Resident Warns of Vehicle Burglaries on Clayton Rd. in Concord

January 3, 2014 · 19 comments

Residents of the Paramount Arms Apartments in Concord – Beware!

The suspicious people shown in the video above were spotted looking into vehicles, and possibly broke into a vehicle on Dec.23, fleeing with several items.

One victim says “the manager at my apartment complex has notified me that someone else just had their trunk broken into and stole all their gifts. We have also had people try to cyphen gas out of my fiance’s truck and a few other old trucks in the complex there have also been bicycles stolen and a car. I have a small clip and a picture of the two guys stealing my belongings. let me explain my incident: on Dec. 23rd at about 3:10 am two men entered my apartment complex at 4860 Clayton Rd. (paramount arms) and started to check all the cars. they finally got lucky with mine. they stole a new coffee pot i just bought, a dress, some beauty supplies including(a bright orange “spaBOOKER” tote filled with waxing supplies, Sugaring supplies and skincare products. These things have no worth to anyone else but me. the products add up to about $300 and that is just the products alone. they stole brand new tire chains, and my radio faceplate, a hair straightener, and my car registration. again the other things I do not care about but I am so sad to know that they have no idea what the beauty products are and will be tossed in the trash. I use these products for for work. I really believe our complex has been targeted we have never had problems until now. If you can help me in any way that would be great.”

Sorry to hear about this.

Always secure your vehicle and make sure nothing valuable is inside.

If you recognize the two individuals shown above, please contact the Concord Police Department.

1 Sickening.... January 3, 2014 at 6:06 PM

I hate low lives like these two cretins without a life. Obviously they don’t have any ambitions in life other than doing drugs, stealing, thieving and selling other people’s hard worked for possessions. When they are old men and living down by the river with **** in their pants, perhaps then they can reflect on their lives and wish they had made something of themselves…..If only.

2 California Nightmare January 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM

There are a certain percentage of people who will take what they want and have no regard for other people. What discourages them from criminal behavior is not compassion or empathy, it is only the fear of being caught and the consequences associated with being caught.

This California legislature, and this Governor have gutted the criminal justice system by overcrowding the local jails. No matter how hard our police work, the system is rigged for “catch and release”.

You will see more “non violent” crimes like car theft and burglary, ID theft, etc. because Susan Bonilla, Mark DeSauliner, and Jerry Brown refuse to build more jail space while they empty out the prisons.

Shame on them, and shame on those who voted for them.

3 Should be easy to recognize them January 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

with such high quality video. I think it’s bait car time.

4 Julie January 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM

1. Don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle, including the trunk.

2. Get a locking gas cap.

There won’t be anything to steal, except your car. To avoid that, get a club or a kill switch.

5 @Julie January 3, 2014 at 7:36 PM

Confucius say:

Club your car, prevent a theft. Club a car thief, prevent many thefts.

6 anon January 3, 2014 at 7:38 PM
7 anon January 3, 2014 at 8:49 PM

ooh, what’s the bait? spring surprise? crunchy frog? ram’s bladder cup? cockroach cluster? anthrax ripple?

8 One gets what one asks for January 3, 2014 at 9:07 PM

Why do people still leave stuff in their vehicles? Duh.

9 Anon January 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Seems like they need to hire a security guard

10 Mr. Moses January 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I hope they catch the criminals. Unfortunately, this is the future of California- abhorrent gun laws for law abiding citizens and non-existent law enforcement without a State culture that has citizens protecting themselves. In my old state if I came across this I could have drawn my gun and detained them until the police arrived. Here, I would be the one would would have been arrested for having a firearm in “public” or pointing a firearm at a person, while the criminals would have been given a citation and let go…lol. Multi-home property common areas are not considered “enough” of your property to exercise fully your gun rights. Out here, people just cower inside their homes while “petty” criminals have free sway.

Worse, many citizens show signs of severe mental illness, a form of Stockholm syndrome, whereby they blame themselves and internalize their plight by making statements like “you should use a club” or “you should have never left anything inside your car.” I bet if these same people had to testify in court as a witness they would actually defend the criminal. Really quite sad.

If you are not safe on your OWN property, then something is seriously wrong. We all need a safe spot to recharge and fall back into; it is basic psychology. This is such a common problem in muti-unit housing in California that HOA’s should embrace security as a role just like they do in trimming the lawn, maintaining a pool, or writing up fines. It is very inexpensive to hire unarmed security and they have different rate packages from permanent always there to night time only to night time roving where different locations share the cost by having the guard rotate locations randomly. Petty crime is about opportunity. Provide deterrence and rates collapse.

11 anon January 4, 2014 at 8:56 AM

It’s not Stockholm Syndrome to recognize Concord is a crime-ridden craphole nobody is interested in fixing. It’s not even a surprise. Shut up and pay your taxes.

12 Atticus Thraxx January 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Your welcome to move the hell out any time anon.

13 Anonymous January 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Whoa now Atticus. Wrong side of the bed this morning?

14 Concord a craphole? January 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Not really. Actually crime is low here. The attached web site shows crime for Concord in great detail. This city is below average in crime. So, if you don’t like it here, help reduce the crime rate or move.

15 anon January 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM

I can’t. Not until my term of office expires.

16 Angelica January 4, 2014 at 12:02 PM

We live in Walnut Creek, but I’m with Atticus.

Why come on a Concord website and criticize Concord?
Move out anon!

17 Mimi (original) January 4, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Augh! Spelling Bea here: the thieves SIPHONED gas! I’ll bet you are one of the grammar-dense that cannot distinguish between There, they’re, and their!

18 Atticus Thraxx January 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Pissed me off. I’m proud of where I live. It’s a safe, competently run city. Concord/Claycord…has changed and not all the changes I like. But it’s a better place to live than 95% of the rest of the world. Maybe 90%. Still.

19 @ anon 15 January 4, 2014 at 4:31 PM

lame excuse. Your resignation would be welcomed by many I am sure.