The Concord Police Weekly Burglary Report – 24 Burglaries in the Past 7 Days

January 10, 2014 10:10 am · 27 comments

burg1

This week, Concord had 24 burglaries. The week before, Concord had 27, and before that, Concord had 17 burglaries.

The last two numbers in each address have been deleted to respect the privacy of the victim(s).

According to the Concord Police, the report shown above might not include burglaries that are still under investigation.

The Concord Police Burglary report on Claycord.com is brought to you by ADT Home Security. Protect your home with a special Claycord offer. Save $200 off installation when you use the Claycord PROMO CODE.

1 anonymouvictim January 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM

How about making burglary a top priority Chief?

2 Alicia January 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM

How about not leaving anything in your vehicle, including the trunk? That will reduce vehicle burglaries, but it won’t eliminate them.

How about closing your windows at night (unless you’re upstairs), and if you’re downstairs, crack the window with a wooden stick? How about making sure all your doors, including the dead bolt are locked? How about having a security screen on your front door?

Works for us. Never been victimized, and I’m in my 50’s!

3 Noj January 10, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Don’t find a “Pancho Via Way” on Google map…

4 Idiocracy January 10, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Yeah this report sheet seems to be getting longer every time its posted. What are the police actually doing about this stuff? I guess it comes down to putting money into your security.

5 Katie January 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Was at InShape in Concord last night working out from 6pm-8pm and between that time my GF’s truck window was broken. I have to mention that she has tinting on the window so the amount of time that the person spent to break into the window took more then just throwing something at it. Nothing in the truck was taken but we did notice a man in a red van that had parked two spots next to us that seemed off. He also backed into the park spot instead of pulling in. I must add that InShape doesn’t have cameras on the parking lot so we weren’t able to find out who it was. If anyone seen someone or has follow up information please comment!!!

6 Katie January 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Idiocracy:

Personal experience as of LAST NIGHT my GF’s truck was broken into, I called Concord PD and they can’t do anything about it except tell you to go online to report it. Online they give you a case number. If you call the police they wont come.

7 Gosh, Alicia January 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Thanks for that brilliant advice. We never thought about locking our doors.

Congratulations on never being burglarized. You’re in the same boat as 90% of us. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen to you. Burglars can break windows, you know. They do it all the time. And not leaving anything in your trunk might save you from having your stuff stolen, but you’re still going to need a new window.

8 K January 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM

@ Gosh, Alicia:

Yeah burglars can break windows but if you know about window tinting. The window was tinted three times. The only way they were able to break the window was with a pry bar. The window itself is all held together still with the tint and nothing in the truck was taken just the window was broken.

9 Marcus January 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM

@ Gosh, Alicia-7

I’m with Alicia. Most burglaries, vehicle and residential, can easily be avoided with good judgment.

Most crime could easily be avoided if people learned to think outside the box.

I don’t know about residential burglaries, but most vehicle burglaries happen because people ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO LEAVE THINGS IN THEIR VEHICLE!

10 Richardsfamily January 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM

ok, there is something fishy. The Dormer address is a neighbor of mine and her house was broken into, but it was 1 month ago not in the past 7 days.

11 Keith January 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM

We live in WC, so Concord burglaries aren’t on my radar screen.

But Alicia is using common sense. A lot of crime could easily be avoided with good judgment.

12 Antonio January 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM

@ Richards Family—10

The Dormer address could be another burglary. Only the first 2 numbers are listed for the address.

My guess is your neighborhood was victimized again, and you’re not aware of it. Dates on police reports are accurate.

If you didn’t know before, you know now. Another burglary, Jan. 2.

13 Really People January 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I had my house broken into last year, I have three locks on the front door, twou on the back door. They came in through the back door. We installed an alarm. But when are we going to rise up and stop blaming the victim. We should feel safe in our own homes and unfortunately we are not anymore. My house was robbed on a Sunday morning while I was at church. The Police response was horrible. It happened at 11:00 am, and they did not get there until 8:00 at night. They apologized. I called them twice to say just forget it and we would just put our stuff back, but they said that they were on their way and to jsut hang on. They said that three times. Last month I am standing outside talking to my neighbor in the morning and someone just jumps in her car. Drives off. She has not yet even gotten her car back. I live in what I thought was a nice part of Concord. Until we as a society rise up and do something, we will not be safe. Our belongings will be stolen. I have had enough. Have you…i mean beyond posting mean comments to people who have been victimized. Have you ahd enough?

14 Justin January 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM

@ Really People-13

So someone hops into your neighbors car and just “drives off?” Were the keys in the ignition?

You had two locks on your back door, and they broke in? Were they good locks, including a dead bolt, or cheap locks?

I’ve never been victimized. There’s a reason for it. I don’t set myself up.

15 Victim Blamers January 10, 2014 at 1:30 PM

The posters blaming the victims ARE the burglars. It makes them feel justified.

16 Wake Up January 10, 2014 at 1:59 PM

@ Victim Blamers—#15

You’re a moron. People blame the victim when they deserve to be blamed.

Like leaving your keys in the ignition. That’s a good idea. Why didn’t I think of that?

17 Really People January 10, 2014 at 2:11 PM

She was standing by the door of her car getting in. He just pushed her out of the way and jumped in and took off.(She is 5 month pregnant BTW) So are we now supposed to be covered when we get into our car? And as far as the locks go, the Police said that no matter what you put on your door if a Criminal wants to get in, they will find a way. I do all the things I am suppsoed to. My husband was born and Raised in New Orleans,. We kknow how to be street smart. Really are you that ingorant. When we are a society that no longer cares for other’s then we are a society that is doomed. Just makes me sad.

18 Concord Mike January 10, 2014 at 2:20 PM

@reallypeople,

Whereabouts do you live? What is you perception of police protection in your part of town?

19 iscoffy January 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Yes, there are ways to make it less likely one will be burglarized (have a dog, an alarm, cameras, motion detector lights, good locks, dowels, don’t leave windows open, etc.), but if someone is really determined to break in, there’s no magic that says that because you put measures in place, you will never be robbed.

20 Richardsfamily January 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Antonio, I would agree with you a 100 percent, but there are only about 6 homes in the 3600 block (the street dead ends, and we all know each other really well, its a puzzle for sure.

21 Marcus January 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM

@ Really People~~~20

You live in the ghetto area of Concord. Deal with it, or move to a nicer neighborhood.

The truth hurts.

By the way, Concord isn’t a “huge town”. That would be NY or LA.

22 @ Marcus January 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Are you always a jerk?

23 . January 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

“Never been victimized, and I’m in my 50′s!” Must not ride bart.

24 C g January 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Well knowing that nothing was in my truck or was taken means I wasn’t “stupid enough to leave somethig of value in my car.”

25 Concord Mike January 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM

@reallypeople, I agree with you. Neighbors need to look out for neighbors.

Last year my wife and I caught thieves driving through our neighborhood stealing mail, packages, and stuff from cars. I took a picture of the suspicious vehicle, called the police, and 30 minutes later CPD caught them with a trunk load of stolen stuff.

26 Home Girl January 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM

I think neighbors need to look out for neighbors too.

People in good neighborhoods are more than willing to look out for each other.

People in bad neighborhoods (who really need to help each other) don’t want to get involved. They don’t trust each other, they don’t want someone saying “mind your own”, etc.

If I could just be a rich, white person for one day.

Sorry, it’s been a violent day in Concord……

27 Atticus Thraxx January 10, 2014 at 8:40 PM

“If I could just be a rich, white person for one day”. It’s a burden. You wouldn’t believe the taxes. Obscene really.