Charlie – Missing from His Home in North Concord Since Jan. 12

January 14, 2014 10:30 am · 27 comments

cat

This is Charlie, and he’s missing….

Charlie is six years old and went missing Sunday, Jan. 12th from his home on Calgary Lane in N. Concord. He is black & white with extra toes on each of his paws. He is micro-chipped and wearing a light blue collar with a pink pet id tag. He is a very friendly cat but has had seizures in the past. I miss him terribly.

If you’ve seen him, please email news@claycord.com and we’ll get you in touch with his owners.

{ 27 comments }

1 Anon-e-Cat January 14, 2014 at 12:18 PM

Wow – He could be related to my cat. Hope he comes home soon.

2 Sheila January 14, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Charlie is a beautiful cat! I hope he makes it home safely.

3 aileen January 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Thanks everyone. He really is a sweet cat and gives the best hugs EVER! aileen, Charlie’s mom

4 Angelica January 14, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Charlie is a good looking kitty!

Your Mom’s waiting to hug you. Come home soon…….

5 VikingPrincess January 14, 2014 at 1:30 PM

If the readers here can recover a boat… we can help with this well kept family member.

Good he is chipped…hoping he didn’t return home because he was injured. My kitty did this and came home several days later with a few broken bones. He went to the vet and after he healed he lived a long happy life.

Will be on the lookout. Let us know when he comes home ;)

6 mohairs January 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM

what a sleek and gorgeous kitty! enough pussy-footing aound — please come home now Charlie! best wishes and prayers to Mom.

7 Amy January 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Leave food out. He is probably just “catin” around.

8 Keeping an eye out January 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM

for this wayward guy. Hope he gets home soon.

9 Incognito January 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

@aileen
I will surely keep an eye out…. stay positive.
In December 2012 an orange tabby suddenly showed up in my neighborhood and started hanging out at my house. I looked on Craigslist under lost and found and saw a listing with what appeared to be a very similar cat. I contacted the person, sent him photos of the cat hanging out at my house. Sure enough, found the owner. His cat had been missing going on six weeks! It was a nice ending. Glad his kitty ended up at my house.

10 Here Kitty Kitty January 14, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Come home Charlie!! Your mama misses you.

11 mutts January 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM

He’s a handsome boy, let us know when he comes home.

12 nee January 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I don’t know if you live by mobile homes off Olivera &Solono they put cages out with food to trap cats& raccoons etc. that is cruel it happened to my daughters cat!!!

13 Lari January 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM

@aileen: Charlie looks just like my cat, Rico Suave, who died last year of CRF. I hope he is OK….I know how you feel. @nee: re: trapping of cats and raccoons – the residents do this? And then what? I know cat rescue organizations do this to try to control feral population (get them fixed), but what you are writing about sounds more nefarious.

14 it'smE!! January 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Hope he comes home soon let us know when he comes home he’s a really cute cat!! ,)

15 Klav January 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I saw a found cat sign up in the state streets area today for a black and white cat. Didn’t look at it too long. But you might want to look into it! Hope you find your kitty.

16 Ted K., SuperMax January 14, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I suggest searching for the cat using a strong flashlight. Cats’ eyes have a reflector in the back of their eyes which amplifies light allowing them to see in low light conditions.

They’ll reflect back at you. Be prepared to see lots of eyes.

17 Shelley January 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM

What a gorgeous cat! I hope me comes home soon.

Being micro chipped and having a bright collar should help.

Keep the faith!!!

18 Lesley January 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I live on Barbis Way off of Clayton Rd., there is a Tuxedo Cat that lives on our street, but yesterday or the day before, I did see one that looked different, the face was different. It was from a distance though so I don’t know if it was Charlie or another neighbordood Texedo Cat. I will look around here, we lost one of our cats for three weeks last summer, and he did come home and is now an indoor kitty, but I know how you feel!

19 Teacher January 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I hope Charlie finds his way home. I myself have a cat who got out but got him back after a couple of days. I pray that Charlie does too.

20 Teacher January 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Does anyone know if Charlie has returned home?

21 aileen January 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to your prayers, good wishes, etc. Charlie has come home. I am very happy. He is always snuggling with me right now. He is definitely “grounded” for a very long time. In the midst of the joy I feel with Charlie’s return, my heart is broken because yesterday his older sister, Tanya, who was 18-1/2 years old passed way yesterday.

22 VikingPrincess January 17, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Yay! Thanks for letting us know. It’s great news!

Welcome Home Charlie!

23 Marcus January 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM

@ Aileen-21

Glad to hear Charlie returned home safely.

Sorry to hear about Tanya. Losing a pet is always hard. 18 1/2 yrs. is a good, long life.

24 teacher January 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I am so happy to hear Charlie is home and I am very sorry for the loss of Tanya. Losing a pet is never easy.

25 Neal January 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Aileen, it’s nice to hear Charlie returned home safely.

Losing a pet is tough…sorry to hear about Tanya.

26 Silva January 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Aileen, I’m so very happy you have Charley back home! And so sorry for the loss of Tanya. Is Charley normally an indoor cat? That is really the best way to keep him safe. It may be hard at first, but you can do it. My cats are now just indoors. It just kills me when I see someone’s beloved pet dead on the road. I’m really glad for you that he’s back, and thanks for letting us know!

27 Miguel January 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Hey Aileen, glad Charlie came home. Sorry about Tanya. Losing a pet is always hard.