Do a Facebook search on “Paul Walker.” Use the box at the upper left, “Search for People, Places and Things”? Type his name in.

Results, page after page of RIP Paul Walker. Strangers leaving their online condolences in public forums.

The end.

108 Laura Zah January 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM

“Phantomette”

109 Jane January 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I can’t help but notice that the most insensitive remarks come from posters hiding behind “Anonymous” and fictional names.

How very cowardly of you.

I can only hope that someday, when you find yourself in need, others afford you the compassion you are so distinctly lacking yourselves.

To the friends and family of the young mother; I am truly sorry for your loss. There are no words to “make it better,” but I will continue to wish you all peace and healing.

110 Julie January 16, 2014 at 8:23 AM

This is so sad and tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

111 Antler January 16, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Be thankful she killed herself immediately after having purchased the hunting knife. She might very well have gone home first to “make the baby be quiet” before committing suicide.

And it is already sad enough without all the pontificates judging the woman as though she were capable of rational thought in the midst of her despair.

112 @antler January 17, 2014 at 1:19 AM

@112

Your comment was very insensitive. Especially considering the fact in knowing her family is reading. Lets just help them heal by keeping unnecessary remarks off the blog.

@#111 Thank you for your genuine sincerity.

@#80 Best advice I have heard in a long time!

@everyone

SHOW SOME RESPECT!
No matter the cause of her untimely departure, she was still a human being like any of us. A valued life that was taken too soon from the ones who needed & loved her. I just don’t understand why any thing more even be discussed @ all!

113 Atticus Thraxx January 17, 2014 at 6:23 AM

So your running this blog now? The Mayor can decide what’s appropriate, pipe down hall monitor.

114 BMG January 19, 2014 at 12:36 PM

RIP.

Poor Person theres help out there, it breaks my heart to know this kind of stuff happening close to where i live.

115 briganomics January 22, 2014 at 9:54 AM

She had given birth 3 months earlier and was going thru post parteum Depression. Her child attends my childs daycare. Very Sad. Her boyfriend now has sole custody of the child who is doing well.

116 Tinabee January 23, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I can understand from a distance, this could seem like the act of a crazy, angry person–but I knew her, so I know different. She was going through a very difficult time. She had lots of friends and family who loved her and never saw this coming. Please don’t judge without knowing the whole situation.

Rest in peace sweet angel.

117 TaraM January 25, 2014 at 3:26 PM

I met and worked with her for a brief time during her pregnancy. She was a sweet and good person looking forward to the birth of her first child – although the pregnancy at times was a difficult one on a number of levels. The pain that she must have felt due to a number of heartbreaking circumstances is still so unreal to me. My thoughts and prayers go out to her parents, siblings and her sweet little baby…She will be missed.

118 Neighbor January 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM

This tragedy is so awful. I live down the street from her and her son was to start daycare with my daughter next week. I hadn’t yet met her in person, but I know she was a nice lady, but was going through a difficult time and struggling through a lot. I knew something was wrong that day when I went to pick up my daughter and there were 2 cop cars in front of her house.

I think some of these comments about her being selfish are uncalled for and unfair. Imagine how dark and lonely and helpless of a place she must have been in to follow through with what she did. Prayers to her poor husband and newborn son who will never have any answers.

Have some compassion and put yourself or someone you love in her shoes.