Memorial Service Planned for Concord High Senior Who Died During Snowmobile Accident

January 7, 2014 16:52 pm · 24 comments

passed_away

Tragic news to report today.

A memorial service has been planned for Concord High School Senior Noura Daiess, who passed away on January 3rd during a snowmobile accident in New York.

The following information is from the Daiess family:

Our beloved angel, Noura was taken from us in an ATV (snowmobile) accident this past Friday, January 3rd, in upstate New York while on vacation with family. While it is with immense sorrow that we inform our loved ones of this great tragedy, it is with open arms that we welcome all to celebrate her beautiful life.

The service will be held in St. Bonaventure’s Church in Concord, CA at 2 p.m. this Thursday, January 9th 2014. We would like for this to be a space of love, respect and remembrance of our sister, daughter and friend. We are extending this invitation to all members of the Concord High School community, as well as all others simply wanting to pay tribute to her life.

We would be grateful for your attendance as our strength is born from being surrounded by support and love in this troubling time.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers,

The Daiess Family

CLAYCORD NOTE: Childhood photo of Noura is courtesy of the Daiess family. Rest in Peace, Noura.

{ 24 comments }

1 Denise January 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with the Daiess family.

As a Concord High grad, it reminds of the friends I lost in high school.

Gone too soon…..

2 RIP Noura January 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I didn’t know this beautiful girl but am sending my condolences to her family and friends. I have no doubt Heaven just welcomed another angel.

3 DMZ January 7, 2014 at 5:43 PM

We are sorry for the terrible loss.
In our thoughts & Prayers.

4 MadMom January 7, 2014 at 5:46 PM

You are in our hearts and prayers.

5 Miguel January 7, 2014 at 5:48 PM

Condolences to the Daiess family. What a sad tragedy.

6 Miss ranchogirl January 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM

so sad. thinking of them all!

7 NoMoreFreeRide January 7, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Very tragic. God Bless You

8 J. January 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM

R.I.P. Noura

Arms around the family and friends.

9 Minutemom January 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Our love and prayers are with this wonderful family…memory eternal

10 Angelica January 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM

God bless the Daiess family. What a beautiful young girl.

11 Shasta Daisy January 7, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Deepest sympathy to the family and friends.
God bless you in this time of sorrow.
Another angel in heaven.

12 still anon January 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM

My heart is sad! Rest in peace.

13 Silva January 7, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I’m so sorry for your loss. So many people will surely miss Noura.

14 VDS January 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Prayers for the family are being sent. To young, to soon! So sorry for your loss.

15 Rolynne Manalac January 7, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Jami and family my heart is going out to you and the family during this extremely difficult time. I have been blessed to watch Noura grow up from a cute lil 8 year old to the beautiful young woman she had become. It is with a heavy heart that when Reanna called me to me the news…our love thoughts and prayers to you from our family.

16 ChampagneKitty January 8, 2014 at 1:30 AM

My condolences to the family for their loss…:-(

17 Marcus January 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Thoughts and prayers to the family. God bless.

18 HaMakom Yinakhem Etkhem January 8, 2014 at 8:43 AM

May Noura ‘s soul be bound in the bond of eternal life, and may her memory always be a blessing and an inspiration to all who knew and loved her.

HaMakom Yinakhem Etkhem
May God bring comfort to all those who grieve the loss of loved ones.

19 Steve January 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

What a tragic ending of life. A beautiful young lady. May she R.I.P.

20 anon mom in Conc January 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Such sad news…my daughter goes to Concord High, and although knew Noura only a little, was quick to describe her as a good student, well liked and very sweet. She will be missed by her friends and teachers at CHS. May God bless her and her loving family.

21 Concordanon January 8, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I am one grade older than Noura and I didn’t ever talk to her, but I remember seeing her around campus since I was friends with some of her friends. That’s so sad though to think of all the things we do in life that she never experienced, like marriage or being self-dependent. R.I.P Noura. Concord High will definitely be different without you. Second CHS student to pass in the past year!

22 still anon January 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Mayor, I am a former teacher of Noura’s and would like to send my condolences to the family. Also, wondering if donations can be made to a preferred organization? I won’t be able to be at the memorial in person but my heart will be there. If you have any information regarding the above will you please post. Thank you.

23 Tammi Epstein January 8, 2014 at 9:25 PM

My heart goes out to Noura’s family. I remember her from Westwood such a sweet beautiful girl.

24 Minutemom January 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Just came from the memorial service. So many people were there – such beautiful words that were spoken, loving hugs given…