The Claycord BART Crime Report – Resisting Arrest & Auto Theft

January 7, 2014 · 35 comments

This is the Claycord BART crime report.

The information in this report is provided by the BART Police Department (BPD), and it will be posted on Claycord.com when it’s made available by BPD.

Weapons Call/Resisting Arrest/Failure to ID – Pleasant Hill Station

12/29/13 9:25am

Two patrons reported seeing a subject on the platform, wearing tan pants, a “Warriors” jacket and a backpack with a gun in his left front pocket. BART and Pleasant Hill police officers responded to search the platforms, the station, and parking structure for the suspect. An extensive search was conducted but officers were unable to locate the suspect. Trains were held for approximately 12 minutes for the search. About 45 minutes later, the station agent at Pleasant Hill reported seeing the possible suspect standing in the bus zone. Officers responded and again searched for the suspect with negative results. A station agent later reported seeing the possible suspect smoking a cigarette and pacing about on the Walnut Creek platform (2) and officers responded to search for the suspect again. Trains were held out of this station as the officers coordinated a response. The officers detained the suspect in question as he walked down to the concourse level of the station from the platform. The suspect resisted the detention by trying to walk away from the officers and was taken into custody. The officers were unable to locate the gun or the subjects backpack. A sergeant responded to conduct a use of force investigation. The suspect was arrested and booked into the Martinez Detention Facility for resisting arrest. The officers were initially unable to confirm the identity of the suspect. The suspect was later positively identified and was shown to be on two counts of probation for resisting arrest and providing a false name to a peace officer. The suspect was also found to be on parole for assault with a deadly weapon. A parole hold was placed on the suspect and an additional charge of providing a false name to a peace officer was added to the booking sheet.

Auto Theft – North Concord Station

12/26/13, 9:17pm

A patron reported that their black 1994 Honda Civic was stolen, between 0700-1930 hours, while parked at the station. An officer responded to take the report.

1 Frank L. January 7, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Auto thefts will continue at BART, especially older Honda’s and Toyota’s.

CLUB YOUR VEHICLE OR HAVE IT STOLEN!

2 Cowellian January 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Frank L,
With all your education, why do you continue to use apostrophes to create plural nouns?

3 ugh January 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Frank L,

Clubs are pointless it takes 5 seconds to defeat one. Cut the steering wheel or put a pipe over the end of the club fork and bend it.

4 Mitch January 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM

@ Cowellian-2

For the same reason you continue to bully people on Claycord. Because he wants to. What difference does it make? Personally, I think it looks better with an apostrophe whether it’s proper or not.

I club my cars, and no, my car wasn’t stolen. Like I’m the only Mitch.

5 Cowellian January 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Clubs are fine, but they should be used on the thieves and not the cars.

6 Angelica January 7, 2014 at 11:17 AM

@Ugh—-#3

Clubs are NOT POINTLESS! Law enforcement recommends them. How many car thieves are carrying a saw? And how easy is it to saw them off?

Clubs deter the rookies. The pros will steal your car, regardless of what type of theft device you use.

I use a club on my newer Toyota, and a kill switch on my more expensive car.

7 ugh January 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Angelica

If law enforcement told you to wear a tin foil had and hop ever place you go would you do that?

And you dont cut the club you cut the steering wheel. and that takes seconds. And most thieves carry many tools. I spent many years in the repo and stolen recovery business.

A hidden kill switch is much better.

8 Jeffrey Rush January 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM

@Mitch #4:
Thanks for the laugh. It is always hilarious when some buffoon tries defending someone’s basic lack of communication skills. Most of us are taught proper punctuation at an early age. In your case, I suggest looking into some adult education classes in remedial English. Cowellian is correct in his observations.

9 Angelica January 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

@ ugh—7

A club is a deterrent whether you believe it or not. I KNOW THIEVES ARE LOOKING FOR HONDAS AND TOYOTAS, that’s why I club my Toyota, and use a kill switch on other car, which is worth about 60K.

When thieves see a club, they’ll move on, and steal a car without one. HELLO!!!

What good is a car with a cut steering wheel? And what makes you think you know more than law enforcement?

You’re a moron.

10 AwShucks January 7, 2014 at 11:56 AM

@Cowellian #2. You might try removing that
stick from your butt. You be more accepting of
those minor irritations apostrophes seem to be
causing you. For someone who doesn’t
even live in Claycord, you and your friends sure
do try and boss those of us who do around.

11 Keith January 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM

@ Jeffrey Rush~~~~~(8)

Mitch didn’t say the other guy was correct. He said he thinks it looks better whether it’s proper or not. Which means he knows it’s not proper.

Cowellian comes at Mitch (and a lot of others) all the time. He is a bully. If you dish it out, you need to learn to take it

I doubt Mitch was defending Frank. He was coming at Cowellian.

You might want to check into “reading classes”, and learn what “whether it’s proper or not” means.

Idiot!

12 Antler January 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Or you could pay attention to Cowellian and learn something that will help YOU.

13 Claire January 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I always thought Cowellian was a know it all. So now he knows Frank’s education level?

I think AwShucks said it best.

I, like a lot of people, recommend a Club!

14 Justin January 7, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Wait until Cowellian reads Ugh-#7 “A tin foil had and hop ever place you go.”

Wow!

15 Mustang Sally January 7, 2014 at 12:19 PM

At the risk of interupting the flow ot this enthralling nit picking, I think the answer is to drive an old ugly car. The kill switch sounds like a good idea. I must look into it. I have one of those python things that makes all the racket. I don’t know weather or not it works, but it makes it easy to lock & unlock my ugly old car.

16 Sniping At One Another January 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM

Are we all a little grumpy today?

Chill, children, time for a group hug

17 Justin January 7, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Mustang Sally, that would be “whether”, not weather.

Just filling in for Cowellian.

Antler, who wants to pay attention to him? He does come across as a bully, and a know it all. If that’s your style, that doesn’t make you look good either.

18 Way off track January 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Just one more time I regret reading peoples comments!!!!!! CAN YOU SAY GROW THE F UP?!?!?!?

19 Rick January 7, 2014 at 1:26 PM

@ Way off track….(19)

Calm down. If the comments of others are that upsetting to you, don’t read them. This is a public blog, not your grandmothers house.

Like strangers care?

20 I'M NOT PROUD, BUT..... January 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks (Brooklyn, NY), and used to steal cars in my 20’s.

As a former car thief, The Club is definitely a deterrent. A thief will move on to a car that doesn’t have any anti-theft device.

Lock your doors, use an anti-theft device (Club, kill switch, lo-jack, etc.), and last but not least. never leave ANYTHING in your vehicle, and a thief will move on.

Like Angelica said, a pro will get your vehicle anyway. All you can do is deter the amateurs.

21 Mustang Sally January 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Oh for heaven’s sake!

22 Cowellian January 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Leave Mustang Sally alone. Frank’s the one who was bragging about rich and well educated he is. And, oh by the way, did you know that he lives in Lafayette? He just doesn’t want visitors from way out in Claycord.

It looks like most of the gang with only one brain has shown up. We’ve heard from Frank and Mitch and Kieth and Angelica. I’m sure that the rest of that mob will be around soon enough, taking potshots at me and agreeing with each other.

23 Trust me January 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Any thief who will cut your exhaust pipe to steal a catalytic converter will cut your steering wheel to steal your car.

A club is about as much of a deterrent as a turd on the door handle would be.

24 Julie January 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM

@ I’m Not Proud, But…..#21

I totally agree! If people won’t listen to someone who knows, they won’t listen to anyone.

25 Denise January 7, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I don’t remember Frank bragging about how rich or well educated he is. He reminds people to use a Club, but so what?

He mentioned that he spent 4K on his wife for Christmas, but it was in response to a Water Cooler question, how much will you be spending at Christmas? Do you expect him to lie?

Class envy will get you nowhere.

By the way, I’m not part of any gang, nor do I know anyone on Claycord.

Somebody on here sounds like a very unhappy person.

26 Jim Winner January 7, 2014 at 5:09 PM

I never meant for The Club to be a “real” theft deterrent. It was mostly meant as a visual deterrent to those with below average intelligence. Why do you think it’s painted bright colors and given such a menacing name? Sure, it could stop a 90-year old woman from stealing a car, but anybody with any significant upper body strength can bend the thing like a pretzel. And if it were any stronger, it would be too heavy for people to comfortably handle, and they wouldn’t buy it. So, we just say it’s made of super-strength alloy and that explains the light weight. It’s not like everybody is a metallurgist or something.

Anyway, thanks for making me a rich guy. I’ll just drop this here.

27 awshucks January 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM

It’s a known fact that punctuation is totally a relevant to the understanding of meaning.

28 Miguel January 7, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I’m assuming most of you didn’t grow up around people who commit felonies on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, growing up in South Central LA, I did.

The Club is a deterrent to amateur thieves. Those are the only ones you can deter. Pros will get your car anyway.

It will deter, but not eliminate. There’s a difference.

29 Angelica January 7, 2014 at 6:36 PM

This thread cracks me up, and Miguel is the funniest, followed closely by Frank.

Just “Club It”……

30 Elwood January 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM

If BART can’t have a real PD where a sergeant doesn’t have to approve every arrest they should disband their comic opera PD.

31 Mitch January 7, 2014 at 11:08 PM

@ Jim Winner~~~29

I clicked on your thread, and it refers to what “pro car thieves” think of the Club.

FOR THE LAST TIME, THE CLUB WILL DETER AMATEURS, ROOKIES, ETC. A PRO WILL GET YOUR VEHICLE REGARDLESS!

If you didn’t get it before, do you get it now?

ANTI-THEFT DEVICES WILL DETER, NOT ELIMINATE. AND ONLY THE AMATEURS, OKAY!!!!

Wake up people!

32 Jim Winner January 8, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Mitch,
I totally get it. You (and some others here) take comfort in the false sense of security you get by attaching a silly monstrosity to your steering wheel. And you already have an excuse ready for when it doesn’t work. If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to use the thing, knock yourself out.

Personally, I park my car in my alarmed garage at night, which is a much more effective theft deterrent than clubbing it. And I don’t park at BART stations, either.

33 Steve January 8, 2014 at 5:11 AM

@Elwood, that’s the first intelligent comment I’ve seen you make. Good point.

34 anon January 8, 2014 at 9:22 AM

i was nieeve about the honda’s theft rait. wen i livved in bay point and the bart had just been added, the crime picked up. i lived very close to the bart and had my 10 year old honda stolen. i didnt have it clubbed. the cops said the thieves are just looking for a ride, something easy to steal. i used the club after that. yes they can cut the wheel in however many seconds. since these thieves are evidently just looking for a ride, dont you think they’d go for the easier steal?
i left plenty of room for spelling and grammar correction.

35 The best solution January 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM

is to drive something other than a Honda.