CHP Seeking Witness to Crash that Killed Concord Man in Oakland

January 14, 2014 11:20 am · 9 comments

A motorcyclist who died in a crash on westbound Interstate Highway 580 in Oakland early Friday morning has been identified by the Alameda County coroner’s bureau as David Rosie, a 42-year-old Concord resident.

The crash happened around 6:20 a.m. near San Pablo Avenue, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Emergency crews found Rosie ejected from his motorcycle, which was in the center median, according to the CHP. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

CHP investigators said it appears Rosie veered to the left and hit the guardrail, and was then struck by a GMC Yukon.

The Yukon was then hit from behind by a BMW.

Those drivers stopped at the scene, but the CHP is still trying to locate the driver of an early 2000s blue Chevrolet Silverado that swerved around Rosie after the crash and kept going.

© 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. — Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reuse without the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

{ 9 comments }

1 Anon January 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Too bad it wasn’t David Rosen.

2 Frank L. January 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I hope the CHP locates the other witness.

3 @Anon #1 January 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Stay Classy!

4 Alayna January 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Godspeed my dear friend. I’m missing you like crazy. You’ll be in my heart forever. :’(

5 Fellow Rider January 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I rode past soon after…such a sad scene. My heart goes out to your family and friends. Ride safe.

6 Rose Nyland January 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM

How can someone swerve around a body and keep going. Stop and help nasty troll, have you no heart?

7 Angelica January 14, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I don’t understand why someone would keep going either, but I guess some people don’t care about anyone but themselves, and just don’t want to get involved.

I hope the CHP finds the other witness too, but I don’t know how good a witness this person will be. “I didn’t see anything.”

8 N.C. Biker January 14, 2014 at 3:43 PM

The Brotherhood of Motorcyclists
Mourn your passing Friend,
With sincere Condolences to your Family.

9 Mindy January 15, 2014 at 3:47 AM

I miss you super Dave. I still can’t sleep at night. You were the most amazing man I have ever met and I will think of you til my last breath. Unlike the person in the blue Silverado, your life planted seeds of honor and change in those who knew you and loved you. You had a way of making a person want to be a better person. Thank you for all the awesome memories that I hold dear to my heart, those can not be taken. You served your country and continued to serve your fellow man selflessly on a daily basis, and for this, I honor you. See you in heaven, Super Dave. -Mindy