No Rain the Forecast – High Temps Expected to be in the 70’s

January 13, 2014 8:20 am · 15 comments

After a few sprinkles of rain dropped around the Bay Area over the weekend, the region is set to enjoy another dry, warm and mild week of weather, a National Weather Service forecaster said Sunday.

Starting today, daytime temperatures were expected to reach the upper 60s in San Francisco and lower 70s in inland valleys and the South Bay, forecaster Bob Benjamin said.

A stable ridge of high pressure, which has kept Bay Area temperatures high and rainfall low so far this winter, is re-settling over
the Eastern Pacific after a small front passed through the region on Saturday, Benjamin said.

Rainfall from the storm did not surpass a few hundredths of an inch in most locations, Benjamin said.

As daytime temperatures around the Bay reach into the 70s this week, nighttime lows were expected to remain cool, with some inland valleys in the North Bay forecast to dip into the 30s, according to the weather service.

There is no rainfall in the forecast, though temperatures could cool down slightly starting on Friday, Benjamin said.

1 aj buttacavoli January 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM

I have begun conservation measures by adding Clorox to the toilet so I don’t have to flush so much during the day for number ones only.

2 Sinclair January 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM

While I love California and the beautiful weather we are so blessed to have the thought of another potential water shortage has me concerned. I hear there is almost zero snow in the Sierras. Not good…

3 Dr. Jellyfinger January 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

aj, that is disgusting! Just pee in the backyard (it will keep the bobcats away).

With weather in the 70’s there is sure to be a run on sun screen and cold refreshments. I’m going to try to beat the riot that’s sure to come & stock up now before the severely mild weather strikes!

4 Dorothy January 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Rain dancers wanted. Last ones did not perform very well.

On the radio a few minutes ago that the air will be gunky again by mid week. Spare the Air on the way again?

5 Julie January 13, 2014 at 9:38 AM

It doesn’t even feel like winter. I like it cooler.

We need rain!

6 TinFoiler January 13, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Geoenginering / chemtrail = FAIL! Thank goodness, leave our skies alone.

7 Drinking Salt Water January 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM

An remember the two 33 foot diameter moonbeam tunnels under The Delta to ship our drinking water South are buried in the water Bond measure that’s on the November ballot. They will suck out 64,000 Gallons of water PER SECOND and ship it South. Enough water to fill TEN Olympic size swimming pools every minute.

8 aj buttacavoli January 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM

OMG! Pee in the back yard? My wife would kill me! She already has the family jewels under lock and key!

9 Science political January 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM

How long before La Nina is blamed on global warming?

10 Science political January 13, 2014 at 10:56 AM

NOAA/ National Weather Service Monthly Climate Outlooks

11 Incognito January 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Miss the green hills.
This summer will be interesting.

12 Dorothy January 13, 2014 at 12:18 PM

@aj buttacavoli – your wife has you in a chastity belt for men?

13 Bubbles January 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

This weather is crazy warm days and then freezing nights. The nighttime is winter but the daytime is confused. There’s no snow and no rain this is bad. I see major increases in the water bill coming.

14 aj buttacavoli January 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Yes, from Tiffany’s.

15 ClayDen January 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I’m afraid I’m going to have to choose between saving either my front or back lawn; hopefully will not be forced to let both die.