STOLEN: Sunray Jet Boat & Trailer – Reward for Safe Return – No Questions Asked

January 6, 2014 13:06 pm · 40 comments

stolen

stolen2

A Claycordian had his boat stolen over the weekend, and he’s offering a reward for its safe return.

Here’s a message from the owner….

Our blue and white 1982 Sunray jet boat was stolen from a parking lot on Commerce Ave. in Concord on the weekend of 1/4 or 1/5.

It is sitting on a tandem axle blue trailer and all the tires were flat. There is no interior in this boat nor does it have a carburetor installed. It has a AMC 360 on board with a panther jet. This boat holds sentimental value to our family as we bought it brand new and would like it back. No questions asked on the recovery to this boat and trailer.

Reward if found intact!! Well as intact as it was when it was stolen.

If you are the dirt bag that stole this boat: There are very specific I.D. marks on this boat and trailer that only I know about for situations just like this.

Call my business number anytime! 888-907-4285

If you don’t want to call the owner, call Concord Police Dept. 925-671-3333 and refer to case #14-278.

1 wc44 January 6, 2014 at 1:13 PM

An ’82 boat with four flat tires. I think your wife paid somone to haul it away.

2 I hope the thief or thieves is/are caught January 6, 2014 at 1:14 PM

and that the boat is returned.

Thieves, there is only one good punishment and it has nothing to do with jail time.

3 Lily January 6, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Why was it sitting in a parking lot in the first place instead of being somewhere safe?

4 Anon January 6, 2014 at 1:29 PM

“Someone had to see something.”

Of course…but around here people do not get involved

5 anon January 6, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Check over the hill in Baypoint.

6 Incognito January 6, 2014 at 1:49 PM

It doesn’t matter where it was parked, does it?

The bottom line is some dirt bag stole something, once again, that didn’t belong to him/her.

7 et-al January 6, 2014 at 1:53 PM

The Arabs have at least one thing right; caught stealing……lose a hand.

8 Sheila January 6, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I hope they get their boat back.

9 good riddance January 6, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Seems like it was a piece of junk sitting on four flat tires and nearly gutted. It shouldn’t have been visible from the street in that condition anyway. Have you checked with the City? Maybe they hauled it away for being an eyesore.

10 VikingPrincess January 6, 2014 at 2:40 PM

A boat that doesn’t work, parked in a public parking lot, four flat tires with a reward if found intact.
Weird.

11 Mark January 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM

There is a storage lot at the end of Commerce. Maybe they have security cameras that saw something? Is the boat insured? Does the lot owner have any liability? I know you just want the boat back, but if you don’t get it back, maybe you get something??

Thieves may have wanted the engine. Doesn’t sound like there is a lot of value in the boat itself. Hope you catch the crooks.

12 Jerks January 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Any video in that area that may have the A-hole(s) and their get-away vehicle in it?
We have a Claycord acquaintance whose boat and trailer were stolen out of his front yard/driveway. I don’t believe he ever saw it again.
Ellas need to secure their belongings more closely these days otherwise tu’ inviting thievery. Es common sense, si’?

13 Lily January 6, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Mark,I doubt that the lot owner would have any liability because the boat owner probably dumped it on the lot illegally anyhow because he probably couldn’t park it at home.

14 Victim blamers suck January 6, 2014 at 3:09 PM

And for those of you who are saying the boat is worthless, do you have any clue what “sentimental value” means?

Point is, it’s important to its owner, and it doesn’t belong to the turd who took it.

15 the other jj January 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM

something is not right here!!

16 Lily January 6, 2014 at 3:36 PM

If the boat had such “sentimental value”, it should have been parked somewhere safe, not in an open parking lot where it could be taken by anyone.

17 Fig Newton January 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Must have been a un-employed toothless tweek! With no CDL,,no ins, homeless,,, worthless guy who would stoop this low!!!!!!!!! You can bet the scum bags who took this boat have nothing to lose! The thief has had run ins with CPD,, and know how to beat the system!

18 Here's a thought. January 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Maybe the boat owner also owns the business where it was parked. Or maybe he took it to that business to have work done on it.

Sorry, that’s two thoughts.

19 Anon January 6, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Wanna bet Lily’s kid goes to prison for this.

20 Concordanon January 6, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Wow, I can’t believe a boat went missing. A BOAT! With 4 flat tires on the trailer! Good luck getting that back, it’s scrapped. Someone probably thought “Hmm, what an ugly dirty boat that’s sitting all alone in a parking lot with no one around and no lock on the trailer, I’ll just hitch it up and take it to the scrapyard to get some money”. If I saw a boat alone in a parking lot with no trailer lock, I would think you wanted it to get stolen.

21 Atticus Thraxx January 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Sorry about your boat. I get the sentimental thing. Hope you get it back.

22 nytemuvr January 6, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Actually that 360 motor is hard to come by and someone restoring an AMC car(Javelin, AMX, Rebel) would do backflips to find one. The sentimental thing is the biggest loss however. ASSES! The Arabs have it right when it comes to stealing. I had a bike I bought new in ’81 for 22 years and tweeks got it. I understand your feelings, hope it shows up.

23 Scrooge January 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM

No empathy

24 Glen January 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Can they look at other similar boats in the area? for someone to take it in that condition means (to me) they needed parts from it.

I hope you get it back.

25 Willard January 6, 2014 at 6:15 PM

The boat doesn’t look all that bad to me. Just because it’s a project doesn’t make it worthless. I’m sure some of you wannabe elitist posters were projects to your parents. Obviously unfinished…

26 Insurance job... January 6, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Call, Johnny Dollar.

27 Ted K., SuperMax January 6, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Wow, it takes balls to steal a boat…. a speed boat at that.

AMC engine? Really? It should have a 454 with an 8-71 BDS blower.

‘hope ya get it back.

28 Duck January 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Sounds like an insurance scam !

29 This guy January 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Pretty bold dirt bags, I hope it turns up

30 Danielle January 6, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Regardless of the situation, I hope this person gets his boat back.

31 Peepaw January 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Maybe the Big C has cameras on the parking lot area? They recently installed cameras around the soccer courts. Was this boat in between Autohaus International and Crown Dental Studio?

32 Big Fred January 6, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Wow that is terrible! Hope the boat gets found, and hopefully intact! Apparently some commenters do not understand sentimental value…no blame should be put on the owner here people! If we lived with decent human beings there would be no problem leaving your boat out…if only!

33 Hasani January 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I saw a boat that might have looked similar to this on the side of the road on Kirker Pass Road coming back towards Concord/Clayton from Pittsburg. It’s dark out and I drove by pretty fast so I’m not exactly sure but it might be worth a mention.

34 JET January 7, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Hey – I think I found your boat!!
On my way to work this morning I saw it. I will call the work number that you provided around 8am, hopefully you will be there so I can give you the details.

35 JET January 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM

To the owner, I just called and reported my information into the Concord Police Department….. I saw the boat on my way into work this morning around 545am….the boat is at the bottom of Kirker Pass Road (on the Pittsburg side of the hill). It looks like they pushed it off the trailer, so the boat is just sitting there on the side of the road, no trailer in sight. Sorry that you can’t get it all back, but at least you will have the boat back (you can always get another trailer!).

36 Erick January 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM

I just saw a boat matching the description ditched on the side of the road on kirker pass coming from Pittsburg side. Right after the firewood place.

37 Lt January 7, 2014 at 7:58 AM

CPD notified – boat has been dumped (minus trailer) on Kirker Pass at former firewood lot.

38 Eureka! January 7, 2014 at 7:59 AM

CPD. found the boat, no trailer or motor.
Bummer.

39 J. January 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM

American Pickers or Pawn Stars might take the boat (B-ust O-ut A-nother T-housand).

40 Incognito January 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I also saw a boat which appears to be similar to the pics above – Kirker Pass Road. Was paying attention to driving… but it sure caught my eye!