Stolen Boat Featured on Claycord.com Recovered on Kirker Pass Rd.

January 7, 2014 15:45 pm · 20 comments

boat

The stolen boat we told you about on Monday afternoon has been found on Kirker Pass Rd. in Pittsburg, according to police.

Several Claycordians recognized the boat from our story on Monday, and phoned police early this morning immediately after spotting it on the side of the road, without a trailer or a motor.

Thanks to all of you who called the police and kept an eye out for the boat, which had sentimental value to the family who owns it.

Also, thanks to Clara for the picture. You can barely see the boat behind the Concord Police patrol cars, but it’s there.

RELATED STORY: STOLEN: Sunray Jet Boat & Trailer – Reward for Safe Return – No Questions Asked

1 wc44 January 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Trailer and motor likely sold for scrap. Some recycler has it.

2 JET January 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM

I was one of the ones that saw the boat this morning and reported it to the police! Glad they recovered it but sorry for the owner since it is missing the trailer and engine (they can be replaced!).

3 Cowellian January 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Claycord solves another one!

4 Shelly January 7, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Way to go Jet !!

5 VikingPrincess January 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Jay for claycord.com and Concordians!

6 VikingPrincess January 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Yay I mean ..

7 Karma? January 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I always wonder what happens when a thief gets robbed? Do they complain? Are they upset? Or do they think about Karma? Karma may or may not be real. But even if it isn’t, when something happens to you you yourself have done to another, learn. Think about it. Any crime you hurt another. What if it was you? Your sister? Mother? Sick father? Then change. I see Karma often in my life, of things I did or how I acted. And try to change. And probably what bothers me most is when someone trashes their brother then someone says something bad about their brother and they get all pissed off and want to fight? What the hell is that about? So I guess KArma in this case is this person will get chopped up by a propeller blade and turned into fish food. And wow, right to the right of this article, a Boat parts ad! Now that is good ad placement!

8 anonanonagain January 7, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Glad that they found the boat, however it’s not solved until the culprits/thieves are found and brought to justice……

9 Ricardoh January 7, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Scrap

10 Dan January 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM

someone really wanted themselves an AMC 360

11 Not exactly a happy ending January 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hopefully, the boat wasn’t badly damaged when the thieves dumped it off the trailer, and hopefully the owner can get it back on the water. Boat trailers are dirt cheap (and often free) on craigslist, so that shouldn’t be too much of an expense. And to the POS thief, I hope you thought that was a Chevy engine and you’re trying to fit it in your ’79 Camaro as we speak.

12 Denise January 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Glad the boat was found. Time to find the thieves!

13 concord January 7, 2014 at 5:23 PM

guess someone wanted that motor!

14 Pittsburg area? January 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM

No way! I’m shocked.

15 MadMom January 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Glad the boat is back with the owner. Hopefully it can be restored without too much hardship. At least they got it back! Go Claycord readers! You did it!

16 Shasta Daisy January 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Go CLAYCORD!!!

How did any thief think he could hide a boat???

17 Gus January 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM

A handgun manufacturer really needs to use the name “karma” for a pistol. That would be some funny sh€t.

18 Ian January 7, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Tweakers!

19 nytemuvr January 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM

@Dan #10
My thoughts from the beginning….

20 Buford January 7, 2014 at 10:28 PM

This boat could make a nice addition to the playground at my trailer park.