Strong-Arm Robbery at the Downtown Concord BART Station

January 10, 2014 · 22 comments

A strong-arm robbery occurred at about 1:15pm on Friday at the downtown Concord BART Station.

The victim lost a cell phone during the robbery, but was uninjured.

The suspects were last seen running towards CVS on Clayton Rd. They are described as three black male juveniles. Two of the suspects had light colored hoodies one was wearing a light green t-shirt, according to BART PD.

1 Noj January 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM

No cops around that place…EVER!

2 Justin January 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Over a cell phone that can be tracked? I hope it was an I-phone. At least it’s worth something.

My friends car was broken into the other night, and they had enough common sense not to steal his cell phone out of the glove box. GPS will track you down, and you’ll be arrested.

3 Suzanne January 10, 2014 at 2:07 PM

The Concord Bart station is right next to the police department. That was brazen!

4 white boy January 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Hang them boys

5 VikingPrincess January 10, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Someone may need to help me on this one…strong armed…means? Physical force?
Geeze, for a phone? I hope the guy threw it at their heads as a defense after pushing the emergency 911 #.
My word.

6 Peanut Gallery January 10, 2014 at 2:42 PM

TYPICAL…..everytime it’s the same description. Didn’t have this trouble 20 years ago……..section 8.

7 concerned January 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

If anyone trys to steal something like a phone, Wallet , or purse, throw it as far dad you can, when they go after it, run for your life!

8 concerned January 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM

As*

9 Marcus January 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM

@ Concerned~~~6

That’s what law enforcement recommends. Nice of you to mention your Dad, even it’s not what you meant……

10 RANDOM TASK January 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM

what is everyone shocked over …juveniles know that the prisons are being emptied ( friends and relatives getting out ) there is nothing the cops can do accept release to parents and we all see how good that is turning out ………oh and fight back and heaven forbid knock one down ….you get sued by their parents ….love those dem laws they are really securing those votes …funny how the criminals are all wearing hoodies …..profiling and search and question …nope the dems have ousted that as it hampers their overall control

11 the other jj January 10, 2014 at 4:14 PM

new phone app…STUN GUN

12 RANDOM TASK January 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I would like to see a more terrorist on a plane approach …everyone chips in and mobs the criminals….a few of those happen and petty criminals will think twice at least …..if the city ( that we pay ) has no problem with having criminals taking advantage of the lack of police and or repercussions …..than we need to protect ourselves …..oh wait they took that away too ……..seems the dems are creating their own criminal metropolis…..

13 If you're going to throw your phone and run away January 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM

You might as well just give it to the robber. At least that way there’s some chance of tracking him. If you do it your way, you’re still out a phone and nobody gets busted.

14 horrible January 10, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I fear that things will get worse and then really, really bad.

15 Jesus Morales January 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Eliminate money save the world… crimes of opportunity and crimes for money would be greatly reduced, if not eliminated. Oh yeah and while I’m here being right and pissing off all the Capitalists & Conservatives, let’s just say that we might as well eliminate guns too because if there’s no more guns no one gets shot…ever again.

16 Atticus Thraxx January 10, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Don’t live in fear horrible #14. Study the problem, get yourself trained and armed properly. Trouble comes your way be smart first, act decisively second and remember to reload third.

17 BUCK426 January 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I was driving towards big 5 this morning and swear I saw those 3 “boys”

….they were j-walking, standing half into the street as I came driving around the bend, so i honked at them so they would get dafuq out of the way. Of course they yelled out some “hey ninja, booga booga, shet man jive” but I just kept going.

What I am getting at is these boys need serious beatings, as they surely didn’t get them early on in life from their fathers..

18 BUCK426 January 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM

@ 11…remove “stun”

@15 …pull your cabeza from your culu… seriously, lemme guess – glad you get health care and don’t have to prove citizenship?

19 Lari January 10, 2014 at 9:32 PM

@Buck426 re: your comment about their not getting serious beatings early on from their fathers. That’s because they probably didn’t even have a father in the picture – or know who their father was.

Folks: take your headphones out and put your smartphones away (in purse or pocket) before you get off the train and keep there until you get to your car. And yes, the police station is close to BART, but these thugs ran towards CVS, which is in the opposite direction/not in view of the station. Even so, it’s not like the cops are out and about much there anyway. I usually park in the Mesa lot that’s adjacent to the station (the back of the bldg) and I rarely see them.

20 nabor January 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM

wow that the same time olympic high gets, and kids with hoodies concord pd check it out

21 Wowoowowow January 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Hmm wonder if its those three same African American juveniles I saw standing in front of CVS as I walked out from Big 5 I had my phone out and they were eying me and seeing of it was a good model. I was preparing for a scuffel!!! Cant let your guard to them when your on your phone and they eye you.

22 Funny... January 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I think it’s funny that Bart police had time to leave a ticket on my parked car this week, for no front license plate. But, they were MIA during a “strong-arm” robbery?