UPDATE: Woman Injured in Drive-By Shooting in Concord

January 10, 2014 16:17 pm · 109 comments

shooting

heli

At least one person has been injured in an afternoon drive-by shooting on Grant St. in North Concord.

The shooting occurred at about 3:40pm on Friday.

We’re hearing the victim, who is a woman, was possibly shot in the back of the head.

The suspects are described as black males and black females who were possibly in a maroon Honda four-door. Witnesses say the passenger reached out and shot several rounds. One suspect had long dreadlocks.

Police are currently in the area searching for the suspects.

Police believe this shooting could be related to an earlier fight at Mt. Diablo High School in Concord.

UPDATE, 5pm: At least two people have been detained. It is unknown if they have been arrested.

The search has been called off for any other suspects.

The condition of the victim is currently unknown.

We will give you another update when police release more information.

UPDATE, 5:53pm: A CT Scan was done on the victim. Her condition is still unknown.

101 concerned citizen January 11, 2014 at 12:46 AM

How do u get illegal guns off the street? You lock them up for 25-50yrs for illegally possessing a firearm. Simple as that. First time offenders get a slap on the wrist. There is no real punishment dished out until they actually shoot someone. Its maddening

102 Silva January 11, 2014 at 11:45 AM

@lala #86; if you are advers to reading a multidude of racial slurs, don’t read anything here!

103 Silva January 11, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Concerned Citizen #103; that’s a novel approach!

104 RANDOM TASK January 11, 2014 at 2:02 PM

ugh so everyone still just comments and sticks their head in the ground saying it happens to everyone else ……..well done just what the dems want you to do ……..grats

105 Kirk January 11, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Mr Task, I loaded two pistols while the chopper circled. I got my flu shot today, tomahawk tucked by my car seat.

Although I have been dismayed by your punctuation, if you ever see an Indian at the evora range with a dew rag stop and say hi.

That goes for you too NRA.

106 Suzanne January 11, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Well, Rapid rate, it seems you have issues.

107 surf mom January 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM

great – I just enrolled my son at Mt Diablo … and live right down the street , actually couldn’t get he after buying gas at Bonfaire yesterday , what are we doing here?

108 Polywifey January 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I have lived in Concord my entire life, some of these comments make me LOL. A shooting in Concord is so rare, that this is probably the only one or the two I have ever heard of. People need to calm down. Concord has changed yes I agree, but it is not going downhill. It is still very quiet and is considered a “square” town, meaning it’s boring to some cause nothing happens. There is crime everywhere. We see the crazies every now and then but even the homeless people here that everyone is so scared of are even very harmless. I love Concord because it’s far from violent. My husband was born and raised in East Oakland and trust me Concord is far from that.

109 lowey January 14, 2014 at 11:56 AM

that area has been bad since the mid 90s anyone who grew up in concord knows that ..and i think back then it was way worse then now…everyone knows solano and monumet.are the bad areas